Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

Goofyernmost

This honestly is all that needs to be said, but sadly, some people just won't accept it. Why is absolutely beyond me.
The problem is that you don't have to convince us. Personally I wouldn't care if they had Cinnamon Buns in every building in WDW. You have to convince Disney. None of us made the decision to take them out. What many people are saying is this. If they took away Mickey Bars, for example, my personal favorite snack, I would be disappointed, but, a whole lot of things that are offered or were offered at the parks are different then they were in 1983 when I first went there. I know that I wouldn't be that obsessed about it.

Here's the bottom line. If you want them returned, contact Disney. The more of you that do this, the better chance you have of getting a reaction. The Main Street Bakery is, like everything else in WDW...fantasy! Do you think for one minute that what we see there, both external and internal really represent any Main Street in the early 1900's. For one thing, you would be surprise if you entered a bakery back then and didn't see mice (not Mickey's) droppings all over. No woodwork was all nice and shiny or have a crew in uniform. Aprons yes, uniforms no. They didn't wear hats, they smoked cigarettes while making the bread or whatever. People didn't buy Cinnamon Buns, or coffee cake or cupcakes. They sold bread, because that was more difficult to do, but even then most people made their own. Bakeries were luxury's for most people and necessity to a very few.

Yes, you are getting a lot of negative feedback and we are all sorry that your favorite is no longer there, but just exactly what do you think we can do about it. Let me repeat, it never was a real Bakery. Even if they made their own CB's which I don't believe they did, there is a huge difference between scratch cooking that you would have found in a real Bakery and what was happening there.

There is a reason why, they are no longer there just as there is a reason why they changed to whatever you folks say is currently what is available at Gaston's. If it was a huge seller, knowing Disney the way we do, not a single reason can be thrown in that would explain why it was moved or why it changed recipe.

Again, I encourage you and anyone that feels bad because the CB's are gone to contact Disney and let them know how unhappy you are about them being gone. They are the only ones that can do anything about it. You certainly will not gain any support by constantly making Starbucks sound like something that was built by the devil himself. There are a lot more people (not me) that like Starbucks Coffee then give a shoot about all the Cinnamon Buns in the world. I don't drink coffee, but, I am not the only one on the planet. Many are happy about the fact that they have changed it. Disney is not going to collapse because of it. Every day of every year, things change to adapt to what the demands of the consumer are. I like Cinnamon Buns as much as anyone, but I can honestly say that I have never gone to WDW because I just had to have one or that my trip would be ruined if I couldn't. In fact, I consider it a favor, the fewer CB's I consume, the longer before all those superior people out there start to point a laugh because I don't meet their standard of appearance.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
The problem is that you don't have to convince us. Personally I wouldn't care if they had Cinnamon Buns in every building in WDW. You have to convince Disney. None of us made the decision to take them out. What many people are saying is this. If they took away Mickey Bars, for example, my personal favorite snack, I would be disappointed, but, a whole lot of things that are offered or were offered at the parks are different then they were in 1983 when I first went there. I know that I wouldn't be that obsessed about it.

Here's the bottom line. If you want them returned, contact Disney. The more of you that do this, the better chance you have of getting a reaction. The Main Street Bakery is, like everything else in WDW...fantasy! Do you think for one minute that what we see there, both external and internal really represent any Main Street in the early 1900's. For one thing, you would be surprise if you entered a bakery back then and didn't see mice (not Mickey's) droppings all over. No woodwork was all nice and shiny or have a crew in uniform. Aprons yes, uniforms no. They didn't wear hats, they smoked cigarettes while making the bread or whatever. People didn't buy Cinnamon Buns, or coffee cake or cupcakes. They sold bread, because that was more difficult to do, but even then most people made their own. Bakeries were luxury's for most people and necessity to a very few.

Yes, you are getting a lot of negative feedback and we are all sorry that your favorite is no longer there, but just exactly what do you think we can do about it. Let me repeat, it never was a real Bakery. Even if they made their own CB's which I don't believe they did, there is a huge difference between scratch cooking that you would have found in a real Bakery and what was happening there.

There is a reason why, they are no longer there just as there is a reason why they changed to whatever you folks say is currently what is available at Gaston's. If it was a huge seller, knowing Disney the way we do, not a single reason can be thrown in that would explain why it was moved or why it changed recipe.

Again, I encourage you and anyone that feels bad because the CB's are gone to contact Disney and let them know how unhappy you are about them being gone. They are the only ones that can do anything about it. You certainly will not gain any support by constantly making Starbucks sound like something that was built by the devil himself. There are a lot more people (not me) that like Starbucks Coffee then give a shoot about all the Cinnamon Buns in the world. I don't drink coffee, but, I am not the only one on the planet. Many are happy about the fact that they have changed it. Disney is not going to collapse because of it. Every day of every year, things change to adapt to what the demands of the consumer are. I like Cinnamon Buns as much as anyone, but I can honestly say that I have never gone to WDW because I just had to have one or that my trip would be ruined if I couldn't. In fact, I consider it a favor, the fewer CB's I consume, the longer before all those superior people out there start to point a laugh because I don't meet their standard of appearance.
Just for the record we were not obsessed with it and yet again it was not about JUST ONE ITEM IT WAS ABOUT MANY OF THEM AND THE BAKERY ITSELF! We mentioned it and others took it to a whole new unnecessary level!! That caused us to keep talking about the topic longer than we would have! Obsessed is a strong word and we were no where near that just were stating in the forums our disappointment like any other topic discussed on here. If anybody was obsessed as you mention it would be the others trying to prove us wrong and questioning our character! Not taking about you as you just now put your input. :)

TP2000

In all my trips to WDW, I don't know that I've ever been in to this bakery. If I have, it was so uneventful I've forgotten it.

So I had to Google up what all the fuss was about, as I'm a huge fan of the Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café at DCA that serves Starbucks (and is CRAZY busy because they do serve Starbucks).

So Magic Kingdom Park replaces this rather mundane bakery scene on Main Street USA...
DSC_6932.jpg

With this updated/painted/rehabbed yet still rather mundane bakery scene...
9066970037_83412847b1_z.jpg

It looks more themed, but nothing too spectacular or wildly over the top. And they have the Starbucks menu offerings available, using Starbucks proprietary equipment and ingredients, for a premium product than many, many people willingly want to purchase.

Pardon me if I don't understand why this is a problem. :confused:

I actually think it would be great if they brought back more of the corporate sponsorships that used to populate all the Main Street USA prime locations; The Sunkist Citrus House, Bekin's Van Lines Lockers, the Timex Watch Shop, American Egg Board Omelet House, etc., etc. Kodak and film is dead, so that's out, but there's still a lot of old corporate sponsors that were on Main Street USA decades ago that would be fun to see brought back, or introduce new ones that speak to a 21st century audience.

sxeensweet

In all my trips to WDW, I don't know that I've ever been in to this bakery. If I have, it was so uneventful I've forgotten it.

So I had to Google up what all the fuss was about, as I'm a huge fan of the Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Café at DCA that serves Starbucks (and is CRAZY busy because they do serve Starbucks).

So Magic Kingdom Park replaces this rather mundane bakery scene on Main Street USA...
DSC_6932.jpg

It was never mundane! Always had to wait in line for at least 15-20 min if not longer and we go durning slower times of the year every time as we like to avoid the crowds. And you were lucky if you could get a table as well! So IMO that's not mundane and you probably missed out on something you may have enjoyed as many others obviously did for over 40 years! :)

sxeensweet

DSC_6932.jpg

It looks more themed, but nothing too spectacular or wildly over the top. And they have the Starbucks menu offerings available, using Starbucks proprietary equipment and ingredients, for a premium product than many, many people willingly want to purchase.

Pardon me if I don't understand why this is a problem. :confused:

I actually think it would be great if they brought back more of the corporate sponsorships that used to populate all the Main Street USA prime locations; The Sunkist Citrus House, Bekin's Van Lines Lockers, the Timex Watch Shop, American Egg Board Omelet House, etc., etc. Kodak and film is dead, so that's out, but there's still a lot of old corporate sponsors that were on Main Street USA decades ago that would be fun to see brought back, or introduce new ones that speak to a 21st century audience.
Yes there is actually less people in the new pictures than before if you notice. I know there is now 2 lines but from what alot that have been are saying is that it has not been as busy and also more people are choosing not to go due to the lack of items they used to enjoy. Starbucks coffee is the only thing IMO that will let them keep alot of business IMO. If they would have changed all the same stuff and NOT have Starbucks coffee served there would be no business hardly at all. Again just my opinions and many others as well. :)

PhotoDave219

Yes there is actually less people in the new pictures than before if you notice. I know there is now 2 lines but from what alot that have been are saying is that it has not been as busy and also more people are choosing not to go due to the lack of items they used to enjoy. Starbucks coffee is the only thing IMO that will let them keep alot of business IMO. If they would have changed all the same stuff and NOT have Starbucks coffee served there would be no business hardly at all. Again just my opinions and many others as well. :)

Would you care to back up your assertion that fewer people are going to MSB let alone the notion that it would be caused by the change on baked goods?

sxeensweet

I
Would you care to back up your assertion that fewer people are going to MSB let alone the notion that it would be caused by the change on baked goods?
It's just MY OPINION!! Never said it was a fact and I'm going by people I know that have gone and their input too! Never said it was based on just the baked goods either! I said ALL the changes which includes that , the no seating etc etc, the overall feel of the place. I know people that refuse to go now that they totally changed it and will just visit the other bakery's on property. Let people have their opinions PLEASE! We could be wrong but it is purely opinions mostly like this I just posted. I am not telling you your wrong to have the opinions you have even though I may not agree with some people not do I expect you to like my opinions either. :)

TP2000

It was never mundane! Always had to wait in line for at least 15-20 min if not longer and we go durning slower times of the year every time as we like to avoid the crowds. And you were lucky if you could get a table as well! So IMO that's not mundane and you probably missed out on something you may have enjoyed as many others obviously did for over 40 years! :)

Hmm.... So I had to look mundane up in my Funk & Wagnall's just to make sure I hadn't used the wrong word (which I can do sometimes).

Mundane, adjective
  • Lacking interest or excitement; dull.
  • Of this earthly world rather than a heavenly or spiritual one.

The Main Street Bakery was pleasant enough in the past, and still looks pleasant enough today, although the cosmetic rehab it just got looked like it was needed and appropriate. But it is rather mundane in that it's not terribly exciting or radically unique for a theme park section devoted to old-timey Americana, both pre-Starbucks and post-Starbucks. It's an old-fashioned themed bakery in a modern theme park, and it looks like it.

PhotoDave219

I
It's just MY OPINION!! Never said it was a fact and I'm going by people I know that have gone and their input too! Never said it was based on just the baked goods either! I said ALL the changes which includes that , the no seating etc etc, the overall feel of the place. I know people that refuse to go now that they totally changed it and will just visit the other bakery's on property. Let people have their opinions PLEASE! We could be wrong but it is purely opinions mostly like this I just posted. I am not telling you your wrong to have the opinions you have even though I may not agree with some people not do I expect you to like my opinions either. :)

I'm confused. It's your opinion that fewer people are going to MSB based on what exactly?

That's not exactly in the realm of opinion when you're stating it as a fact. I just want to know where you're getting this.

Because I know for a FACT that Disney's industrial engineering department has been counting the number of guests, guests per hour & monitoring the length of time it takes to serve guests.

sxeensweet

I kn
Hmm.... So I had to look mundane up in my Funk & Wagnall's just to make sure I hadn't used the wrong word (which I can do sometimes).

Mundane, adjective
  • Lacking interest or excitement; dull.
  • Of this earthly world rather than a heavenly or spiritual one.

The Main Street Bakery was pleasant enough in the past, and still looks pleasant enough today, although the cosmetic rehab it just got looked like it was needed and appropriate. But it is rather mundane in that it's not terribly exciting or radically unique for a theme park section devoted to old-timey Americana, both pre-Starbucks and post-Starbucks. It's an old-fashioned themed bakery in a modern theme park, and it looks like it.
I do know the definition of Mundane and "lack of interest" the bakery was always hoping so obviously there was no "lack of interest" lol. Thats all my point was to say it was not mundane in that sense in my opinion. :)

sxeensweet

I'm confused. It's your opinion that fewer people are going to MSB based on what exactly?

That's not exactly in the realm of opinion when you're stating it as a fact. I just want to know where you're getting this.

Because I know for a FACT that Disney's industrial engineering department has been counting the number of guests, guests per hour & monitoring the length of time it takes to serve guests.
I just said an opinion formed by people that have gone there since they re opened that I have talked to AGAIN their opinion and my opinion NOT A FACT!! I mean really do I need to list people's names I have talked to? It's all opinions and that's what this forum is about staying ones opinions as I have seen many times and even when I don't like what someone says I usually leave it alone and don't fault them for having that opinion no matter how wrong I may think it is. I may state back my opinion to them but won't try to prove them wrong repeatedly. I keep responding to these posts to defend myself mainly and not to force my opinion they can take it or leave it. Some just seem to not do either. I should't have to keep defending everything I or others are trying to say. :)

TP2000

I kn I do know the definition of Mundane and "lack of interest" the bakery was always hoping so obviously there was no "lack of interest" lol. Thats all my point was to say it was not mundane in that sense in my opinion. :)

I'm sure it always had a line of some sort. It was on the narrow entry/exit path as the only access point into and out of the most popular theme park on the planet, but most people just call that "Main Street USA at Disney World". :D

17+ Million people per year pass right outside the doors of this facility, with no other way into or out of the theme park. And I've heard great things about the cinnamon rolls they had there, so obviously there'd be a line for most of the day.

But it's appearance was rather mundane, which was what I was talking about in my original text; it's appearance. It didn't look spectacular or awe-inspiring. It looked very normal, and exactly how you'd expect a bakery/snack bar to look in an old-timey Americana theme park. I think mundane is the right word for this facility.
MM_-_Bakery-01.03.13-111.jp.jpg

And not that it absolutely awes anyone with its aesthetics today, either. I do like what they did with the ceiling though, by painting it dark and keeping the raised cove sections a lighter color. That gave the space more interest and reduced the bland and cheap look the ceiling had before. It looks more visually interesting and richer now, and less "1970's Americana Theme Park" as compared to its prior look.

Nemo14

I can't believe this is still going on, but I'll put my 2 cents in anyway.
If you say that fewer people are going there, then you should be prepared to back it up with numbers. Otherwise, if it's your opinion, then you should probably say something like "I'll bet there are fewer people there now", or " I would imagine that these changes would cause patronage there to drop".

Otherwise, your "opinion" comes out sounding like "fact", which requires evedence.

JMHO :D

PhotoDave219

I just said an opinion formed by people that have gone there since they re opened that I have talked to AGAIN their opinion and my opinion NOT A FACT!! I mean really do I need to list people's names I have talked to? It's all opinions and that's what this forum is about staying ones opinions as I have seen many times and even when I don't like what someone says I usually leave it alone and don't fault them for having that opinion no matter how wrong I may think it is. I may state back my opinion to them but won't try to prove them wrong repeatedly. I keep responding to these posts to defend myself mainly and not to force my opinion they can take it or leave it. Some just seem to not do either. I should't have to keep defending everything I or others are trying to say. :)

What you're trying to claim as an opinion really isn't one. You're trying to claim that something is a fact and then hide under the guise that it's an opinion.

You can try to claim that it is your opinion that fewer people are going to MSB just as much as the Kings of England (& elsewhere) felt the world was flat prior to 1492.

As for this forum? When we discuss things & express our opinions, we then use facts to back them up. We generally don't throw out a bold assertion such as "MSB is serving fewer people because of the changes" and then try to pass that off as an opinion, because it's not.

Do you understand what I mean in the difference between asserting something as a fact versus an opinion?

The Mom

Premium Member
Fact vs Opinion:

There are fewer customers. It is due to the menu change. Stated as fact.
or
It looks like there are fewer customers in these pictures. People I've spoken to have stated they won't go there because of the menu change. I won't go there because I don't like the menu. Stated as opinion.

It's possible that TPTB will bring back other favorites based upon feedback, both on the net, in person, and most importantly, emails they receive. That doesn't mean that it will definitely happen, or that it will happen immediately, or that WDW will let you know if they are going to make changes based on your complaint. But the more people who send them feedback, the more likely it is that they will pay attention.

Once upon a time, when I worked for a huge company, I made several complaints about one particular issue, and was either dismissed with a canned response, or told that what I was asking was impossible due to x, y, & z. Within a couple of years the change was made. Apparently enough other employees had voiced the same concern, so TBTB took a second look, and perhaps a third, and came to the conclusion that it was possible.

So, if this change really bothers people so much, complain to someone who might be able to do something. But arguing about it on an internet forum, and trying to change someone's opinion, only irritates people who really don't care one way or the other. Most just want a cup of coffee and someplace to get breakfast that doesn't involve making a reservation weeks in advance, paying a ton of money for mediocre food, and being accosted by people dressed up in costumes. Of course, that's only MY opinion. ;)

sxeensweet

What you're trying to claim as an opinion really isn't one. You're trying to claim that something is a fact and then hide under the guise that it's an opinion.

You can try to claim that it is your opinion that fewer people are going to MSB just as much as the Kings of England (& elsewhere) felt the world was flat prior to 1492.

As for this forum? When we discuss things & express our opinions, we then use facts to back them up. We generally don't throw out a bold assertion such as "MSB is serving fewer people because of the changes" and then try to pass that off as an opinion, because it's not.

Do you understand what I mean in the difference between asserting something as a fact versus an opinion?
Yes I I understand but I also know what an opinion is and have been on these forums and others for years and this is the first time I have ever had people try to tell me I'm stating facts instead of opinions!! It's an OPINION NOT A FACT IM TRYING TO PASS OFF as an OPINION! I cannot believe I am dealing with being told my opinion or predictions based on opinions is not that. This is really getting well past ridiculous!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom