Trip Report Magicians in everything I see

I think I read too many trip reports.

During our time at Disney everything I saw and felt reminded me of a lot of you. Some I know by name, some I remember by something I read in a report and thought of you even if I couldn't remember your name. It actually opened my eyes to things I didn't notice before.

This trip happened so fast, a quick recap for those that didn't read my pre trip report...

C just graduated college and planned a trip with a friend, friend had to back out so me, mom, went instead. C and friend all ready had their days planned and reservations made so I just did what I was told to do. It was actually nice not being the one doing all the planning

Meet C. She is a Disney lover, compassionate, singer extraordinaire, funny human being, animal lover. You can also read every emotion on her face, disgust, loathing, excitement, sadness.

Here she is in 2010

PICT0146.JPG

C just before our trip

CFDD85CA-8CDE-4434-AAE3-FE73E3E26F1F.jpeg

Our Disney trip started on Sunday May 15th - Saturday May 21st.
All Star Movies
No park hopper
Reservations at ll Muliano, Oga's, Mama Melrose, Skipper Canteen.

I don't take notes and will try to retell our story as I go through the pictures. So I better get started before I forget.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After Mickey's Runaway we head to Toy Story Land. I pass a Chicken Tender, Wait What. I have to turn around and take a picture. Who eats chicken tenders at 8:00am. Or worse has it been laying there since last night?

IMG_7753.JPG

IMG_7754.JPG

Why is this our next ride? This is C's first time Toy Story Land and our thoughts are it's going to be hot so we'll ride first since it's outdoors and we'll ride the others with inside queue's later when its hot. We waited 30 minutes. 30 minutes! I believe the sign said 10. They were only running one side

IMG_7755.JPG
IMG_7757.JPG

Yep

IMG_7758.JPG

Our gamble was not the right choice. Tower is at a 2 hour wait. It stayed that way all day. We are just passing by but I still have to stop for a picture.

IMG_7759.JPG

There was also a long wait on Rock n Roll but we decide to do Single Rider. The wait still ended up being about 30 minutes. There had to be about 8 or more tour groups and I mean VIP tour groups that pasted us in line to ride. That looks like the way to go!

IMG_7760.JPG

IMG_7761.JPG

Random beautiful flower arrangement.

IMG_7762.JPG

It's time to head to Star Wars area. We hop on Star Tours first and I do the Darstarr. I buckle up quickly and stare straight ahead. It didn't work for me. I'm sure I looked like a crazy lady just sitting there with my eyes all bugged out and not moving. No wonder they didn't pick me. If anyone else tries maybe try to look normal and not like you just broke the law.

IMG_7763.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Snack time. OK. Unpopular opinion. It was just popcorn. Nothing great nothing bad, just popcorn.

IMG_7764.JPG
IMG_7765.JPG

Again, C's first time seeing the Star Wars area. Some of her friends are into Star Wars, C not so much she is a Marvel and Guardian of the Galaxy girl. She still liked everything and I'm embarrassed to say we got lost maneuvering around the area.
IMG_7767.JPG
IMG_7769.JPG
IMG_7770.JPG
IMG_7771.JPG
IMG_7772.JPG
IMG_7773.JPG

Smugglers Run had a long wait. I explained to C about the ride and we decided to do single rider. It was just C, myself and one man. We walked all the way to the end of the line and the CM looks at us and said this has never happened before and put the three of us on together. C and man were pilots and I was a gunner. Man had never ridden before so I don't think he was too disappointed that we were horrible.

IMG_7774.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It's 11am and starting to get very warm. Time for some shows and lunch. I used to love watching the Muppets in the 70's and 80's. This show has grown on me the last few times I've visited but I wouldn't mind if they changed it to a different Muppet 3D show as long as they kept it Muppets.

IMG_7777.JPG
IMG_7779.JPG

Pizza Rizzo definitely wasn't the plan. But it was close and we were hot and hungry so we mobile ordered and picked up our pizza. It was actually very good. I had a thought of Tuvalu about sitting on the balcony outside (that is usually my preferred seating) but it was a little too hot for me so we sat at a booth upstairs and took a nice long break

IMG_7783.JPG

Next was Frozen sing along. C belted out the songs and a little girl next to her was so fascinated by C. She's like the piped piper. Little girls flock to C. It's actually really sweet. I keep telling her she needs to apply to be a Disney Princess.

There is a man sitting next to me. He doesn't want to be there. He looks so annoyed. He does chuckle at a few things so I know he's not a unhappy fella, just probably not where he wants to be. I tell him sorry but C is going to sing loudly and he just yells HUH?.. nothing buddy, I focus again on the show. The best part is the end... the snope is falling. This mans face has me laughing so hard I'm crying, he just looks like he wants to strangle his wife and adult daughter.

IMG_7786.JPG
IMG_7792.JPG

I ask for Indy, C isn't really interested but agrees to keep mom happy.

IMG_7794.JPG
IMG_7800.JPG

2:00pm and time for our Oga's Cantina reservation. I'm not as excited as C but I'm curious and glad she was able to get a reservation. We were put at a tall table with two other family's. We talked quite a bit to another mother daughter couple. They were from California and this was their first visit to Disney World. I ordered a T-16 Skyhopper. Holy Crap was it disgusting!. I wanted to try something different. I managed to choke down 3/4 of it. Normally I wouldn't finish a drink I didn't like but I was trying to use Joe's philosophy that you don't waste alcohol, plus I paid $17 for it. C got the Fizzy Tauntaun and liked it. Very neat experience but next time I'll stick to what I know I like to drink

IMG_7803.JPG
IMG_7805.JPG
IMG_7806.JPG

Last edited:

Loco_driver

WHAT!! No, I get it. It's a crazy commitment, he'll be gone all summer so there goes his chance of earning extra money for college and it is so expensive now to join. I spoke with Z and he said it's so hot right now practicing that they are all just trying not to faint or throw up.
I’m embarrassed to say, but the main reason I didn’t go was because there was this girl.
Tom Hanks Dipshit GIF
Spoiler Alert: it didn’t work out(thank God). But that makes my decision look even dumber in hindsight.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I’m embarrassed to say, but the main reason I didn’t go was because there was this girl.
Tom Hanks Dip**** GIF
Spoiler Alert: it didn’t work out(thank God). But that makes my decision look even dumber in hindsight.

Girls. They'll do that to you. :cautious:

Just learned that Phantom Regiment will be playing in San Antonio, TX on July 23 and McKinney on the 26. If the stars align I may try to come see him. It's a long shot but I'll only get a few chances this summer to see them perform before Finals.

Loco_driver

Girls. They'll do that to you. :cautious:

Just learned that Phantom Regiment will be playing in San Antonio, TX on July 23 and McKinney on the 26. If the stars align I may try to come see him. It's a long shot but I'll only get a few chances this summer to see them perform before Finals.

The San Antonio competition is a good one, plus it’s indoors! Not sure about McKinney, I went to that show once but can’t seem to remember much about it. Seems like it was mostly at night though. I can’t imagine being out in that heat during the day!

erstwo

The San Antonio competition is a good one, plus it’s indoors! Not sure about McKinney, I went to that show once but can’t seem to remember much about it. Seems like it was mostly at night though. I can’t imagine being out in that heat during the day!
But you have to practice sometime! (during the day :cool: )

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
San Antonio it is! I can't imagine playing and practicing in the heat like they do. I'd wilt.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It's 2:50 and time for our first fastpass, I mean LL. We waited maybe 10 minutes. C really liked it but prefers SDMT.

IMG_7808.JPG
IMG_7809.JPG

So close!

IMG_7811.JPG
IMG_7814.JPG

We took our time and looked around One Man's Dream. It's the first time I've seen the movie and I enjoyed it.

IMG_7817.JPG
IMG_7819.JPG

Time for LL #2 at 3:40

IMG_7824.JPG

IMG_7821.JPG

Yes, I took this picture because it reminding me of someone on here that asked why all the numbers are 9.

IMG_7822.JPG

C was ahead until the last screen. A barely win is still a win!

IMG_7826.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It's time for our ILL at 4:00pm. I've seen a lot of photos yet still have no idea what to expect. I've always skimmed through the photos quickly and didn't read too much about the ride other than "it's an experience". The older couple at the entrance were with us for quite awhile. They were very friendly and we chatted quite a bit. They are locals and have ridden RISE many times.

IMG_7831.JPG
IMG_7833.JPG

I tried to get C to smile but she wouldn't. She felt like it would be disrespectful.
IMG_7835.JPG

I was very pleasantly surprised and there were a lot of elements that I didn't expect. I just figured it was a walk through with some screens and transports from area to area. Which it kind of is but yet not. I'd ride again but not pay for an ILL.

We headed back to the room for a late break and I snapped this picture for @Longers. The Ice Cream Queen. Can anyone eat Disney Ice Cream and not think of Longers?

IMG_7836.JPG

We have a late dinner reservation at Mama Melrose. I think this is one of C's favorites. We always seem to eat here when she is at Disney.
IMG_7855.JPG
IMG_7857.JPG

Once in we got the best margarita on property, right TrolleyFollower91?

IMG_7860.JPG

C got the Shrimp Campanelle minus Shrimp. I'm pretty sure this was her favorite dish of the trip.

IMG_7861.JPG

I on the other hand wasn't that hungry and asked if I could order from the kids menu. I got the Chicken Parmesan. Um... look at all that food. The green beans and zucchini were delicious.

IMG_7862.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
We have another LL to get to. We are already well into our LL window but make it to Tower by 8:40pm.

IMG_7863.JPG

LL #3

IMG_7870.JPG

IMG_7865.JPG
IMG_7866.JPG
IMG_7867.JPG

It's 8:50 and we make it to the Boiler room. What the hell is this. C and I are ready to cause a major scene. All the while I'm thinking no way is Disney going to let this happen. I really was ready to get kicked out of HS. No need to panic like we didn't, as soon as it was time for them to get on an elevator they took the chicken exit. If I had your number @wdisney9000 I would've called. I literally was thinking WWWD9000 do?!
IMG_7868.JPG

We had a great drop sequence. After getting off I checked what the wait time was. Yikes.

IMG_7871.JPG

You know what's next! We had 4 minutes to spare until closing. Wait time says 25 minutes but I paid for Genie+ so I'm using LL #4

IMG_7872.JPG
IMG_7873.JPG

No need to really use the LL. It was a total walk on. We didn't even stop in the Alley. But we recorded our LL anyway.

IMG_7874.JPG

Even though the beginning of the day was stressful it ended up being a great day. The best one so far. Yes @Tuvalu even better then Animal Kingdom day. :) The stress of Genie+ really put a damper in the morning and that's not how you want to feel on vacations and having to keep checking on your window to make more LL's or when your next one is also a complaint of mine. Other than that it was a great day. I don't remember any unruly or rude guests this day, or grumpy CM's. It was a good day. We also left another CM compliment on Genie for our server at Mama's. He knew we were on a time crunch with our Tower LL and got our food, drinks and bill to us quickly so that we could leave and get to the other side of the park on time.

Songbird76

It's time for our ILL at 4:00pm. I've seen a lot of photos yet still have no idea what to expect. I've always skimmed through the photos quickly and didn't read too much about the ride other than "it's an experience". The older couple at the entrance were with us for quite awhile. They were very friendly and we chatted quite a bit. They are locals and have ridden RISE many times.

View attachment 645792View attachment 645794

I tried to get C to smile but she wouldn't. She felt like it would be disrespectful.
View attachment 645795

I was very pleasantly surprised and there were a lot of elements that I didn't expect. I just figured it was a walk through with some screens and transports from area to area. Which it kind of is but yet not. I'd ride again but not pay for an ILL.

We headed back to the room for a late break and I snapped this picture for @Longers. The Ice Cream Queen. Can anyone eat Disney Ice Cream and not think of Longers?

View attachment 645796

We have a late dinner reservation at Mama Melrose. I think this is one of C's favorites. We always seem to eat here when she is at Disney.
View attachment 645797View attachment 645799

Once in we got the best margarita on property, right TrolleyFollower91?

View attachment 645800

C got the Shrimp Campanelle minus Shrimp. I'm pretty sure this was her favorite dish of the trip.

View attachment 645801

I on the other hand wasn't that hungry and asked if I could order from the kids menu. I got the Chicken Parmesan. Um... look at all that food. The green beans and zucchini were delicious.

View attachment 645802
Did you check your bill for the cost of the "kids meal"? Disney Food Blog always says that if they allow you to order from the kids menu, you may get an adult sized portion of the kid's meal, and they'll charge you more for it. Perhaps that's what they did and that's why it's so much food? I don't remember J ever getting that much food in any of @riverside 's reports. @riverside , do you guys ever eat here?

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
That's because the wait times are made up.

This Is True Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Did you check your bill for the cost of the "kids meal"? Disney Food Blog always says that if they allow you to order from the kids menu, you may get an adult sized portion of the kid's meal, and they'll charge you more for it. Perhaps that's what they did and that's why it's so much food? I don't remember J ever getting that much food in any of @riverside 's reports. @riverside , do you guys ever eat here?
I checked prices and I think he did charge me for the kids menu price. With everything and a nice tip it still came out to $75.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom