Trip Report Magicians in everything I see

I think I read too many trip reports.

During our time at Disney everything I saw and felt reminded me of a lot of you. Some I know by name, some I remember by something I read in a report and thought of you even if I couldn't remember your name. It actually opened my eyes to things I didn't notice before.

This trip happened so fast, a quick recap for those that didn't read my pre trip report...

C just graduated college and planned a trip with a friend, friend had to back out so me, mom, went instead. C and friend all ready had their days planned and reservations made so I just did what I was told to do. It was actually nice not being the one doing all the planning

Meet C. She is a Disney lover, compassionate, singer extraordinaire, funny human being, animal lover. You can also read every emotion on her face, disgust, loathing, excitement, sadness.

Here she is in 2010

PICT0146.JPG

C just before our trip

CFDD85CA-8CDE-4434-AAE3-FE73E3E26F1F.jpeg

Our Disney trip started on Sunday May 15th - Saturday May 21st.
All Star Movies
No park hopper
Reservations at ll Muliano, Oga's, Mama Melrose, Skipper Canteen.

I don't take notes and will try to retell our story as I go through the pictures. So I better get started before I forget.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After traumatizing C on Figment we walked back to the Butterfly house. This is something I have seen in other reports that I always wanted to do. It was smaller than I thought it would be but still a nice addition to Flower and Garden.

IMG_7452.JPG

IMG_7453.JPG

IMG_7454.JPG

Look there is Tuvalu. I told C how much she likes the floating planters, C just shrugged her shoulders. :hilarious:

IMG_7455.JPG

Next it was time to go out to Sea. After Nemo we walked around the Seas and even went to Turtle Talk with Crush. It was very cute for the kids. They all got into it and were excited to be called on.

IMG_7456.JPG

IMG_7457.JPG

IMG_7458.JPG

IMG_7459.JPG

IMG_7460.JPG

IMG_7461.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It's only 10:30am (I checked my photos) and TT is still down so it's time to head to World Showcase. We make a quick stop at the East and West gift shops at the entrance of World Showcase for an high school acquaintance of C's. We actually spoke with her previously to try and line up a Guardian's rewind Cast Member ride preview with her but our days didn't line up with the CM previews. C is a big Marvel and Guardians fan and was very bummed. We couldn't find her and continued towards Mexico.

This is one of my favorites!

IMG_7462.JPG

and maybe I like these Coco ears better than the Pooh ears.

IMG_7463.JPG

IMG_7464.JPG

IMG_7466.JPG

After Three Caballeros it's finally time for some food! In Germany I tried the the Toasted Pretzel Bread, the first few bites I was very disappointed but then I was able to get cheese, bread and ham in one bite. It ended up being very good. A little on the cold side. C had the Potato Pancakes with house made apple sauce. C said it was surprisingly good and she would get it again.

IMG_7467.JPG

IMG_7468.JPG

While we were eating there was such loud noises coming from the bushes and trees. I even commented on how it can't be real. Yep it was real. It was these pretty white birds, cranes, storks?

IMG_7469.JPG

We walked through the stores in Germany. That has to be a fixture that DocDisney would like are my thoughts but I keep it to myself.

IMG_7471.JPG

IMG_7472.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7465.JPG
    IMG_7465.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 58

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It's noon and were headed to Italy. It's also very warm and we stop in the shops that I'm not sure I've never been in. To me Italy is very beautiful, I love the architecture.

IMG_7474.JPG

IMG_7475.JPG

IMG_7477.JPG

Um, has this ship always been there? Do I not look around when I'm powerwalking around Disney? I have got to slow down! I actually really tried to slow down.

IMG_7478.JPG

Voices of Liberty were in the middle of their set so we quietly entered to watch. Afterwards we walked around the Soul and Native American exhibits and waited for An American Adventure to start. I was really happy C wanted to watch this. She is from a younger generation that thinks many things need to change and older generations don't care and I think she forgets that good people have been making changes for the better for a long time. So this was a little history refresher. I'm pretty sure it wasn't her snoring.

IMG_7479.JPG

IMG_7480.JPG

IMG_7482.JPG

After C's nap, I mean history lesson we watched the Japan drummers and C got some Frushi. Light and refreshing says C. I'll believe her since the thought of rice mixed in my fruit doesn't seem appetizing.

IMG_7483.JPG

IMG_7484.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It's 1:20pm. It's very hot and honestly I'm starting to get a little tired. Next is something C had planned that I wouldn't have done since I've read a lot of reports talking about it. We paid for Remy's Adventure and our time slot had arrived. A little back story. We were up getting ready this morning and I tried to purchase the ILL's for us. The Genie system wouldn't let me and kept telling me to update my card, I tried Apple Pay and it wouldn't let me either. C went on and purchased the ILL"s. I don't know why it wouldn't let me everything was current and up to date. Anyway, C really liked Remy's and I also thought it was cute. Not pay extra for cute, not 45 minute wait cute, but cute.

IMG_7485.JPG

IMG_7487.JPG

We back tracked to Morocco to get the Mediterranean Flatbread. So good, both of us ranked it as one of our favorites. We found a "bench" in the shade and enjoyed our flatbread.

IMG_7489.JPG

Hidden Mickey!

IMG_7490.JPG

This light is for me! I love it.

IMG_7491.JPG

There is Riverside! I wish I had enough people to recreate a family photo.

IMG_7493.JPG

I'm not sure why but when i looked at this Topiary I thought of SheriffWoody. She had the best Halloween costume while being pregnant!

IMG_7494.JPG

It was time to cool off. I've never seen the Canada film so we went to go see if you would find Max @amjt660. Max, it was really hot in Canada and your show didn't start for 20 minutes. Plus C said I had to sit on the floor. Bye Max. We back tracked once again to France for the Beauty and the Beast sing along. It was actually quite cute and C sang very loud. She was in her element.

IMG_7495.JPG

IMG_7496.JPG

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
We're both getting tired and its now hot, blazing hot, we decided go through International Gateway and take a break by hopping on the skyliner and ride to HS and back. This is C's first time on the skyliners. For anyone worrying about the 90 degree heat and being in a metal box, just look at C's hair. It's that breezy in the skyliners. It was a nice break.

D049DCFA-9C15-419D-8451-25BA8F0A3428.jpeg

IMG_7497.JPG

Next we were on a mission to find the Violet Lemonade!! I feel like I've totally disappointed Darstarr. My first drink that isn't water and it's non-alcoholic. I heard her silent tsk tsk as I took my first sip. The thought of drinking alcohol and being so hot just wasn't appealing, maybe I should start trying beer. Everyone says it's refreshing on hot days. Back to the Violet Lemonade, C and I each got one. Everyone was correct, it was very, very good. One of C's favorite things at Food and Wine. We also tried the corn on the cob with garlic spread. It was okay. a little too much breading and not enough garlic for my taste, plus the corn was a little chewy.

IMG_7501.JPG

IMG_7503.JPG

TT has been open for awhile now and we ride Single rider, our wait was about 10 minutes at the most and we ended up riding together.

IMG_7504.JPG

We did some shopping in the old Mouse Gears. I don't wear Ears but I'm a mug person. I love Disney mugs. I wasn't planning on purchasing any but I found a mug! :inlove: It was so cure, good size, great handle (the most important). I was ready to buy!! But wait, what is this!!

IMG_7507.JPG

IMG_7508.JPG

IMG_7517.JPG

OH COME ON!! I'm not a Passholder 😢

And you can tell it's hot and humid by my hair, and today apparently the top looks like Hades.

Disney Hercules GIF by netflixlat

Time for another break. We haven't seen Awesome planet yet and it's in air conditioning and has theater seating. Yes Please! We both enjoyed the movie but it was a lot shorter than we thought it would be.

IMG_7518.JPG

Soarin was at a 25 minute wait so we rode for a second time. The wait was more of a walk on.

IMG_7519.JPG

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Mom is hungry and I wanted to try something on my list. We went over by Test Track area to Farmers Feast booth. I got the Grilled Vegetable Bruschetta. I was expecting it to be warm, it was cold but it was delicious!

IMG_7521.JPG

One of the few parts I like in Fantasia! Loved this topiary.

IMG_7523.JPG

We still haven't rode Frozen and haven't waited in much of a line for anything all day so even though the wait is 65 minutes we figured that at least we'd be standing in air conditioning. It's just before 7:00pm when we get in line.

IMG_7524.JPG

It's been at least 45 minutes and we still haven't rode Frozen, we still have a ways to go when LL people start pouring in. There is an announcement that our wait will be longer than expected. C and I decide were done. The boy in front of us is done too and is acting up. He helps us to make our decision. We did one more single rider line on Test Track and again walked right on and again rode together. We stopped by Sunshine Griddle and picked up the Corned Beef Brisket Hash for me and Avocado Toast for C. My hash was tasty as long as I didn't look at the poached egg while taking a bite. I love me some running yolks but slimy egg whites make me gag. C enjoyed her toast which I neglected to photograph.

IMG_7525.JPG

Its 8:45 and Harmonious is supposed to start in 15 minutes because we never took a substantial break today we are both very tired and I'm sure we smell. I don't want to deal with crowds and we are walking by, I'm so sorry Tuvalu but is this the Horizons building. I didn't start coming to Disney until 2006 and it's been pretty much empty every time we come. All I can think about is now I'm disappointing Tuvalu. There is an area with umbrella's and benches and just two family's there. So we find a bench to eat our food and wait.

IMG_7526.JPG

See this family leaving. That little girl on dad's shoulder was the sweetest girl. A few more family's came and found some seats. The girl was passing out all of her glow sticks to everyone. We all had bracelets or necklaces on by the time she passed them all out. Unfortunately she didn't like the loud fireworks and they left fairly quickly.

IMG_7527.JPG

IMG_7528.JPG

Our spot was nice for fireworks but not for the projections. I didn't mind at all.

IMG_7531.JPG

IMG_7537.JPG

IMG_7550.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
We started to head out before Harmonious ended to try and beat the crowds. We walked at a slower pace to just soak in the nighttime lights. I can't say enough how much I love the lights on Space ship Earth.

IMG_7551.JPG

IMG_7553.JPG

IMG_7554.JPG

As I do in all the parks when I'm leaving I have to look back. It was so picturesque I had to stopped and take a picture, C makes a comment about me taking so many pictures.

IMG_7555.JPG

Meet Daniel. As C makes her comment I say I love pictures and I'm old and can't help it. Daniel is on the spot and says, "OLD, I don't see anyone old here" I turn around and tell him he is my favorite CM and fumble to get my camera pulled back up on my phone to take his picture. As soon as I sit on the bus I pull up the Genie app and put in a Cast Member Compliment!

IMG_7556.JPG

Also while on the bus I check our steps for the day. Yikes. 27,000 steps and 12.5 miles in one park.

IMG_7557.JPG

My Epcot recap:

I'm whooped, C is whooped but it was a great day at Epcot. Would I take a break next time. Hell yes. I'll leave C to adventure by herself next time if she wants to stay all day.
The CM's we saw at Epcot were attentive, happy, polite.
Also very clean. We saw janitors every time we turned around and bathrooms seemed maintained.
Other visitors were mostly respectful. There were some that would stop in the middle of the walkway with their large group trying to decide what to do, also why do people talk on rides. I paid a lot of money to be here, just like everyone else. People, stop your story once you get on the ride so others can enjoy the ride without listen to you ramble about something they don't care about. ~rant over~
We missed Frozen, the Canada movie which I still haven't seen, and we didn't even step into China.
We purposefully missed Mission Space. Neither of us care much for it.
Harmonious - I liked the fireworks and would've loved to see the projections but I was too tired to care. Learn from me, go take a break. :)

Next is Animal Kingdom and a few more Magicians pop into my head.

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Next is Animal Kingdom and a few more Magicians pop into my head.
I’m sure one of them is not me. 🤣

The empty building you asked about is the Odyssey. It was formerly a restaurant (I’m talking decades ago) and has been used as special event space (for example, extra food/beverage stations for the festivals.) Horizons was completely demolished and Mission Space was built on that land.

You literally missed nothing by missing the Harmonious projections.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I’m sure one of them is not me. 🤣

The empty building you asked about is the Odyssey. It was formerly a restaurant (I’m talking decades ago) and has been used as special event space (for example, extra food/beverage stations for the festivals.) Horizons was completely demolished and Mission Space was built on that land.

You literally missed nothing by missing the Harmonious projections.
Although I do think of you often while we were at Animal Kingdom was not one of those days :hilarious:

Thank you for clearing that up. I know Horizons was very special to a lot of people, I just never experienced it and never really knew where it was. Now that I know I wish they would of replaced it with something enjoyable by the majority of people. Unless more people like mission space than I thought.

Since I didn't miss much with Harmonious I'd say we picked the perfect place to watch fireworks 🙂

slipperalwaysfits

I'm enjoying following your trip report! 12.5 miles sounds about right for Epcot--at least how DH and I EPCOT. I'm all for taking breaks mid-day but we never end up in the parks that early, anyway and just end up going all day. 🤩 I'm glad you are getting a mother-daughter trip.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
What a wonderful day at Epcot! I have to try that Violet Lemonade next year at F&G if they have it!
The hype is real. It was very good and refreshing. I highly recommend.

I'm enjoying following your trip report! 12.5 miles sounds about right for Epcot--at least how DH and I EPCOT. I'm all for taking breaks mid-day but we never end up in the parks that early, anyway and just end up going all day. 🤩 I'm glad you are getting a mother-daughter trip.
I'm a rope dropper so a mid day break always helps with those mood swings or getting too exhausted. This was a great day and really one of my best trips. But I'm thinking I say that after almost every trip. ;)

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Tuesday May 17th - ANIMAL KINGDOM DAY!

I love Animal Kingdom, I just do. It has the best music, the best show, two of the best rides, great bar, the atmosphere is amazing. I'm sorry to say there were no tuvalu sightings here. :( ;):hilarious:

Early morning hours had us getting up at 6:15 to get to the park by 7:30, but first..... C had planned on ILL for Flight of Passage. I tried again to purchase ILL's and again it wouldn't let me. It keep telling me to update my card. I look and everything is as it should be. C has secured our ILL's and we are off to the busses.

IMG_7558.JPG

Good morning Darstarr.

IMG_7559.JPG

I love this as much as seeing the Castle on Main St.

IMG_7560.JPG

Since we have ILL for Flight of Passage later we are in no rush and just soaking up the atmosphere. We do decide to go to Pandora to ride Navi. I do like this ride but it's not a ride I'd wait over 20 minutes in line for and we figured it would be busy later today.

I spy with my little eye.... so cool.

IMG_7561.JPG

We turn the corner by Tiffins and there is Themousefan!! I can't get to my camera fast enough, Sorry.

IMG_7562.JPG

IMG_7564.JPG

IMG_7565.JPG

IMG_7568.JPG

Um, what is this? Supposedly the best animatronic at Disney is MIA. Can someone tell me if she's just getting a refurb? It was just a screen and very disappointing.

IMG_7569.JPG

IMG_7571.JPG

It's still early but we are both very hungry, we head out of Pandora and head to the closest place we can agree on, Starbucks.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
As we're leaving Pandora @TheMouseFan is still there!! C is mortified that I'm taking a picture of someone without them knowing. What... His face is covered. Good to see you theMousefan! Go IOWA STATE!!!

IMG_7572.JPG

I'm not a Starbuck's fan, I don't do coffee and honestly their tea is horrible. But they do have a lemon cake that is delicious so I ordered that and tried some tea hoping it would be better than the last time I tried it. We strolled to Kilimanjaro Safari.

IMG_7573.JPG

IMG_7574.JPG

It was just 8:00, I thought there is no way it would really be 45 minutes. It wasn't but there was defiantly a wait. Maybe 25 minutes.

IMG_7575.JPG

It was at this time that I had to go to the restroom. My thoughts... I can hold it and I shouldn't have drank that horrible tea.

IMG_7576.JPG

As we're loading onto our truck I'm thinking maybe I should've left the line to use the restroom. But I still have to take photos. The animals are out and active. The bumps in the road aren't helping.

IMG_7577.JPG

IMG_7579.JPG

IMG_7580.JPG

The truck in front of us stops for an animal. I'm in the sun, it's hot, I have never had to go so bad. I'm starting to sweat and I'm not sure if it's from the heat and I swear my legs go numb. I may leave quite the puddle and embarrass myself in front of a truck full of people I don't know. We are moving.. Then this giraffe starts to walk in front of our truck. Then decides this is the time to show his dominance and let us know he's in charge by standing in the road what seems like 10 minutes.

IMG_7581.JPG

IMG_7583.JPG

We finally are moving and I'm thinking I'll make it when I realize we haven't even passed the Lions yet. Why is this ride soooo long!! I can't even take pictures anymore. C is looking on her phone where the nearest bathroom is when we get off. She tells me to run and she'll catch up. I'm off and running. I get to the bathroom in Harambe and there is a line!! I want you all to know I made it but I don't think I was ever so scared. Learn from me go to the bathroom before the safari. When looking at my photo timeline it was an hour long agonizing experience from entering the safari line to relief. :hilarious:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom