MagicBands WILL become a thing...

openendedsky

That is unnecessarily argumentative, and you are also misrepresenting what @lazyboy97o is talking about. He never said MagicBands were inconvenient; he's merely offering an opinion that something touted as a benefit isn't really much of a benefit in the first place.
Actually, it's more so that @lazyboy97o is imposing his opinion on @Tigger1988

When possible, yes. I try to keep everything that I need in a lanyard, but if I'm wearing a dress, I'd rather not hold my keys in my hand or something like that. And when it's that time of the month, yeah. I'm bringing a purse. I don't usually even keep a lot of things in my purse at any given time, but it is a pain sometimes to have to go through your purse, open your wallet, get your card out, and then put everything back. Yes, to some degree it is a personal decision, but unless you suddenly have a necessity for a purse, then people shouldn't impose their perception or opinion.

openendedsky

They have never asked for my wife's ID. She is missing her right forefinger and she uses her right middle finger (start the jokes folks...:D) when she uses the biometrics. Sometimes it just doesn't work for her and they just wave her in. That's it. No ID check, ever.
From my understanding it doesn't matter which finger you use. When I first got my AP I used my thumb because my biometrics didn't register under my index for some reason, and used my thumb for the first few re entries until I was told otherwise. They can get the same measurements, it's not a fingerprint scan.

G00fyDad

Reading some of these posts, I can see some people getting a Magic Band just so they can NOT wear it and take it out to forcefully slap it at the ball to scan it (with a dirty look on their face) as if saying "I hate your bracelet idea!". LOL

I wonder when Disney is going to roll out their next idea that people can hate on?

G00fyDad

From my understanding it doesn't matter which finger you use. When I first got my AP I used my thumb because my biometrics didn't register under my index for some reason, and used my thumb for the first few re entries until I was told otherwise. They can get the same measurements, it's not a fingerprint scan.

Oh I know it is not a finger print scan. :D Its biometrics (size, shape, etc...) but for some reason she has trouble with that stupid thing every time. :confused:

G00fyDad

No, it's called having a discussion....And, I might add, what is stopping you from taking out your ticket ahead of time while you wait in line to reach the turnstile?

This conversation has become kind of ridiculous, so this is the last time I'm going to address this topic.

Thanks. ;)

openendedsky

No, it's called having a discussion....And, I might add, what is stopping you from taking out your ticket ahead of time while you wait in line to reach the turnstile?

This conversation has become kind of ridiculous, so this is the last time I'm going to address this topic.

:rolleyes: 1. You're assuming that I don't get my ticket out ahead of time. 2. I wear a lanyard most of the time, but sometimes I do have to carry a purse. 3. Once again, unless you have to carry a purse yourself, I don't understand how you can judge somebody else on their own doings. If you want to get the band, cool. If you don't, cool. I thought you wanted a discussion, here.

Oh I know it is not a finger print scan. :D Its biometrics (size, shape, etc...) but for some reason she has trouble with that stupid thing every time. :confused:
Well that's no good

Tigger1988

When possible, yes. I try to keep everything that I need in a lanyard, but if I'm wearing a dress, I'd rather not hold my keys in my hand or something like that. And when it's that time of the month, yeah. I'm bringing a purse. I don't usually even keep a lot of things in my purse at any given time, but it is a pain sometimes to have to go through your purse, open your wallet, get your card out, and then put everything back. Yes, to some degree it is a personal decision, but unless you suddenly have a necessity for a purse, then people shouldn't impose their perception or opinion.
Exactly. People do what is most convenient for them. For you that's a lanyard for me it's keeping my wallet in my camera bag. Not having to deal with any of that will be great, I just hope all the kinks are worked out before my trip in Nov!

OFTeric

Really?? Really??? LOL Not another one.... Let me see if I can say this more plainly since it has been said over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. Disney will only have an identifier on these. The thief will have to hack Disney to get your personal info. The chances of the thief getting your identifier from the band, then hacking Disney, who is behind many, many firewalls, is about a gazillion to one chance.

You are signing away your privacy TO Disney. And personally I don't trust them as a multinational corporation.

lazyboy97o

I'm not imposing anything. I'm not suggesting a ban on purses. I'm pointing out that where cards or Bands are kept is a personal choice. If you're using a lanyard, then the RFID card offers much of the same conveniences as the Band, as you could tap the lanyard without removing the card. And you don't have to deal with the larger physical size if you are one who could become annoyed with wearing the Band.

G00fyDad

You are signing away your privacy TO Disney. And personally I don't trust them as a multinational corporation.

How? How am I signing away my privacy??

Oh, and how do you pay for your trips? Do you walk in to Disney with a briefcase full of money? Or do you do what every other sane person does and pay for it with a credit or debit card? If so then you are giving even more privacy away like that then by using a magic band. :rolleyes:

openendedsky

I'm not imposing anything. I'm not suggesting a ban on purses. I'm pointing out that where cards or Bands are kept is a personal choice. If you're using a lanyard, then the RFID card offers much of the same conveniences as the Band, as you could tap the lanyard without removing the card. And you don't have to deal with the larger physical size if you are one who could become annoyed with wearing the Band.

A choice that might fluctuate depending on what a person has to bring into the park that day.

BoarderPhreak

Yeah, offering a choice of card/band is cool. Options are always good and would solve most of the angst in this thread. And honestly, the RFID stuff would work even if they're in your pocket. 1' in either direction won't make any difference.

openendedsky

Honestly, I'd probably go for the magicband more if I actually vacationed at Disney, but seeing as I'm there on average every 7-10 days, there's no real point for the magic band for me other than park entry. Even if they connected my debit card to it, and say I went to a water park, I'd still have to get a locker for my keys or something. It just wouldn't be practical for me since I wouldn't be able to take a bus or a monorail back to my "room".

luv

Honestly, I'd probably go for the magicband more if I actually vacationed at Disney, but seeing as I'm there on average every 7-10 days, there's no real point for the magic band for me other than park entry. Even if they connected my debit card to it, and say I went to a water park, I'd still have to get a locker for my keys or something. It just wouldn't be practical for me since I wouldn't be able to take a bus or a monorail back to my "room".
Exactly. They won't be tying my credit card to it. It will only be a park ticket and (possibly) used for FPs. No room, no using it to buy things, none of that.

All it becomes is a bigger thing to put in my purse or pocket.

What about parking? They're not going to hook these up to parking, are they? So we'd have to show our pass for parking, right?

I'm thinking the CM doing the magic band thing had to be wrong and they won't make us switch to these wristbands.

lazyboy97o

A choice that might fluctuate depending on what a person has to bring into the park that day.
Right, so the benefit is not inherent to one or the other. One does not have to wear the MagicBand just as there is no requirement that cards be kept in a bag. So the inconvenience of a card in a bag is not due to the card.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom