MagicBands WILL become a thing...

puntagordabob

Having lived in Florida for several years, I would have never wanted to wear an inch wide or so rubber band on my arm while it's 95 degrees outside. As a visitor, I certainly don't want to wear a rubber band sweat machine. No thanks.

Yeah was thinking the same thing.... the magicbands look nice... but why not have them in bands and necklaces......much more likely to wear it as a necklace if it were packaged as one.

openendedsky

Right, so the benefit is not inherent to one or the other. One does not have to wear the MagicBand just as there is no requirement that cards be kept in a bag. So the inconvenience of a card in a bag is not due to the card.
Yes, but if somebody needs to carry that bag for other reasons, a magic band may benefit person A much more than person B. If a person is going to have to carry a bag anyways, then why wouldn't they put it in the bag? The magic band would eliminate having to go through the bag, but for somebody like me, I wouldn't opt for the magic band anyways since it would have minimal benefits to me either way.

G00fyDad

I see modifications by the guests coming. :D Bands cut down and sewn into smaller keychains, pendants, etc... Maybe Disney will realize how shortsighted the bands are and offer more options.

Tim_4

I see modifications by the guests coming. :D Bands cut down and sewn into smaller keychains, pendants, etc... Maybe Disney will realize how shortsighted the bands are and offer more options.
Hasn't this been announced? The bands are customizable. Think Jibbitz.

ToTBellHop

Disney will next proceed with doing "The Hunger Games" injectable tracker thing. Rope Drop already resembles the blood bath scene from the movie. Brazilian tour groups will be designated as "Tributes from Zone 13".
Is Toy Story Mania the Cornucopia?

I have been thinking that Fastpass+ may actually improve our Brazilian tour group problem a bit--they shouldn't be able to get 50 FPs at once for their entire group any more, I would think. There is nothing worse than getting in line for a FP and realizing the guy in front of you is a tour group leader with no fewer than 50 park passes to scan...and then knowing you'll get to have your wait sky-rocket when you get in the Return line a couple hours later behind 50 obnoxious teenagers pretending they don't speak English and therefore can do whatever they want.

Sue_Vongello

Here's what I'm not sure about and maybe someone can enlighten me ...

We know some experiences will only be available to those who opt in to MM+, right?

The plan as I understand it is too eradicate FP and make it available to only those who opt in to MM+?

The Magic Band is your "key" to MM+ ... if you decide against the band and go with cards is that akin to opting out? Basically if you go with the cards does that eliminate you from things such as FP, M&Gs, etc...?

G00fyDad

We know some experiences will only be available to those who opt in to MM+, right?

The plan as I understand it is too eradicate FP and make it available to only those who opt in to MM+?

The Magic Band is your "key" to MM+ ... if you decide against the band and go with cards is that akin to opting out? Basically if you go with the cards does that eliminate you from things such as FP, M&Gs, etc...?

No. The KttW card will function almost the same as the MB. FP's will still be able to be obtained/used with the card regardless of FP or FP+

openendedsky

FP, I don't think so, M&Gs, who knows.

Tim_4

Yes, but I mean other designs instead of bracelets. What you're referring to are those gaudy add-ons to the bracelet.
Gaudy for you. Or for me. Wrist candy for 9-year-old princesses.

I don't know if any plans for a necklace but it wouldn't surprise me honestly.

ToTBellHop

Why wouldn't the card still be able to be used? You get your FP+'s then go to the attraction and scan your card. Simple.
I think the problem that will develop is that there won't be Fastpass kiosks any more. Presumably the cards would be RFID-imbedded, too? You are certainly opting out of pre-reserving FP if you don't agree to the bands and will be left with the scraps day-of. But, there will still be perceived value for the newbie who's able to get a "coveted" FP for an E-Ticket like Spaceship Earth or Pirates...
Gaudy for you. Or for me. Wrist candy for 9-year-old princesses.

I don't know if any plans for a necklace but it wouldn't surprise me honestly.
Nobody seemed to complain about questionable fashion choices when they mandated wristbands for Evening Extra Magic Hours...it seems like people just want something to complain about. To me, the only thing about nextgen worth complaining about is its cost and what that cost kept us from receiving.

Beholder

Since the band is just a medium for carrying the tech, then perhaps Disney will eventually create various "types" of devices. Something like that might actually catch on, necklaces, lanyards, perhaps even configured into various toys for children could be an extra incentive for choosing this option. I'm just throwing stuff out there. I'm not particular either way. I'll have to see and maybe try it out for myself once I'm able to get back down there.

Sue_Vongello

Why wouldn't the card still be able to be used? You get your FP+'s then go to the attraction and scan your card. Simple.

See that's why I was asking ... because we aren't sure yet, are we? I mean we have so little information about this ... and to me, everything they have done all along the way with this gives us the illusion of choice but really there is no choice ... example: if you want the full experience you have to opt in ...

But if the cards work with same benefits and functionality too then great, we have two options.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom