MagicBands WILL become a thing...

G00fyDad

Oh, they do. If your card stops working or if their machine isn't reading your fingerprint, they ask for ID.

And if we are already having to carry one card, what is one more? Why the need for a wristband?

If people want wristbands - like the poster who doesn't want to dig through her purse - that's great. Wristband away. If we don't, I think a card should be available.

It is.

luv

They have never asked for my wife's ID. She is missing her right forefinger and she uses her right middle finger (start the jokes folks...:D) when she uses the biometrics. Sometimes it just doesn't work for her and they just wave her in. That's it. No ID check, ever.
Well, they ask me. Every time it doesn't work, they ask me for ID. It's the whole reason I bring my driver's license in with me.

And for anyone thinking, "They don't ask for ID? So I can buy used tickets and they'll just wave me in?!" Don't count on it. Goofydad's wife is the exception, NOT the rule. Most people will be asked for ID.

BoarderPhreak

If you don't want the Disney Spooks spying on you, use the MB to get into the park and then stuff it into one of those anti-static bags and put it in your backpack/purse/murse/whatever. Problem solved. ;)

They're no different than an EZ-Pass in that regard.

G00fyDad

Well, they ask me. Every time it doesn't work, they ask me for ID. It's the whole reason I bring my driver's license in with me.

And for anyone thinking, "They don't ask for ID? So I can buy used tickets and they'll just wave me in?!" Don't count on it. Goofydad's wife is the exception, NOT the rule. Most people will be asked for ID.

Oh, sorry. I didn't mean that to sound like they never ask. I am just saying they don't always ask everyone. :D Yes, always bring ID at all times.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I always have photo ID because they're supposed to ask every time I enter the parks. I have the biometrics "turned off" on my Premier Pass because I don't have fingers [long story, toes on one hand that give me basic grip, but don't work with their scanners]. I've only been asked once in over 35 trips/multiple park entries per trip.

I suspect they won't be switching me to a Magic Band any time soon, DL would have to have them too.

ratherbeinwdw

I hope they make a point of telling everyone that you need to keep the band or the card at least 9 inches away from your chest if you have a pacemaker or other device. On the Disney site it even tells people to be cautious and stay 9 inches away from your resort door rf reader.

openendedsky

Ha, I'm good like that.

But really, I have never tied my wallet to myself, or sewed my pocket shut to hold in change, I just never think of having a few things in my pocket as a risk.

Even if I accept that there is some risk involved in keeping KTTW cards in my pocket, I refuse to accept that wearing a bracelet is a better solution.
I just keep all of my cards in my lanyard, and keys in my pocket (if I'm not wearing a dress. if so, I graciously ask my boyfriend to keep them for me.)

I never liked wearing bracelets or watches, though, and am happy that I can just use the RFID card.

lazyboy97o

Respectfully, there are any number of people who won't consider the Magic Band "inconvenient" and there's no "inflicting" involved. Just because you don't like it, don't "inflict" your arrogant attitude on others. :rolleyes:
Huh? I am talking about the comment that the MagicBand removes the hassle of getting the existing admission media out of a wallet kept in a bag. Keeping the cards in such a place is a purely personal choice.

openendedsky

Respectfully, there are any number of people who won't consider the Magic Band "inconvenient" and there's no "inflicting" involved. Just because you don't like it, don't "inflict" your arrogant attitude on others. :rolleyes:
This. Though I don't care for the magic bands myself, I can see how they would be helpful for other people and it's common sense to respect others' right to choose.

lazyboy97o

Women typically don't carry wallets in their pocket and where I keep my wallet is really not your concern. My inconvenience will be solved with the MagicBand.
I really don't care where you keep items, but its still your choice to be inconvenienced or not. Just as some people want the benefits of the band but are saying they will keep it elsewhere. It's a benefit that is not truly inherent to the MagicBand.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
What you originally replied to:

The convenience of not having to dig through my bag for my wallet before going through the turnstile is enough for me.

Huh? I am talking about the comment that the MagicBand removes the hassle of getting the existing admission media out of a wallet kept in a bag. Keeping the cards in such a place is a purely personal choice.
Her comment was that MB was convenient for her. You decided to argue back a number of times...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom