MagicBands WILL become a thing...

Furiated

This is the new vinylmation. They are going to customize them certainly and people are going to go crazy collecting different ones. Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars, Resorts, Black, Holidays....gotta have one for each outfit! Honestly I'd probably buy several.

If the MagicBand is supposed to be your ticket/AP, can you even HAVE several? How would that work?

luv

Now I wont wear the bands but not because of any silly paranoia about beings tracked. If Big Mickey wants to know where I am at all times go for it. I don't want to wear it simply because I hate watches or anything on my wrist. But I will say the band will be great at Typhoon Lagoon. Good call.
It's a valid reason!

I think they're a nice idea for water parks, but I don't always want my motion restricted underwater. Sometimes I do! But usually not. Water slides, though, no big whup.
If the MagicBand is supposed to be your ticket/AP, can you even HAVE several? How would that work?
According to the CMs staffing the Odyssey, you'll be able to have as many as you want. They didn't know how much they'd be charging for them, though.

nwmrt

Does anyone know if the bands will be available in Pop Century Resort at the end of June as that is when we arrive and my daughter would like one.:)

luv

Does anyone know if the bands will be available in Pop Century Resort at the end of June as that is when we arrive and my daughter would like one.:)
No, nobody knows. If Disney knows, they aren't saying.

When (if) it becomes a thing, it will be all over the board and you won't be able to miss it, I'm sure.

disneyeater

So, when everything is finally announced, does that mean that there will 60 days before they are in use? Meaning, if they get announced May 1st, FP+ reservations will only be available for June 30th and onward?

Or, once the word is out, is it general pandemonium for people trying to book their FP+ right away?

This is the big question for those of us going in fall 2013 when I keep hearing this will be rolled out. I am pretty good at being one of those 180 day guys, but I don't want to miss out on FP+ because they made the announcement at 1:30 some random Tuesday 28 days before my trip and I didn't hear about it or jump online until 4:45.

openendedsky

It's everything - lockers, photopass, turnstiles, payments. Magic Bands will make the whole water park experience much better.
Okay that's awesome. I was thinking earlier that as an annual passholder not staying on property that the magic band wouldn't really do much good at the waterparks, but could understand if staying on property. But if they're making that a feature then that's sweet. Do you know if the cards will have the same features?

openendedsky

I don't even know what to say to this.
This is the same guy who acts like he's better than others who shop at Walmart, if that puts it in perspective.

I know! $50 for a plastic wristband that has a fixed end-of-life (i.e. it has a battery in it that WILL die at some point).

I would pay exactly $0 for one.
Unless there are features on it that I can't already use with my RFID, I won't get one for any price.

ToTBellHop

I know! $50 for a plastic wristband that has a fixed end-of-life (i.e. it has a battery in it that WILL die at some point).

I would pay exactly $0 for one.
The question is, "what will Disney charge you for one?" Regardless of your personal views, the cost will obviously be wrapped into all vacation packages (like the "complimentary" Magical Express). I wonder what Disney thinks it's worth?

Vader2112

It's everything - lockers, photopass, turnstiles, payments. Magic Bands will make the whole water park experience much better.
I was speaking with someone in IT at WDW the other day trying to get my new RFID enabled AP associated with my Disney account.Just for fun I asked her do you forsee similar issues once Magic Band is released in terms of setting it up with My Disney Experience. Her comment was basically yes but wait until you see what it can do and change the park.

ToTBellHop

I was speaking with someone in IT at WDW the other day trying to get my new RFID enabled AP associated with my Disney account.Just for fun I asked her do you forsee similar issues once Magic Band is released in terms of setting it up with My Disney Experience. Her comment was basically yes but wait until you see what it can do and change the park.
Can it pay my taxes and automatically order Pampers for my sons? Now, that would be Magical.

Vader2112

Can it pay my taxes and automatically order Pampers for my sons? Now, that would be Magical.
LOL..I wish it could change my sons! That would be mor than magical more like miracle. I guess my point was it is not going to just gain you entry to the park or pay for things in shops. However, depends on the cost of the thing vs it's true convenience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom