MagicBands WILL become a thing...

GrumpyFan

The FCC pictures already showed that - and the terms of service cover it too. This isn't a blocker for Disney - this is the bigger picture moves. About tightening things up, getting teeth in the enforcement, changing some of the requirements to err to their favor, etc.

I had to go back and look at the pictures, but you're right.
Makes me wonder why the delay then?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I had to go back and look at the pictures, but you're right.
Makes me wonder why the delay then?

probably all the internal difficulties in getting the system complete and business ready. People want to keep hanging all these influences as the problems. It seems to me simply that the product isn't ready.. and even when it is ready.. they KNOW they will have tons of learning to do once its live and be able to adapt.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
every time you cycle things in your pockets... you risk dropping something
you can have more than one thing in your pocket...
etc

You're asking why 'doing something' is harder than 'doing nothing' - well I think the answer is obvious. One requires getting things out of your pocket or equivalent.. the other does not.
and of course the Magic Band becomes a big bonus at the water parks.

Gracy_hm

The delay is coming from Disney awaiting a change in Florida Law that ensure previous established laws specifically concerning transfer and counterfeiting paper tickets are preserved. The requested change will ensure that tickets in any form ie. MagicBands will be covered under Florida Law. Once the change passes these will roll out....I think

Tom

Beta Return
If it means I will continue to be able to use the perks that I've become used to, I will use a Magic Band. I'm not afraid of them tracking me, so there's no paranoia involved.

However, I don't like wearing "accessories". I haven't worn a watch since middle school, and I don't even like having a cell phone attached to me. So it is with 100% certainty that I will not be wearing a Magic Band. It will either go in my pocket, hook on my belt loop, or find its way to the bottom of my wife's purse.

RAXIP

The delay is coming from Disney awaiting a change in Florida Law that ensure previous established laws specifically concerning transfer and counterfeiting paper tickets are preserved. The requested change will ensure that tickets in any form ie. MagicBands will be covered under Florida Law. Once the change passes these will roll out....I think
Well, if that was the problem, it's not any more. http://thesent.nl/14S0psk

darthhaider

So, when everything is finally announced, does that mean that there will 60 days before they are in use? Meaning, if they get announced May 1st, FP+ reservations will only be available for June 30th and onward?

Or, once the word is out, is it general pandemonium for people trying to book their FP+ right away?

EvilQueen-T

my biggest issue with one is i always wear a watch and am not really comfortable wearing it on the other arm and don't see myself wearing a watch and a band on the same arm. will see what happens. i guess like everything else i'll just have to get use to it.

Prince-1

every time you cycle things in your pockets... you risk dropping something
you can have more than one thing in your pocket...
etc

You're asking why 'doing something' is harder than 'doing nothing' - well I think the answer is obvious. One requires getting things out of your pocket or equivalent.. the other does not.

Yeah I get that but some people make it seem like the card is some impossibly difficult thing to use. Its not and while it is easier to use the band, the amount of effort using the card is negligible. Sorry, going to stick with my card as long as possible.

Mickey2minnie1

I would like to know when the roll ou will be too. We will be in the World June 21 and I just got all my dining done. How do I go about coordinating FP??

luv

I would like to know when the roll ou will be too. We will be in the World June 21 and I just got all my dining done. How do I go about coordinating FP??
Nobody knows yet. If Disney knows, they aren't saying. As of now, everything remains the same.

When (if) it becomes a thing, it will be on the home page, discussed here and in the parks section, I'm sure.

sublimesting

Some people indicate the the MagicBand will suck (excuse the language) and that they will pass the offer to have such a device. But will they really when it looks as tempting as this? The picture explains all...
8575761903_c59fcb6793_b.jpg

This is the new vinylmation. They are going to customize them certainly and people are going to go crazy collecting different ones. Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars, Resorts, Black, Holidays....gotta have one for each outfit! Honestly I'd probably buy several.

Prince-1

and of course the Magic Band becomes a big bonus at the water parks.

Now I wont wear the bands but not because of any silly paranoia about beings tracked. If Big Mickey wants to know where I am at all times go for it. I don't want to wear it simply because I hate watches or anything on my wrist. But I will say the band will be great at Typhoon Lagoon. Good call.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom