MagicBands WILL become a thing...

Nemo14

disney-magic-band-2.jpg

Just saw this pic online. Not sure if i'ts genuine but aren't these cute?

for a 5 year-old little girl maybe....

ThemeParks4Life

I know that Disney costs as much, but it has to do with cost too. There really isn;t anything at Uni that interests us enough to pay $400+ for a single day.

I can see where you're going with paying $400+. I don't think it's worth paying $90 to get into 1 Universal park since most, again, most of the shows suck and I can get the rides done pretty fast. Same applies to DHS and AK (and to an extent Epcot). I do have a Power Pass to Universal because I love the place and the APs are cheap, but you should check the parks out at least once.

G00fyDad

I can see where you're going with paying $400+. I don't think it's worth paying $90 to get into 1 Universal park since most, again, most of the shows suck and I can get the rides done pretty fast. Same applies to DHS and AK (and to an extent Epcot). I do have a Power Pass to Universal because I love the place and the APs are cheap, but you should check the parks out at least once.

I'll have to think about it, but I can say for certain that it will not happen on this upcoming trip in October. Our daughter is starting college and she cannot take a break so soon after starting classes so she will not be able to go with us (for the first time) and I will not attempt Uni without her.

ThemeParks4Life

I'll have to think about it, but I can say for certain that it will not happen on this upcoming trip in October. Our daughter is starting college and she cannot take a break so soon after starting classes so she will not be able to go with us (for the first time) and I will not attempt Uni without her.

Hey, maybe the next time you go Potter 2.0 will open by then. Gringotts is hyped to be the most technological advanced ride ever built.

UofMGuy423

Uh...

FP machines will be going away.

See, THIS is what I'm talking about. People aren't educated on the system or changes, but are certain they're going to love it.

Didn't say I would "love" it, just saying that my kids would enjoy the wristbands and I would appreciate the convenience of not having to collect KTTW cards.

With that being said, if the FP kiosks are going the way of the dodo, how are non-magic band guests supposed to get fastpasses? Not everyone is going to participate in this. (I apologize if this has been discussed earlier, but I don't have time to read the prior 26 pages of this thread).

flynnibus

Premium Member
Listen Richard, why do you care if people carry backpacks? How does it affect your vacation? Why would someone deny themselves and their children a vacation to Disney World just because they need to trim the extra expenses by bringing food or water?

Well for one thing.. if everyone were to take advantage of Disney's leeway in this area.. it may end up being taken away from everyone (outside food). Second - people taking up tables at restaurants without being patrons of said place are impacting those who are buying from the location. Third - the bulk people bring into the park does impact others.. from the extra congestion as they take more time to park/unload all their stuff.. their extra bulk in lines and people's in ability to control where their backpacks are.. and the extra time it takes to load/unload attractions with all that extra stuff.

I'm not saying you fail at these things - but these are areas where people bringing more bulk into the park DO have the potential to impact others.. and notably those relying on their own food to avoid paying Disney ultimately has an impact on everyone when it becomes the norm instead of the exception.

djlaosc

Didn't say I would "love" it, just saying that my kids would enjoy the wristbands and I would appreciate the convenience of not having to collect KTTW cards.

With that being said, if the FP kiosks are going the way of the dodo, how are non-magic band guests supposed to get fastpasses? Not everyone is going to participate in this. (I apologize if this has been discussed earlier, but I don't have time to read the prior 26 pages of this thread).

RFID Card people will get Fastpass+ exactly the same way as MagicBand people will. You'll just tap your card against the Mickey Mouse Head instead of your MagicBand.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Eventually I probably will do Uni. Maybe once people stop slapping at Disney because of HP. Keep in mind, I am a huge HP fan, but the bashing gets really annoying after a while. And yes, I know that is mostly Disney's fault, well, all their fault, but the talk gets to me sometimes.

I suppose if I put a little more thought into my reason for not doing Uni is that they just cost a ton to go to a park where my wife will not have a good time. When I say that I mean that she is a person that does not like the major thrill rides and that seems to me (and I may be wrong) to be what Uni is about.

My wife and I are not big thrill ride people. The most intense roller coaster I will go on it Big Thunder (and even that is pushing my tolerance), I won't ride Tower of Terror, I won't even go on Splash because of the drop. Despite all of this I had a fantastic time at Universal and after two and half days there were still things that I didn't get to see. There are definitely higher thrill attractions at Universal then at Disney, but there is more to Uni then just thrill rides.

Buried20KLeague

Hey, maybe the next time you go Potter 2.0 will open by then. Gringotts is hyped to be the most technological advanced ride ever built.

... Which would give Uni Orlando the top four technological attractions in the states. 5 if the Hogwarts Express is as good as @whylightbulb suggests it will be.

Bet you never thought any of us could ever say THAT.

djlaosc

... Which would give Uni Orlando the top four technological attractions in the states.

Bet you never thought any of us could ever say THAT.

Could be 5 if you count Spiderman/Transformers as 2 different attractions (and you think Hogwarts Express is technological enough)

The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Transformers: The Ride
Gringotts
Hogwarts Express

Buried20KLeague

Could be 5 if you count Spiderman/Transformers as 2 different attractions (and you think Hogwarts Express is technological enough)

The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Transformers: The Ride
Gringotts
Hogwarts Express

Ah! You ninja'd me. :). I was editing my post to include Hogwarts when you were replying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom