MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Jordan dby

That's a pretty good pen sketch for one done right there in the park but you think they'd give her some sort of larger, printed drawing or even 3d computer animation or castle blueprints to work with

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
That's a pretty good pen sketch for one done right there in the park but you think they'd give her some sort of larger, printed drawing or even 3d computer animation or castle blueprints to work with
I'm pretty sure they will be given access to the virtual blueprints if they're part of the team developing a new nighttime show (if DLP is planning one). The sketchbook they're holding up for the photo could very well be their personal one. After all, we do have the most photogenic castle 😉

Last edited:

cjkeating

Ana Beltrán, one of the lead animators for Disney Enchantment and the Main Street projections for Happily Ever After, is in DLP at the moment. Is a new nighttime show expected soon? Maybe for Disney100 in September?

I could be completely wrong but this feels too late for Disney 100 (assuming this is her starting the work and I would expect DLP would do a D100 tag in house) but a good lead time for a Dreams replacement. 4 years is a long time for it to align with DLP35 so maybe it will come sooner with the 30th being missed. A 1-2 year lead time for a ground up castle show is the norm I think.

jrhwdw

I could be completely wrong but this feels too late for Disney 100 (assuming this is her starting the work and I would expect DLP would do a D100 tag in house) but a good lead time for a Dreams replacement. 4 years is a long time for it to align with DLP35 so maybe it will come sooner with the 30th being missed. A 1-2 year lead time for a ground up castle show is the norm I think.
No Clue/Info here but, isn't DLP planning on Disney 100 for Oct?? Also, no confirmation(that I've seen) that Dreams will still play after the 30th or even Dreams Of Christmas this year..........

Kevin_W

Here's a video of Disney D-Light from a better view:

The new laser appearance of Tinker Bell and the mixed-media pixie dust (projection to drones) during the "Dancin' A Catchy Rhythm" section are welcome additions. I think this is as close as we can get to a Tinker Bell Flight over the castle now.

I finally got a chance to watch this video (the drones didn't fly due to weather when we were in DLP). That's really well done, and a nice quality video. (Seriously people, put your phones down and enjoy the show. There are videos like this that are better than anything you can will shoot.)

cjkeating

No Clue/Info here but, isn't DLP planning on Disney 100 for Oct?? Also, no confirmation(that I've seen) that Dreams will still play after the 30th or even Dreams Of Christmas this year..........
They are celebrating on October 16th... unless it was a preview of a new show (as Dreams is scheduled until the day the Christmas season starts) they won't have a WDI produced show for one day.

My expectations are Dreams gets a pre-show featuring every Disney animated movie or something like that.

Trekkie101

Could be - or they’ll maybe do Wishes again, similar to NYE. They have about 5 events a year where they’re allowed real firework bangs.

It was definitely improved a lot since its last run - to the point many of us questioned how much had been spent making it that good.

mrflo

"Starting May 25, Cable Car Bake Shop will offer Disneyland® Paris guests a new and unique culinary experience based on the Kiri brand. Already a source of inspiration for pastry masters around the world, Kiri will be offered for the first time Europe as part of exclusive sweet and savory recipes, allowing guests to discover new flavors. Young and old alike can satisfy their sweet tooth thanks to Kiri®, by tasting the Cable Car Carrot Cake, the Lombards St. Cupcake, the Golden Gate Cheesecake, and the Presidio Muffin or the Tartelette Éclair, in an authentic and immersive setting themed in the brand’s colors."

Source: Cable Car Bake Shop will offer Disneyland® Paris guests a new and unique culinary experience based on the Kiri brand
42V7npeU7l0rzhvwbvkpDkcYIEB0o3kKSt1Y79EGNBB4XLFXURYfeK3Eo3wBHeKE.jpg

cjkeating

"Starting May 25, Cable Car Bake Shop will offer Disneyland® Paris guests a new and unique culinary experience based on the Kiri brand. Already a source of inspiration for pastry masters around the world, Kiri will be offered for the first time Europe as part of exclusive sweet and savory recipes, allowing guests to discover new flavors. Young and old alike can satisfy their sweet tooth thanks to Kiri®, by tasting the Cable Car Carrot Cake, the Lombards St. Cupcake, the Golden Gate Cheesecake, and the Presidio Muffin or the Tartelette Éclair, in an authentic and immersive setting themed in the brand’s colors."

Source: Cable Car Bake Shop will offer Disneyland® Paris guests a new and unique culinary experience based on the Kiri brand
42V7npeU7l0rzhvwbvkpDkcYIEB0o3kKSt1Y79EGNBB4XLFXURYfeK3Eo3wBHeKE.jpg
Looks like some decent new options, in post COVID times Cable Car had become a poor relation to Market House so it’s certainly an upgrade in that regard.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom