MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

cjkeating

Does anyone have any insight if/when the new annual pass system will be launched? I luckily received a renewal code just before they stopped sales, but my brother wasn't so lucky :/
Historically Annual Pass changes take place in March/April and September/October so past precedent would say around then.

LondonTom

I missed having IASW so much on my March trip!! But the updates all look fantastic, and I didn't realise what bad shape and how much it needed the downtime!

cjkeating

I missed having IASW so much on my March trip!! But the updates all look fantastic, and I didn't realise what bad shape and how much it needed the downtime!
To be honest I don't think IASW was in bad shape before it went down, its previous major refurbishment took care of nearly all show issues with the exception of anything that moves on the ceiling which have been addressed here. The majority of this refurb were related to fire/asbestos/ride control system.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Really gives the impression that they care and are proud about the works that they have completed.
Not everyone’s the same I know but when we did Phantom Manor after the refurb I got the impression when the cast found out we had more than a passing interest in the attraction and knew about the works that had been done done they seemed genuinely pleased. When I went back to really cover it in detail for my video I got nothing but happy co operation. Seemed they really want the attraction to be seen and appreciated.

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Not everyone’s the same I know but when we did Phantom Manor after the refurb I got the impression when the cast found out we had more than a passing interest in the attraction and knew about the works that had been done done they seemed genuinely pleased. When I went back to really cover it in detail for my video I got nothing but happy co operation. Seemed they really want the attraction to be seen and appreciated.
There aren't many parks fans that have examined Phantom Manor as in-depth as the Mansions have been, so I figure the attention was very welcome by the cast members. Many fans often describe PM as "HM but scarier" but IMO that statement heavily reduces the mystique around it. With every brick in HM turned and examined (ad infinitum) for as long it's been around, it's easier to just lift the observations of HM and apply them to PM as needed (and even use those as evidence against PM).

yensidtlaw1969

I happened to be at DLP the day the Kevin and Jody Phantom Manor figurine was released - I managed to snag one first thing in the morning, and while everyone else headed to bag check (that box was BIG) I took mine to Phantom Manor to get some photos of it with the real deal. When I tell you I was SWARMED by happy Cast Members who were so excited to see how the figure turned out . . . they really, really love the attraction and always seem to go out of their way for guests who feel similarly. Had a lot of delightful conversations that day, and was even treated to a few line skips by CM's who remembered me the rest of my trip. PM CM's are a really good bunch!

From what has been said in the conference that occurred a few days ago, Disneyland Paris is still doing extremely well and if I am not mistaken it is one of the resort that brings back the most money to the WDC thanks to the opening of Avengers Campus and the 30th anniversary! Iger also mentioned that they were evaluating the parks in which parks an investment makes more sense which can only give us hope regarding the future of our destination.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom