MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

UpAllNight

I'd rank Efteling over many Disney and Universal parks. It seems a bit slept on amongst the English language forum.

Fairy Tale Forest is single handily amongst or is the greatest 'walk-through' attraction in any theme park. Unless you get into the weeds and find a similar setup that is the entire purpose of the attraction you are visiting (i.e. a non-ride based park) or I guess considered World Showcase as one giant walk through attraction.

Their new gate hotel, if it carries through the concept art, looks to put most of Disney and Universal's recent attempts to shame.

I feel as a theme park fan, that experiencing Efteling was a right of passage. I’m very excited about their future expansion plans and I can see it being a park I visit frequently.

I think a Hagrids style rollercoaster would absolutely round this park off so nicely.

UpAllNight

For any European theme park visitors, is Phantasialand worth a trip? I’d be going specifically for the park, with maybe half a day in Cologne due to flight dates (from the U.K.)

European1992

For any European theme park visitors, is Phantasialand worth a trip? I’d be going specifically for the park, with maybe half a day in Cologne due to flight dates (from the U.K.)
This park has two of the best rollercoasters in the world on top of amazing theming and many great rides. You should visit.

wtyy21

Unrelated to this topic, but we expected fire effects seen at Disney Dreams to be temporaripy suspended due to impact of Murphy's fire. Had anyone seen fire effect at Dreams tonight?

Sir_Cliff

Unrelated to this topic, but we expected fire effects seen at Disney Dreams to be temporaripy suspended due to impact of Murphy's fire. Had anyone seen fire effect at Dreams tonight?

Would the effects in Disney Dreams be considered similar enough to those that caused the Fantasmic fire? I think the same source noted that the only effect suspended was Maleficent in the Festival of Fantasy parade.

cjkeating

I haven't been to it or Europa Park but I imagine they're both better than Walt Disney Studios or Universal Singapore at the VERY least.
Depending on your point of view I’d have Europa Park and Efteling fighting it out for the Top 5 theme parks in the world.

As a singular park visited for 2-3 days I rank Europa Park higher than any Western Disney or Universal Park as an overall experience.

cjkeating

I know some fans don't have the best view of Daniel because they blame him for every operational decision they haven't liked at the park and sometimes he's overpromised and underdelivered (Mark Twain, Disney Village...) however from what I can see he's been a great driver for focusing on improving the show and guest experience in the park. I often saw him in the parks and I think he attended nearly every attraction reopening following an extended refurbishment, season launch and always acted as the "MC" for the cast member after hours events.

Hopefully his successor will be even better but I think Daniel has done a good job in his COO role.

wtyy21

No fire used at Disney Dreams fireworks for this moment. I would also confirmed it due to the impact of Fantasmic dragon fire at Disneyland California.

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
No fire used at Disney Dreams fireworks for this moment. I would also confirmed it due to the impact of Fantasmic dragon fire at Disneyland California.

Probably unrelated, but wasn't there reported damage to one of the roofs as well (either due to a nearby pyro launcher or flamethrower)?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
One of the smaller turrets was damaged. It didn't look like pyro damage to me. Possibly from the installation of the LEDs.
Didn’t it occur after the LEDs were installed? Regardless the LED mesh has now been removed hopefully to repair the tiles

IMDREW

Does anyone have any insight if/when the new annual pass system will be launched? I luckily received a renewal code just before they stopped sales, but my brother wasn't so lucky :/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom