MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Parkatm

I'm an American and DLP's future is actually the most intriguing and exciting to me. WDW is my home Disney Resort, and I have never visited Disneyland Paris yet, but it's on my to-do list. To an American (or at least this one) DLP seems nostalgic in the way the company operates it. It's maintenance and appearance is well above WDW's standards... and maybe even Disneyland's at the moment.
Disneyland Paris is masterpiece in theme park design, and WDS seems like it has promising future.
As far as the whole @Moon knight thing goes, I've been reading his post for almost a year now, and while he isn't as proven as someone like Magic Feather or @marni1971 it's still interesting what he has to say, and ultimately time will tell us if he's the real deal or not... no need to attack someone and bring beef from another site to this one.
I agree, I noticed that this forum is way more benevolent than the french one where personal attacks are way more frequent.

It’s fun to see that American people considerer DLP as a better operator while french fans consider that the domestic parks are better operated. When talking about the rumor of a new ride, for example Rise of the Resistance, people say that we won’t have it because we would be so bad at operating it, it would break down most of the time.
The same goes for the spiderman stuntronic.

There is at least one thing everyone agrees on, it is that Tokyo Disney Resort (the OLC) is just the best for operations as well as for the choice of new rides ^^

SplashJacket

As far as the whole @Moon knight thing goes, I've been reading his post for almost a year now, and while he isn't as proven as someone like Magic Feather or @marni1971 it's still interesting what he has to say, and ultimately time will tell us if he's the real deal or not... no need to attack someone and bring beef from another site to this one.
Exactly, I have no idea if anything @Moon knight says holds any water, but the ideas are interesting and entertaining nonetheless, and thus bring value to the forum, in my opinion.

Sir_Cliff

Exactly, I have no idea if anything @Moon knight says holds any water, but the ideas are interesting and entertaining nonetheless, and thus bring value to the forum, in my opinion.
I have no idea whether this poster's information is reliable or not, so this comment is not about them personally.

In general, though, I don't think people who spread false rumours are valuable to the forum. I have seen it happen before on wdwmagic that people became almost upset when it was pointed out that someone was obviously spreading false rumours as they just enjoyed discussing the possibilities. We have an Imagineering for that, however.

Again, I'm not talking about anyone specifically, but in principle I do think people who intentionally spread false rumours should be called out if not banned however entertaining the rumours might be as they are misleading people.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Part of the reason why Mermaid was to go across from Pizzeria Bella Notte was to build on the idea of that being the Mediterranean part of Fantasyland, and Eric's castle and village have that look to them. They just used Lady and the Tramp for the restaurant at the time because Disney didn't have any animated movies set in Italy. Now with Luca, Disney does and have already made this small addition.

But I would actually support a complete Luca attraction, like a Vespa coaster, on that expansion plot. A boat ride would be nice too, but with two others in Fantasyland already, including one next door, I think some other type of ride would be better.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
I'm sure the Old Mill Ferris Wheel was removed because it was a low capacity cycle ride, but wish it was still there for its kinetic quality.

1680987563573.png

1680987571983.png

Sir_Cliff

Part of the reason why Mermaid was to go across from Pizzeria Bella Notte was to build on the idea of that being the Mediterranean part of Fantasyland, and Eric's castle and village have that look to them. They just used Lady and the Tramp for the restaurant at the time because Disney didn't have any animated movies set in Italy. Now with Luca, Disney does and have already made this small addition.

But I would actually support a complete Luca attraction, like a Vespa coaster, on that expansion plot. A boat ride would be nice too, but with two others in Fantasyland already, including one next door, I think some other type of ride would be better.
I agree!

This restaurant seems like a good integration of IP into the park that fits the area and helps freshen things up. Luca would also seem to lend itself easily to a ride. Even a smaller-scale dark ride could be nice as the film has a lot of appealing scenery from the coast with the sea monsters to the little Italian villages. If the could simulate something like a Vespa ride going through the narrow streets and up and down the hills, that would be fantastic!

cjkeating

Not wanting to prolong the @Moon knight discussion but with the exception of the Lion King rumours which I'd heard was not a thing (maybe my sources had just informed me, that's how this rumour mill thing works...) everything else they have said seems to be pretty accurate.

The problem is people want rumours and then when they don't come true complain. Ask any of the regular WDW rumour sharers how many times plans change sometimes after years of deliberation or at shockingly short notice. Look at WDW... even plans they announce at D23 don't even happen, so just imagine all of the plans discussed internally (that reach leakers) that never happen.

Parkatm

Not wanting to prolong the @Moon knight discussion but with the exception of the Lion King rumours which I'd heard was not a thing (maybe my sources had just informed me, that's how this rumour mill thing works...) everything else they have said seems to be pretty accurate.

The problem is people want rumours and then when they don't come true complain. Ask any of the regular WDW rumour sharers how many times plans change sometimes after years of deliberation or at shockingly short notice. Look at WDW... even plans they announce at D23 don't even happen, so just imagine all of the plans discussed internally (that reach leakers) that never happen.
I’d be curious of what you thing about the recent fake/true leak about a star wars miniland at the back of discoveryland (with a photo of an imagineer on his ipad). If Star Wars is really considered for PDL (whether it is a motorbike or a rise of the resistance /rebellion ride), it means that star wars would not be the third theme for the WDSP, so if not Lion King, what would you have at this specific location? Pandora? People say that it only fits under Frozen in size…

cjkeating

I’d be curious of what you thing about the recent fake/true leak about a star wars miniland at the back of discoveryland (with a photo of an imagineer on his ipad). If Star Wars is really considered for PDL (whether it is a motorbike or a rise of the resistance /rebellion ride), it means that star wars would not be the third theme for the WDSP, so if not Lion King, what would you have at this specific location? Pandora? People say that it only fits under Frozen in size…
So I hadn't heard anything about the Star Wars mini-land in Park Disneyland... however I'll come back to that.

Regarding Galaxy's Edge in WDSP as far as I was concerned the leading plan was Pandora, I am sure it was on the table but maybe what I was hearing was in connection to the land that will follow Frozen and LK? As regards to location I hadn't heard anything but then I hadn't thought to ask as it was always in the context of replacing Mini Galaxy's Edges so I assumed that location.

Back to Star Wars in PDL... in many respects it's a logical step. A few things it ticks off...
1) Additional capacity in PDL
2) Consolidated Star Wars experience in one park
3) Potential to do in universe (under the rail road) and out of universe (Star Tours) learning from the GE problem
4) Discoveryland can lose HSM and get 'fixed'

If someone in Disney got spooked because of the lacklustre response to Galaxy's Edge and then the sequel trilogy flop and then a movie hiatus I fully understand why DLP wouldn't want to spend it's WDSP money on an IP and land with a poor reputation. However now the Disney+ series have been generally well received and it feels like momentum is back in the Star Wars brand (whilst WDAS, Pixar, Marvel are all not at their peak) I understand why they could have circled back to Star Wars.

Jordan dby

From a fan point of view it makes sense to chuck all the star wars in one land, from a commercial view it doesn't. Plenty of star wars fans have little or no affection for disney, better to sell them 2 park tickets rather than one. Frozen isn't with the other princesses near fantasyland for the same reason.

It also spreads capacity across parks. As you say, brands can go up or down depending on the performance of one or two series or movies. If one park is heavily dependent on one IP, its at risk.

That's not to say I don't think star wars will go there. There could be other reasons - construction costs, aesthetics (dusty GE by a body of water?) could be playing a part.

To a completely clueless outsider, the most obvious reason for no star wars in WDSP is reassessing the budget post covid. Iger is nice and cuddly and speaks better, but so far that's it. Ultimately most CEOs make the same decisions when presented the same financials.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There’s certainly something brewing. But placing an additional attraction of this calibre in Discoveryland - the land with the largest amount of popular attractions and the one that on average holds its wait times through the day - is operationally backwards. Especially since the park next door will still need more (and a Staggs-esq boys balance to the Rasullo girly attraction).

Sir_Cliff

There’s certainly something brewing. But placing an additional attraction of this calibre in Discoveryland - the land with the largest amount of popular attractions and the one that on average holds its wait times through the day - is operationally backwards. Especially since the park next door will still need more (and a Staggs-esq boys balance to the Rasullo girly attraction).
While I can understand why a Star Wars mini-land connecting to Discoveryland would seem an appealing addition, it does seem that the park will be very lopsided if they go that route. The reason an Adventureland e-ticket has been discussed ad nauseam is that it seems to make the most sense in terms of where they have available land, a wealth of good themes to choose from, and a way to spread people more evenly throughout the park. If the budget is there for major additions to both parks and they want to get Star Wars in, you'd think they'd go that route and put Star Wars in the studios.

I know it must be annoying to have people quiz you on every rumour @marni1971 , but would you be able to say if you have heard anything about the Lion King land rumour?

The only reason I ask is that it seems be hanging around as a rumour but makes zero sense to me as the world of the film is an Africa with naturalistic animals and no humans and therefore no human structures or signs. The closest analogy I can think of is building a Bambi land, though I guess you could at least built the hunter's cabin as a shop/restaurant for that! To me, it just doesn't make any sense for an entire land. I do, though, completely understand if you have nothing to say about it!

rickreptile

From a fan point of view it makes sense to chuck all the star wars in one land, from a commercial view it doesn't. Plenty of star wars fans have little or no affection for disney, better to sell them 2 park tickets rather than one. Frozen isn't with the other princesses near fantasyland for the same reason.

It also spreads capacity across parks. As you say, brands can go up or down depending on the performance of one or two series or movies. If one park is heavily dependent on one IP, its at risk.

That's not to say I don't think star wars will go there. There could be other reasons - construction costs, aesthetics (dusty GE by a body of water?) could be playing a part.

To a completely clueless outsider, the most obvious reason for no star wars in WDSP is reassessing the budget post covid. Iger is nice and cuddly and speaks better, but so far that's it. Ultimately most CEOs make the same decisions when presented the same financials.
Well, that's mostly the adult fans who are divided among the sequel era movies, which the same exact thing happening all over again with the prequel movies but now the kids who grew on the prequel movies praise those movies, give it a few years and the new generation who grew up with the sequel movies will start to praise those sooner or later on the internet.

And yes, i know there fans who don't like Disney being the IP owner now but under Disney we recieved, Rogue One which is heavily praised by almost any fan and for plenty on the top 3 spot. Same with Andor also regarded as one of the best things star wars related. The Mandalorian has also recieved many fans including new ones who never were interested in star wars before. But your logic is a bit flawed. If a fan would have Disney for having ownership of Disney why would even go to a Disney Park to do star wars rides? Let alone go to the other park? Like you said they hate Disney so they won't pay to visit the other Star Wars area.

But i don't think building a star wars themed area is a large risk however it would be very wise to make it a more neutral area instead of choosing an era and if star wars becomes less popular due to a movie dividing fans once again you will need a large IP ride and i think a strong visual one like the mentioned Speeder Bike ride will draw in plenty of people no matter if there fans or not. It's a lot safer bet then ROTR.

sm_dltall

Just like your French Space Mountain fan friend
Get my name out yo mouth, no cus I've been questioning what u said about the next version but you tryna act smart with me and idk why you mad because people don't know if you're trustworthy or not if you know you're right why are you being so defensive ? I'm out

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom