MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Jordan dby

Well, that's mostly the adult fans who are divided among the sequel era movies, which the same exact thing happening all over again with the prequel movies but now the kids who grew on the prequel movies praise those movies, give it a few years and the new generation who grew up with the sequel movies will start to praise those sooner or later on the internet.

And yes, i know there fans who don't like Disney being the IP owner now but under Disney we recieved, Rogue One which is heavily praised by almost any fan and for plenty on the top 3 spot. Same with Andor also regarded as one of the best things star wars related. The Mandalorian has also recieved many fans including new ones who never were interested in star wars before. But your logic is a bit flawed. If a fan would have Disney for having ownership of Disney why would even go to a Disney Park to do star wars rides? Let alone go to the other park? Like you said they hate Disney so they won't pay to visit the other Star Wars area.

But i don't think building a star wars themed area is a large risk however it would be very wise to make it a more neutral area instead of choosing an era and if star wars becomes less popular due to a movie dividing fans once again you will need a large IP ride and i think a strong visual one like the mentioned Speeder Bike ride will draw in plenty of people no matter if there fans or not. It's a lot safer bet then ROTR.
I didn't say star wars fans hate disney, or anything like that. But to borrow stereotypes; a family of 4 with 2 young girls who are primarily going to see princesses and shows etc might not bother with WDSP if they could instead do it all in one day at parc disneyland. A star wars fan that has never bothered (ir was never into) pixar movies would have a "must do" list focused on star wars stuff.

It's not to say they wouldn't enjoy a couple of the rides or shows elsewhere, but when disney are trying to convince people to part with significant sums of cash, there is profit in making it essential for *everyone* to visit *both* parks, rather than selling one park to one group of people and a different one to another.

Disney+ probably is doing a lot to increase crossovers - I never watched star wars as a kid (I was 2 when episode 6 came out and 18 when episode 1 came out) but I have now, because I got disney+ for my kids.

cjkeating

I didn't say star wars fans hate disney, or anything like that. But to borrow stereotypes; a family of 4 with 2 young girls who are primarily going to see princesses and shows etc might not bother with WDSP if they could instead do it all in one day at parc disneyland. A star wars fan that has never bothered (ir was never into) pixar movies would have a "must do" list focused on star wars stuff.

It's not to say they wouldn't enjoy a couple of the rides or shows elsewhere, but when disney are trying to convince people to part with significant sums of cash, there is profit in making it essential for *everyone* to visit *both* parks, rather than selling one park to one group of people and a different one to another.

Disney+ probably is doing a lot to increase crossovers - I never watched star wars as a kid (I was 2 when episode 6 came out and 18 when episode 1 came out) but I have now, because I got disney+ for my kids.
Regarding tickets... remember with the exception of a 1 day ticket (where the option exists for a small addition) any ticket 2 days and longer or included with hotel packages are all 2 park tickets. I don't think selling more 1 day 2 park tickets is anything that concerns DLP.

Also you have to remember that WDSP is 95% "modern" Disney IP which I would imagine appeals to most kids regardless of gender and then being stereotypical Marvel = male leaning, Frozen = female leaning.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
There’s certainly something brewing. But placing an additional attraction of this calibre in Discoveryland - the land with the largest amount of popular attractions and the one that on average holds its wait times through the day - is operationally backwards. Especially since the park next door will still need more (and a Staggs-esq boys balance to the Rasullo girly attraction).
Appreciate the info!

Though, I genuinely think Disneyland Parc does need a new E-ticket, badly, since it has been nearly 30 years since the last one in addition to whatever land (Pandora?) finds its way into WDS. And if we get a Space Mountain: From the Earth to the Moon revival, man, that would be incredible.

wtyy21

Disney Illuminations have its final performance yesterday CET (Central European Time). Tonight CET, its award-winning predecessor (Disney Dreams) will replace its exact copy of former Shanghai Disneyland nighttime show.
In similar way as how Happily Ever After returned at the Magic Kingdom with all-new Main Street projections, Disney Dreams will return with all-new LED lights installed at the Sleeping Beauty Castle rooftop since before 2022 holiday season. Disney Dreams return will have more grand fanfare than HEA's return since it will accompain with gala dinner that deserved for D23 Gold Member Exclusive Event.

Here's the interview Disney Dreams Producer Ben Spalding about the new version that will debut tonight CET.

From there, we expecting much different Disney Dreams than was commonly thought, because according to show's producer Ben Spalding, there will be slightly drastically change to the DLP nighttime show than when HEA returned to the MK (only new MSUSA projections implemented and adjustement of Enchantment pyro launch for HEA).
1. The replacement of old 12 video projectors seen at the original Dreams with energy-less laser lamps
2. The increasement of skytracers (or spotlights or searchlights) into 28 (originally planned for the start of new 30th fireworks but scrapped), more in line with the trend of new Disney nighttime spectaculars nowadays that utilized much more searchlights, for example HEA.
HAPPILY EVER AFTER Magic Kingdom Fireworks 4K Full Show + Outro _ Walt Disney World 20-6 scree...png

3. It is likely return to 2013 version with Brave and The Lion King.

4. No longer have water screens, unlike the original ones. So, the projection all focused on the castle.
5. Pyro will likely reworked.
6. The soundtrack of the show gets re-recorded in 4.1 surround sound mix instead of stereo.

Last edited:

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Happy Disney Dreams! Day to those who celebrate! We'll finally see that rightmost tower roof shine:

FtcbMYPWIAM13Aq

Looks like it's only the blue sloping trapezoidal roofs (the one with the window and the one supporting the main tower) that have yet to receive the new LED lights. I guess the gold roofs will not receive bougied-up versions of the lights. So much for that released concept art... (unless there are supply issues?)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Appreciate the info!

Though, I genuinely think Disneyland Parc does need a new E-ticket, badly, since it has been nearly 30 years since the last one in addition to whatever land (Pandora?) finds its way into WDS. And if we get a Space Mountain: From the Earth to the Moon revival, man, that would be incredible.
The legacy park does need new capacity. In an ideal world both parks would get more. The resort has hit the critical mass again of over popularity and under capacity. But personally I’d rather see available investment continue in the studios first since it still needs it more.

When budget is available for DL I’d really hope Fantasyland or Adventureland gets it. As I’ve said before they need it more to even out the crowds again. Marketing can always do a 2005 and call an IP free SM a new attraction as a stop gap.

Last edited:

mrflo

Frontierland consistency (1992-2023)
Creative teams have struggled in recent years to get rid of the Pochaontas theme in the playground area and Woody and Jessy on the Cowboy Cookout logo. And here we are again with an IP that has nothing to do with the period in which this land takes place.
As much as I like the movie Coco, I am equally annoyed by the fact that they are corrupting the Thunder Mesa theme & storyline of Frontierland by forcing an Pixar IP in there. It feels like WDI Paris is disregarding the legacy created by the original Imagineers. What's next? Woody's Roundup moving into Silver Spur Steakhouse?

olBYJVWvFeU9c5C513g4dJB5MaYRG0D6FEoDuzHlF5rw3ajxwdlJfctTVq0kkwUa.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom