MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Disneyland Paris has revealed that it made a $51 million (€47 million) operating profit last year on revenue which hit a record $2.6 billion (€2.4 billion) as the lifting of pandemic restrictions and the opening of a new land themed to Marvel super heroes led to a surge of guests through its turnstiles.

With two parks and seven hotels, Disneyland Paris is a bellwether of Europe's tourism sector so its strong performance indicates that the dark clouds blown in by Covid have finally begun to clear."

Lengthy article below.

cjkeating

"Disneyland Paris has revealed that it made a $51 million (€47 million) operating profit last year on revenue which hit a record $2.6 billion (€2.4 billion) as the lifting of pandemic restrictions and the opening of a new land themed to Marvel super heroes led to a surge of guests through its turnstiles.

With two parks and seven hotels, Disneyland Paris is a bellwether of Europe's tourism sector so its strong performance indicates that the dark clouds blown in by Covid have finally begun to clear."

Lengthy article below.

A 0.02% profilt margin is nothing to shout about but in the context of DLP it's nice to see.

mrflo

A 0.02% profilt margin is nothing to shout about but in the context of DLP it's nice to see.
That's just the profit margin reported by the operating company of DLP. There is lots of accounting magic going on to keep it low and avoid local taxes. TWDC gets a good amount of money out of DLP through all kinds of licensing and management fees that are reducing the reported profit. Plus you have to consider all the costs for the constructions that are going on.

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

Hmm, curious. Surprising they wouldn't just introduce a new scheme instead of suspending sales of new APs.

I would have thought APs were still worthwhile for DLP which doesn't face the overcrowding of DLR or WDW and, at least in the past, has needed to bring people in to get them through the colder months.

mrflo

Forbes: Why Launching Disneyland Paris May Be Disney's Best Ever Deal

960x0.jpg

UpAllNight

Said it many times but it’s so simplistic to look at any Disney park as a singular entity.

Disneyland Paris is a shop window to brand Disney for Europeans, which inevitably results in none attributable revenue through additional streams.

A family who enjoys a trip to Disneyland Paris might buy licensed merch from third party retailers, boosting the value of those contacts, they might sign up to Disney+, save up for a trip to Florida down the line, buy from the Disney store, pay to see movies at the theatre. The list is endless.

it’s the same way that Apple stores are a shop window to their brand.

My trips to DLP as a child, started a love affair that has made Disney tens of thousands of pounds over the years, from me alone. They’re all interconnected.

Last edited:

Rush

Said it many times but it’s so simplistic to look at any Disney park as a singular entity.

Disneyland Paris is a shop window to brand Disney for Europeans, which inevitably results in none attributable revenue through additional streams.

A family who enjoys a trip to Disneyland Paris might buy licensed merch from third party retailers, boosting the value of those contacts, they might sign up to Disney+, save up for a trip to Florida down the line, buy from the Disney store, pay to see movies at the theatre. The list is endless.

it’s the same way that Apple stores are a shop window to their brand.

My trips to DLP as a child, started a love affair that has made Disney tens of thousands of pounds over the years, from me alone. They’re all interconnected.
I largely agree. Disney is a life-style company after all. They're in the business of selling a brand. The parks are just one of their countless divisions and they have always been used to promote and sell merchandise and experiences, all starting with the original Disneyland. But the parks are still very important to Disney the company, as their revenue has kept the company afloat for many periods of it's history and is currently financing the company's other divisions.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I just received a post visit questionnaire. Very in depth, even asking did I like the background music. And like last time, it’s not just multiple choice. You can type your comments and concerns when asked too. Now if they’ll listen is another thing but it’s good to be asked.

Kevin_W

I just received a post visit questionnaire. Very in depth, even asking did I like the background music. And like last time, it’s not just multiple choice. You can type your comments and concerns when asked too. Now if they’ll listen is another thing but it’s good to be asked.

I got the same survey - it took quite a while to fill out but was very thorough. I enjoyed the opportunity to provide feedback.

It was 6 years between our last visits to DLP (although we this turn this Christmas' visit into 2 trips), so I'm not sure when/if we'll be back again. But it will be fun to follow how the park develops.

cjkeating

I feel personally responsible for the return of Dreams! as I have consistently rated Illuminations 1 out of 5 on about 20 surveys since 2017 and in the free text asked for Dreams! to come back.

I have been doing the same with Hyperspace Mountain so hopefully my influence will come through on that soon too… :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom