MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

fradz

Voyages on "It's a Small World" return on May 05, 2023. Any insider info on what should we expect inside (aside from the rumored asbestos removal)?
The ad looks great!

The closure was planned to proceed with:
- On a technical side: asbestos removal, replacement of the technical controls of the attraction, upgrade/replacement of the fire security system, complete replacement of the electrical system.
- On a "show" side, some dolls were scheduled to be replaced, the ceiling tiles too, an additional queue for the Disney Premier Access, a partial revamp of the standby and an additional terrace was to be added.

I'm sure they covered everything regarding the technical side, I can also see they created the queue for the paying system (whatever that will become). I know for a fact that some dolls were introduced (including dolls in a wheelchair). I don't know about the rest though, I'd need to check.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
If Adventureland does get some kind of expansion, I would also like to see a RR station added to the land as it's the only one in the park without it. They would probably need to adjust the track to have enough straight section of track to do so.

Moon knight

Paris is next...
Without the same functionality though

Edit : The traditional DLP Magic Pass would still continue to be issued like the "Keys to the World" in WDW. Paris version of the DisneyBand+ (MagicBand is already trademarked in the EU) would have all the features the MagicBands + currently have except the ability "to track your location". The re-opening of the DLH in 2024 might be a good excuse to implement it in all the resort.

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

Paris is next...
Without the same functionality though

Edit : The traditional DLP Magic Pass would still continue to be issued like the "Keys to the World" in WDW. Paris version of the DisneyBand+ (MagicBand is already trademarked in the EU) would have all the features the MagicBands + currently have except the ability "to track your location". The re-opening of the DLH in 2024 might be a good excuse to implement it in all the resort.

Ugh, I wish they would leave DLP as the resort you can go to and still live in the times before they over-complicated everything.

Moon knight

Ugh, I wish they would leave DLP as the resort you can go to and still live in the times before they over-complicated everything.
Just like DLR the annoying part of this new tech (Disney Premier Access) is already implemented and most of the attractions and entrance turnstiles are now equiped with RFID readers.

The WDS and DV expansion plans could be a good opportunity for DLP teams to add multiple interactive "touch points" in those new structures, games and so on in order to ensure this new product relevance from a guest perspective.

cjkeating

Will they replace premier access also with a sort of maxpass? or do they keep premier access?
Premier Access is rated highly by people who use it, generates income beyond their forecasts and hasn't negatively impacted standby lines so I don't see any reason why they would change the system.

I could see in the future (as they continue to add more attractions) for bundles to be sold e.g. a "thrill" bundle and a "family" bundle or a Disneyland Park bundle and a Studio Park bundle.

Sir_Cliff

Just like DLR the annoying part of this new tech (Disney Premier Access) is already implemented and most of the attractions and entrance turnstiles are now equiped with RFID readers.

The WDS and DV expansion plans could be a good opportunity for DLP teams to add multiple interactive "touch points" in those new structures, games and so on in order to ensure this new product relevance from a guest perspective.
Fair enough, I guess. If it is like premier access from the point of view that you can essentially ignore it and still have a great time then I guess I don't care too much. My main feeling is that very few European guests are going to buy this if it's an extra $35 or so as they will (rightly, IMO) see this as paying for entry and then paying extra for their ticket. What worries me a little is that they will use this as an excuse to get rid of the normal resort room key/entry ticket card and make the only options the ap or DisneyBand+ for an upcharge.

Moon knight

Love this 3D model ! We could use it to impress some of our French fellows ! 😅

Context :

Obviously this looks like a fake...sigh

Last edited:

HerculesHawkins

I find it very funny how you're always shading the Disney Central Plaza forum members as if they didn't discover that you've been banned from there multiple times with different accounts trying to spread the same rumours you're spreading here with the pretentious entitlement you're known for in the disneyland paris fan community. Meanwhile you never share actual plans or concept arts just words, mirages and promises.

A lot of the info you're sharing here makes no sense whatsoever, especially with the fact that you're starting to backtrack on a lot of things. How could Disney Paris have the money to blue-sky 2 completely new immersive lands (Lion King, Star Wars bike ride land) when they literally cancelled the avenue idea for the lake promenade replacing it with literal trees and fancy words (usual disney marketing to make the most out of less) to explain a theme that makes no sense whatsoever and would appal retired disney imagineers OR the fact that they cancelled the Tiana restaurant to save money, not for the area to fit more thematically or whatever is the new excuse you may find.

You're always like BIG THINGS are coming with no proof (compared to Ally), and then you backtrack saying the budget is tight (theater district) or the star wars land, lion king land and pandora land might actually not happen. When members here started realizing that your entire reasoning about frozen land not having a coaster, compared to the one in hong kong, made no sense cause europeans LOVE coasters you backtracked...again...

The most logical thing would be for Disney to just copy and paste Rise in discoveryland, not waste money on blue-skying which, as I said, makes literally no sense knowing the history of the company. So don't be surprised if fans are excited about a possible leak with a land plan that makes more sense than the rumours you're trying to spread here

Last edited:

Moon knight

I find it very funny how you're always shading the Disney Central Plaza forum members as if they didn't discover that you've been banned from there multiple times with different accounts trying to spread the same rumours you're spreading here with the pretentious entitlement you're known for in the disneyland paris fan community. Meanwhile you never share actual plans or concept arts just words, mirages and promises.

A lot of the info you're sharing here makes no sense whatsoever, especially with the fact that you're starting to backtrack on a lot of things. How could Disney Paris have the money to blue-sky 2 completely new immersive lands (Lion King, Star Wars bike ride land) when they literally cancelled the avenue idea for the lake promenade replacing it with literal trees and fancy words (usual disney marketing to make the most out of less) to explain a theme that makes no sense whatsoever and would appal retired disney imagineers OR the fact that they cancelled the Tiana restaurant to save money, not for the area to fit more thematically or whatever is the new excuse you may find.

You're always like BIG THINGS are coming with no proof (compared to Ally), and then you backtrack saying the budget is tight (theater district) or the star wars land, lion king land and pandora land might actually not happen. When members here started realizing that your entire reasoning about frozen land not having a coaster, compared to the one in hong kong, made no sense cause europeans LOVE coasters you backtracked...again...

The most logical thing would be for Disney to just copy and paste Rise in discoveryland, not waste money on blue-skying which, as I said, makes literally no sense knowing the history of the company. So don't be surprised if fans are excited about a possible leak with a land plan that makes more sense than the rumours you're trying to spread here
Good evening Detty ! That 's your other name, right?

I haven't gone back on what I said since my first day on the forum, I invite you to reread my posts which show that I have been consistent with myself since day one. For instance I've always mentioned the bike coaster as a serious project, yet not validated, proposed by the imagineers in order to have a Star Wars E-ticket in Paris that would be more reliable than RotR for the operational teams.

I never registered to this French forum although I consult it weekly, sorry to disappoint you on this point. I'm also sorry not to relay rumours that would be false but would please many of you. Just because something seems logical to you doesn't mean it's logical for the Park executives.

The future central walkway of the Park has since the announcement in 2018 been presented as a green walkway, you can fast-check what Fitgerald said at the Fandaze imagineering conference in 2018, a couple of months after the announcement. It's public.

Anyway, I understand that you are questioning what I say for the sole reason that it doesn't fit your personal requirements, that's pretty ridiculous btw. Just like your French Space Mountain fan friend, I think it's a shame that you've just created an account on this forum to attack me. Please remain courteous and bring something constructive to this subject, you give me far too much importance.

Last edited:

HerculesHawkins

Good evening Detty, is that right?

I haven't gone back on what I said since my first day on the forum, I invite you to reread my posts which show that I have been consistent with myself since day one. For instance I've always mentioned the bike coaster as a serious project, yet not validated, proposed by the imagineers in order to have a Star Wars E-ticket in Paris that would be more reliable than RotR for the operational teams.

I never registered to this French forum although I consult it weekly, sorry to disappoint you on this point. I'm also sorry not to relay rumours that would be false but would please many of you. Just because something seems logical to you doesn't mean it's logical for the Park.

The future central walkway of the Park has since the announcement in 2018 been presented as a green walkway, you can fast-check what Fitgerald said at the Fandaze imagineering conference in 2018, a couple of months after the announcement. It's public.

Anyway, I understand that you are questioning what I say for the sole reason that it doesn't fit your personal requirements, that's pretty ridiculous. Just like your French space mountain fan friend, I think it's a shame that you just create an account on this forum to attack me. Please remain courteous and bring something constructive to this subject, you give me far too much importance.
Questioning your rumours is definetly bringing something constructive to the conversation since everyone on this forum relies on them without any second thought or proof from your part and therefore gives you importance. You ain't the first person to spread rumours like this and you won't be the last either, so demanding answers concerning the legitimacy of your sources isn't a "shame" or an "attack" as you would put it. Why should anyone blindly believe you anyhow, especially when other members prove their legitimacy (Ally) with proof?

If I was Detty or not would that really matter? I ain't the one switching usernames, forums and identities like it's Mardi Gras.

Saying a bike coaster with a technology that has never been used in Paris compared to a trackless ride (that the Paris teams are already familiar with at Ratatouille) would be easier for operational teams is questionable, especially in a country like France that has some of the BEST engineers in the entire world. Disneyland Anaheim has a LOT of technical difficulties, Paris isn't the little black sheep you're trying to paint it as.

Confirmed Paris extension plans are not logical whatsoever so how would a Galaxy Edge and ROTR that is linked to Star Tours be nonsensical when it's literally the rumour that makes the most sense?

The greenwalkway wasn't planned to be that originally, ask your sources. A Hollywood boulevard type with the red car trolleys was originally planned but cut due to budget constraints.

I'm sorry you're offended at basic questions, not everyone is gonna agree with you on everything you say and you need to accept critcism, espcially, for as I said, unfounded claims and rumours.

Moon knight

The greenwalkway wasn't planned to be that originally, ask your sources. A Hollywood boulevard type with the red car trolleys was originally planned but cut due to budget constraints.
Yes, indeed what you mention was once considered for Paris, just like a marvel land with a New York theme. Alain Littaye's 2014 articles on disneyandmore were taken from ED92, I read about it long before you did, believe me. However it would be silly to think that they have drastically downgraded the ambitions of this 2018 expansion plan, since it was always decided that way, your post assumes otherwise. We could play this game for a long time if you want but more ambitious plans that have never seen the light of day are a dime a dozen, especially at DLP.

For the case of Ally, sorry again that I don't have a contact who works in a French town hall. I can't pull out fake plans to please you. And even if I had those kind of sources I wouldn't be willing to risk my job and that of my mates for someone like you.

Besides I have strictly nothing to prove to you, when Ally confirmed my rumours, he didn't show you a shot of Avatar, the Lion King or the bike coaster or even a single concept art... Why should I be treated differently. I've just returned on this forum a month ago, what are you expecting from me, I mean seriously ? He only releases construction permits on Outsidears when they look like they are about to be released and not before, that's why his articles come out when the same building permits are being approved by the French administration. We definitly have different sources that are not from the same department.

I feel like I'm being lectured for doing my job badly, sorry you are in no way my boss and this has never been my profession.

Last edited:
I have been reading Moonknight for quite some time now and I do not intend to participate in this witch hunt to know who he really is or if he has ever had other accounts; the only thing that matters is that you look like to be a trustworthy source as the details you give goes in accordance with the information held by Ally and for the persons who complain about the lack of proof behind those said projects, let us remember that it is a subject dedicated to rumors, meaning that if they never come to fruition it does not mean that it was never once intended... In all cases thank you for sharing the information you have, as French Dlp fan it brightens my day to read your posts knowing that the company might actually bring back the focus on our beautiful, yet underinvested park(s).

regarding the picture, ally has done some research and thinks it is not falsified; I am by the way surprised that you do not think it is a true one as it matches the vision of the future of Discoveryland you shared a few days ago.

Jordan dby

Regardless of if its true or not, one person has a right to post rumours, dress it up as something more probable if they choose, just as another person has the right to accept or reject what is being said.

Personal attacks aren't warranted whatever the scenario.

Fwiw, I typically dismiss Internet rumours from strangers or anonymous people. Especially when they are sometimes cryptic or contain messages like "I could tell you but I'll wait". I think it's fair to say the vast majority of things like that will be false. But I still enjoy reading them. In the case of lion king and most of what has been posted, I hope its true.

Moon knight

I have been reading Moonknight for quite some time now and I do not intend to participate in this witch hunt to know who he really is or if he has ever had other accounts; the only thing that matters is that you look like to be a trustworthy source as the details you give goes in accordance with the information held by Ally and for the persons who complain about the lack of proof behind those said projects, let us remember that it is a subject dedicated to rumors, meaning that if they never come to fruition it does not mean that it was never once intended... In all cases thank you for sharing the information you have, as French Dlp fan it brightens my day to read your posts knowing that the company might actually bring back the focus on our beautiful, yet underinvested park(s).

regarding the picture, ally has done some research and thinks it is not falsified; I am by the way surprised that you do not think it is a true one as it matches the vision of the future of Discoveryland you shared a few days ago.
Thanks @stitchangel !
It's just that this picture looked too good to be true. I should have taken into account that they're still in a blue sky phase and that the configuration of this land can really differ from what I've been told. If this picture proves to be true, then I would be happy to see that they still want, even in this rendition, to demo the Discoveryland Theater and have at least a new E-ticket ride + shop + restaurant. Believe me, I would be the first one to celebrate if we end up with a Rise of the Resistance/rebellion ride, it's just that up to now I thought that all hopes were lost. We'll see...

Parkatm

And I find it very funny that you accuse the man to tell the same things all over again with different accounts while making the exact same thing yourself @detty. You obviously are on a constant loop about the inconsistency of this green alley (and not ally, since you seem to like this guy a lot), and about the cancellation of the Tiana restaurant. Please digest it once and for all!
I seem to be the only one who assume who he is because I didn't feel like changing my alias on this forum ^^

I never registered to this French forum although I consult it weekly, sorry to disappoint you on this point. I'm also sorry not to relay rumours that would be false but would please many of you. Just because something seems logical to you doesn't mean it's logical for the Park executives.

This, I don't believe it. Who you are or were on the french forum is as obvious as HerculesHawkins is detty.

In all cases thank you for sharing the information you have, as French Dlp fan it brightens my day to read your posts knowing that the company might actually bring back the focus on our beautiful, yet underinvested park(s).
Oh damn, apart from members of the french community and some fans living in the UK, is there any non European members here who care about the destiny of Disneyland Paris? I'm starting to believe that the Americans don't really care about our resort like I though they did ^^

DisneyDean97

And I find it very funny that you accuse the man to tell the same things all over again with different accounts while making the exact same thing yourself @detty. You obviously are on a constant loop about the inconsistency of this green alley (and not ally, since you seem to like this guy a lot), and about the cancellation of the Tiana restaurant. Please digest it once and for all!
I seem to be the only one who assume who he is because I didn't feel like changing my alias on this forum ^^

This, I don't believe it. Who you are or were on the french forum is as obvious as HerculesHawkins is detty.

Oh damn, apart from members of the french community and some fans living in the UK, is there any non European members here who care about the destiny of Disneyland Paris? I'm starting to believe that the Americans don't really care about our resort like I though they did ^^
I'm an American and DLP's future is actually the most intriguing and exciting to me. WDW is my home Disney Resort, and I have never visited Disneyland Paris yet, but it's on my to-do list. To an American (or at least this one) DLP seems nostalgic in the way the company operates it. It's maintenance and appearance is well above WDW's standards... and maybe even Disneyland's at the moment.
Disneyland Paris is masterpiece in theme park design, and WDS seems like it has promising future.
As far as the whole @Moon knight thing goes, I've been reading his post for almost a year now, and while he isn't as proven as someone like Magic Feather or @marni1971 it's still interesting what he has to say, and ultimately time will tell us if he's the real deal or not... no need to attack someone and bring beef from another site to this one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom