1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris' started by Animaniac93-98, Jul 18, 2014.

1. GiveMeTheMusic

GiveMeTheMusic Well-Known Member

Facts are HARD!

2. mickeyfan5534

mickeyfan5534 Well-Known Member

More like French towns are hard. The number of times I've had to explain Strasbourg and Stratsburg...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    GiveMeTheMusic and Swissmiss like this.
  3. The Empress Lilly

The Empress Lilly Well-Known Member

Indeed, but we are not under the impression they are the same thing.

The issue is the troubled areas north, east and south of Paris, some if which crossed and visited by tourists. There is no such thing as armed gangs robbing touring cars in London, Amsterdam or Frankfurt.

wdrive and Stevie Amsterdam like this.
  4. Stevie Amsterdam

Stevie Amsterdam Active Member

True, but we have to deal with hen parties from Brittish girls every night:
    blackpool_when+in+rome+book.jpg

The Empress Lilly and Sir_Cliff like this.
  5. The Empress Lilly

The Empress Lilly Well-Known Member

Do they just not know how to ride them or are they doing unspeakable things with (or even to!) those bikes? :eek:

Sir_Cliff likes this.
  6. Stevie Amsterdam

Stevie Amsterdam Active Member

Both, I'm afraid. Then again anyone that's not accustomed to riding a bike has problems with it after a few beers ;)

Sir_Cliff likes this.
  7. Donald Dutch

Donald Dutch Active Member

The Christmas Parade soft-opened today, premiering the new soundtrack. Also, Horace Horsecollar was added to the float of Clarabelle, Max and Pluto. Personally I was hoping for a more 'Christmassy' soundtrack, like the parades in the US, which also have a special music score for each unit. Unfortunately, we again have one song playing on repeat.

Video: KevRides on Youtube

brb1006 likes this.
  8. Robbiem

Robbiem Active Member

That's a really good point using marvel and differentiating DLP from Florida could b good for the UK and presumably other European markets. It could be relatively cheap as you could share development costs with the Hong Kong ride plans. Guardians, ant man the avengers and iron man rides would go a long way to bringing WSP up to spec and encouraging people to visit both resorts

UpAllNight likes this.
  9. Disneysea05

Disneysea05 Well-Known Member

I'm in Disneyland Paris right now, and so far I am enjoying the Christmas offerings.

Mickey's Big Band Christmas also debuted at Videopolis today. VERY similar to Tokyo DisneySea's Big Band Beat Christmas on a smaller scale, but still a great show!

cjkeating and brb1006 like this.
  10. wdrive

wdrive Well-Known Member

Interesting that it is the older Clarabelle and Horace

11. JDL30

JDL30 Well-Known Member

Dutch site claiming that Paris could be getting The Tron coaster

https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/863...annen-voor-spectaculaire-nieuwe-achtbaan.html

ENGLISH TRANSLATION
    Disneyland Paris is making plans for spectacular new roller coaster
    Today, 15:34. | Comments

There is a chance that Disneyland Paris will open a new roller coaster in a few years. Disney has requested an offer from the Dutch attraction builder Vekoma for the construction of a spectacular TRON rollercoaster in Disneyland Paris. That confirms different sources independently of Looopings.

The futuristic attraction would be a copy of TRON Lightcycle Power Run in Shanghai Disneyland, a covered launch racecourse where passengers are on cars. The top speed is over 95 kilometers per hour. The theme is based on Disney's 1982 and 2010 TRON movies.

In 2021 the American Disney Park Magic Kingdom in Florida opened the same ride. The attraction type is not entirely new. Since 2004 there is already a small motorbike launch coaster from Vekoma in the Limburg theme park Toverland.

Disneyland Paris was taken over by the US Walt Disney Company earlier this year. Until then, the resort was partly owned by private shareholders and a Saudi prince. Due to millions of losses and a complicated financial construction, large investments continued for many years. Now it seems slowly but surely.

Kev1982 likes this.
  12. croboy82

croboy82 Active Member

I read on a german site that part of the buy out so that Disney owns DLP again was that a Marvel attraction has to be built until 2024 so maybe DLP is getting a Marvel-themed attraction based on the Tron ride hm.

Or DLP will get two new rides (haha)

13. peep

peep Active Member

Disney and More seemed to suggest that the ride order is true but it'll be a different IP/theme so it probably will be for Marvel.

Quite excited, I just hope we get a few more rides in the next few years as well as the coaster.

14. UpAllNight

UpAllNight Well-Known Member

I think it’s a certainty that Tower will become Guardians

2024 is a ridiculous wait though for a coaster. It’s a building with a Vekoma bike coaster and a bit of set decoration...not the kind of thing that requires 6 years of planning, designing and building. Come on Disney.

15. Jones14

Jones14 Well-Known Member

I’m wondering if it is just a ‘has to be built by 2024’, rather than a ‘we’re building this to open in 2024’. If it’s the former, it could open anywhere from 2021 onward (assuming it takes as long as TRON).

UpAllNight likes this.