MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Brummyboy92

Just got home from a 4 day trip to DisneyLand Paris, not been since pre Tower of Terror, so quite a while back. Was quite young when I last went though, so quite difficult to compare it, but I can compare it to California and Orlando as I've more recent experience. Still really impressed with the Magic Kingdom Park, the castle, the dragon, my favourite Space Mountain and my favourite Big Thunder Mountain. So much to love about the park, and the weather was beautiful which was of course a massive bonus. Paris Magic Kingdom is deffinatly a gem in the Disney portfolio, I even loved the HyperSpace Mountain retheme, added a new element of suprise. Great all round.

Studios, meh. Toy Story Land was really well thought out, Ratatouille area was beautiful, lovely market stalls, a real taste of Paris...in....well Paris. Ride itself was above average, not spectacular, but very different if you've never experienced a ride like that, will make a great addition to Epcot. Rest of the park, jeez, what an absolute mess. It needs sorting, and fast. You could easily do the park in half a day, and if it wasnt for the stunt show, we would have left after 1 in the afternoon. So left the studios feeling more dissapointed than impressed.

The Village seemed quite lively, World of Disney Store is INCREDIBLE. Such a stunning building inside, and despite it being rammed, due to the structure being so high, it never felt cramped. And with Oktoberfest on, there was a real nice buzz about the place, very impressed.

Onto the topic though, there are deffiantly massive changes needed. Whilst I love the Magic Kingdom Park, not much has changed in quite some time. Deffinate things need changing are, Indiana Jones needs replacing with either the real attraction or something else. Get rid of the Casey Jr coaster and the boat ride, replace it with Seven Dwarves Mine Train. Futher down the line I beleive that Splash Mountain would be suitable, I know the arguments been done to death regarding the weather, but I think it would be popular.

As for the Studios, well God knows, its a mess overall, Studio Tram Tour is rubbish, scrap it and free up some room. Id say add extra theming to Toon Studio, make it feel more enclosed. Areosmith area, maybe have it as a Special Effects studio, again would need more theming. Marvel rumor being thrown about sounds awesome, not a half a***d job though, a large area with some unique attractions. Then I'd go as far as to say expand Toy Story Land, and consider a full sized Avatar Land. Massive amounts of money would need to be thrown into this park, and it needs to take priority over the Magic Kingdom.

And the Village, it seems to be on the right track, dont really think anymore needs to be added in the near future. Although Planet Hollywood is still crap.

Sorry for the long comment, but I, like everyone on here have all the solutions. ;)

Lets hope we begin to here some amazing things for the resort over the coming months.

Stevie Amsterdam

DLP Guide says Phantom Manor will close from January until September (!) of 2018. Sounds like a major refurb if true.
If true, the timing would be horrible. That's the better part of the 25th anniversary :confused: Makes me think if they actually going to do a refurbishment (repairing stuff, maintenance, etc) or make it something completely different. I hope not, Phantom Manor is my favorite Haunted Mansion!

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
If true, the timing would be horrible. That's the better part of the 25th anniversary :confused: Makes me think if they actually going to do a refurbishment (repairing stuff, maintenance, etc) or make it something completely different. I hope not, Phantom Manor is my favorite Haunted Mansion!

The 25th Anniversary was this year, so I don't think it being closed next year is bad for that reason. Neither Space Mountain or Pirates were open on April 12th. The September reopening is bad for summer crowds, though. No high capacity omnimover to help meet demand there, but if it's worth the wait, DLP fans shouldn't mind too much.

Stevie Amsterdam

The 25th Anniversary was this year, so I don't think it being closed next year is bad for that reason. Neither Space Mountain or Pirates were open on April 12th. The September reopening is bad for summer crowds, though. No high capacity omnimover to help meet demand there, but if it's worth the wait, DLP fans shouldn't mind too much.
I thought anniversaries, especially a 25th or 50th, usually take longer than 12 months? It wouldn't surprise me if the 25th anniversary at DLP lasts untill fall / winter 2018

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
I'd like to see the addition of the Carriage House / Barn to the queue, as was the original plan:

maque.jpg

PM2.jpg

The Empress Lilly

PM looked to be in fine state? What are they up to?

I don't foresee any major changes, on a hunch. Just the final FL attraction to get the top to bottom tlc job then? Gotta love it, they are not going about the restauration of DLP in any half hearted manner!

The Empress Lilly

Just got home from a 4 day trip to DisneyLand Paris, not been since pre Tower of Terror, so quite a while back. Was quite young when I last went though, so quite difficult to compare it, but I can compare it to California and Orlando as I've more recent experience. Still really impressed with the Magic Kingdom Park, the castle, the dragon, my favourite Space Mountain and my favourite Big Thunder Mountain. So much to love about the park, and the weather was beautiful which was of course a massive bonus. Paris Magic Kingdom is deffinatly a gem in the Disney portfolio, I even loved the HyperSpace Mountain retheme, added a new element of suprise. Great all round.

Studios, meh. Toy Story Land was really well thought out, Ratatouille area was beautiful, lovely market stalls, a real taste of Paris...in....well Paris. Ride itself was above average, not spectacular, but very different if you've never experienced a ride like that, will make a great addition to Epcot. Rest of the park, jeez, what an absolute mess. It needs sorting, and fast. You could easily do the park in half a day, and if it wasnt for the stunt show, we would have left after 1 in the afternoon. So left the studios feeling more dissapointed than impressed.

The Village seemed quite lively, World of Disney Store is INCREDIBLE. Such a stunning building inside, and despite it being rammed, due to the structure being so high, it never felt cramped. And with Oktoberfest on, there was a real nice buzz about the place, very impressed.

Onto the topic though, there are deffiantly massive changes needed. Whilst I love the Magic Kingdom Park, not much has changed in quite some time. Deffinate things need changing are, Indiana Jones needs replacing with either the real attraction or something else. Get rid of the Casey Jr coaster and the boat ride, replace it with Seven Dwarves Mine Train. Futher down the line I beleive that Splash Mountain would be suitable, I know the arguments been done to death regarding the weather, but I think it would be popular.

As for the Studios, well God knows, its a mess overall, Studio Tram Tour is rubbish, scrap it and free up some room. Id say add extra theming to Toon Studio, make it feel more enclosed. Areosmith area, maybe have it as a Special Effects studio, again would need more theming. Marvel rumor being thrown about sounds awesome, not a half a***d job though, a large area with some unique attractions. Then I'd go as far as to say expand Toy Story Land, and consider a full sized Avatar Land. Massive amounts of money would need to be thrown into this park, and it needs to take priority over the Magic Kingdom.

And the Village, it seems to be on the right track, dont really think anymore needs to be added in the near future. Although Planet Hollywood is still crap.

Sorry for the long comment, but I, like everyone on here have all the solutions. ;)

Lets hope we begin to here some amazing things for the resort over the coming months.
I'll take my Storybook Canal Ride over Dwarf!

No Name

Coco Manor sounds like a great attraction, done't? I say that with no inside knowledge. Just a weird, weird feeling.

Also interesting how every Haunted Mansion ride built since Walt's passing looks haunted from the outside (except Mystic Manor, which doesn't really count). I still think Disneyland's exterior works best being nice and shiny rather than old and dilapidated.

The Empress Lilly

Coco Manor sounds like a great attraction, done't? I say that with no inside knowledge. Just a weird, weird feeling.

Also interesting how every Haunted Mansion ride built since Walt's passing looks haunted from the outside (except Mystic Manor, which doesn't really count). I still think Disneyland's exterior works best being nice and shiny rather than old and dilapidated.
Yes it does work best!

I know Walt's influence is overplayed, and that he is idolised and sentimentslised.

But Walt was a genius. An actual one. I do not know of anybody his equal in understanding the effect a movie or themed environment has on the spectator. Just about all of Walt's intuitive decisions were correct. (He never got a chance to practise theme parks, and didn't have the experience we have now. In fact, he pretty much wrote the book). In sixty years time nobody has managed to top his DL design, his castle parks the most visited parks by far on all civilised continents.

peep

Really excited about the Phantom Manor refurb after what they've achieved with Pirates. The mirror scene at the end has been broken for at least a few years now (out of sync with the cars) so to see that fixed alone would be fab.

Phantom also has the best exterior, has such an iconic look to it.

Daveeeeed

The Phantom Manor Refurb is almost surely going to be an update like the other Mansions have received. Phantom Manor is unique with its story, which really places it above the others, but the technology is dated.

cjkeating

Really excited about the Phantom Manor refurb after what they've achieved with Pirates. The mirror scene at the end has been broken for at least a few years now (out of sync with the cars) so to see that fixed alone would be fab.

Phantom also has the best exterior, has such an iconic look to it.

FYI the mirror scene at the end was fixed (for at least) a year if not longer, Phantom moves and is in sync. :)

The only noticeable broken effect (I am sure there are some that I've never seen working like I discovered after the POTC refurb) are the 'eyes' in the wallpaper do not all light up.

cjkeating

PM is the last major attraction to not have a top to bottom refurb. It looks like next year DLP are going to move on to secondary attractions that haven't had any work done such as Dumbo, Tea Cups and Casey Junior. After that I think the only attraction that hasn't seen a proper refurb (and needs it) is Orbitron which I would imagine is going to happen late next year.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
If they're going to build Star Wars next to Frontierland a la California, can we get some of that fancy rockwork, waterfalls and extra animals along the Rivers of the Far West too?

AndyS2992

Star Wars: Galaxy Edge is the more likely rumour.
Sounds about right, though surely it would be a better idea to convert Discoveryland in to Star Wars land no? Given that's where Star Tours, Jedi Academy, Path of the Jedi and Hyperspace Mountain are located. They also just spent a ton of money refurbishing and updating Star Tours, doesn't make sense. But then again this is Disney we are talking about. I'd still prefer Splash, gonna have to start begging.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom