MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

croboy82

They would be really stupid to put SWGE into DLP instead of WDS. So hopefully not.

Not surprised about ToT turning into Guardians in Paris too but still sad :( At least that slightly confirms a Marvel themed section coming there otherwise it doesn't really make sense either.

Daveeeeed

They would be really stupid to put SWGE into DLP instead of WDS. So hopefully not.

Not surprised about ToT turning into Guardians in Paris too but still sad :( At least that slightly confirms a Marvel themed section coming there otherwise it doesn't really make sense either.
Problem is with that though is that it is in the center of WDS, so unlike in DCA it HAS to be tied to Hollywood. It's been known for a while that a Marvel land was in the works though. But what's crazier of all of this is WDS' problem is not the rides: it actually has a high-quality E-ticket lineup. The problem is the place has 6 flags level theming. Once they address that, the park will have great potential to be a great park. It's impossible for it to be the best or one of the best, but it can be the best theme park besides DLPP in Europe if they try.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
There is no obvious space for SW:GE or anything of size back there, a DLP insider says it is a height test for a crane doing work on the Chaparral Theatre.

Simple enough explanation . Generally speaking, a height balloon behind Frontierland wouldn't necessarily be for any possible future construction in Disneyland Park as Catastrophe Canyon is steps away from the Rivers of the Far West. Could be checking to see how WDSP construction could affect the sight lines of Frontierland.

Daveeeeed

Frontierland from Big Thunder Mountain's load area to Phantom Manor is personally the best land I have ever stepped foot in, but the west side of it (from BTM's queue to the train station) was obviously part of future planned expansion areas.

A Splash Mountain where you only get wet in the Summer (still featuring big drops) would be brilliant. That area should really be made into Critter Country.

Over at the Studios:
A Marvel Land + Mini Pixar lands that together form a Pixar Land + a Star Wars Land as a much later phase would be smart. Europe likes Star Wars a lot, but it is only in the US & Brittan that it is mind boggling popular. There are tons of huge Star Wars fans in countries like Germany still, it just isn't loved quite as universally if you know what I mean.

Having a rethemed Hollywood themed Main Street that goes past the Backlot Tour entrance should happen. It would be a proper opening act. Studio 1 is fine as an entrance plaza type thing, but I worry about its sightlines. An indoor Toontown with Duckburg would be beyond popular. Donald Duck is super popular in neighbor Germany so it would be a very very wise decision.

A Nemo mini-land with perhaps a Sea Lion exhibit would be great too. Water is in dire need in the park. Every building except for Tot & Rat needs to have complete exterior replacements. 100% of the original building facades were done on the extreme cheap.
TSMM would also be a fantastic addition

Bottom line is Everything needs to be redone. I mean everything. DCA redo times 4. Although the park is tiny, renovations shouldn't be too costly, but the problem is the amount of changing in the walkways, and new buildings replacing facades that would need to happen

AndyS2992

New crossdressing Goofy seems to be causing a stir..
DMRGfKTVAAADwfp.jpg

Concept art for new character Christmas outfits. A lot of people will probably initially think that it's Goofy's girlfriend or something lol

cjkeating

Frontierland from Big Thunder Mountain's load area to Phantom Manor is personally the best land I have ever stepped foot in, but the west side of it (from BTM's queue to the train station) was obviously part of future planned expansion areas.

A Splash Mountain where you only get wet in the Summer (still featuring big drops) would be brilliant. That area should really be made into Critter Country.

Over at the Studios:
A Marvel Land + Mini Pixar lands that together form a Pixar Land + a Star Wars Land as a much later phase would be smart. Europe likes Star Wars a lot, but it is only in the US & Brittan that it is mind boggling popular. There are tons of huge Star Wars fans in countries like Germany still, it just isn't loved quite as universally if you know what I mean.

Having a rethemed Hollywood themed Main Street that goes past the Backlot Tour entrance should happen. It would be a proper opening act. Studio 1 is fine as an entrance plaza type thing, but I worry about its sightlines. An indoor Toontown with Duckburg would be beyond popular. Donald Duck is super popular in neighbor Germany so it would be a very very wise decision.

A Nemo mini-land with perhaps a Sea Lion exhibit would be great too. Water is in dire need in the park. Every building except for Tot & Rat needs to have complete exterior replacements. 100% of the original building facades were done on the extreme cheap.
TSMM would also be a fantastic addition

Bottom line is Everything needs to be redone. I mean everything. DCA redo times 4. Although the park is tiny, renovations shouldn't be too costly, but the problem is the amount of changing in the walkways, and new buildings replacing facades that would need to happen

I completely agree. You didn't mention GOTG
New crossdressing Goofy seems to be causing a stir..
DMRGfKTVAAADwfp.jpg

Concept art for new character Christmas outfits. A lot of people will probably initially think that it's Goofy's girlfriend or something lol

He doesn't beat Maleficent Donald.

peep

Came across this interesting article in french (just google translate it) that speaks about a 3rd park and new hotel:

www.hellodisneyland.com/actualites/3e-parc-whats-next-euro-disney-val-deurope/

That's an interesting article, I don't think any of this is news but I don't think I've seen a model of the convention centre before or the 3rd park location pointed out.

I'm not a fan of the style of Art of Animation hotel and I think it's hilarious the writer thinks it'll be more affordable, I'd say it'd be about the same or more than Cheyenne or Santa Fe. It all just feels so far away too so I find it hard to get excited about.

I like a good park based rumour though and it sounds like things will certainly be happening at the Studios. After riding Guardians in California I'm coming to the terms of Paris getting it as a good thing. The exterior is atrocious but at least the ride experience is superior and the IP is very popular, should bring a crazy amount of people to the park.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Rumour round-up:

- Hotel New York will close October 2018 and reopen in 2020 (no month known yet)

- Mission: BREAKOUT work will start in March, ride will close from September 2018 until March 2019 [ED92]

- Phantom Manor refurb will focus on facade, and include tech upgrades inside + adding Bride to load staircase "and more" [ED92]

peep

Over a year for Hotel New York is a really long time. Intrigued to see how much changes.

Very excited for Guardians and Phantom updates. Hopefully with Phantom we get some nice surprises like we got with Pirates.

The Empress Lilly

What do you get when you turn the area between Paris and Disneyland into a third world ghetto? You get, surprise, third world ghetto antics:

Again a tourist bus violently robbed. Forty Chinese tourists brutally robbed by a gang of four armed bandits, in Val-de-marne right near DLP:
http://m.leparisien.fr/faits-divers...r-de-touristes-chinois-03-11-2017-7371750.php

The big elephant in the room for DLP is that half of Paris is a no-go zone that is no longer European. The same elephant that has also been eroding Parisian tourism in general.

UpAllNight

Paris attracts a lot of people form the UK...they need to work on making DLP different enough to WDW so that people like myself can justify a trip to DLP, and not just head off to WDW all of the time. There’s actually some good deals available for relatively cheap trips to DLP, but it doesn’t excite like WDW.

And this is why they should be throwing everything at Marvel. It’s predictable, yes, but it’s something they can’t fully offer in Florida, and would certainly peak attention (if we have to go down the IP route)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom