MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Stevie Amsterdam

Indeed, but we are not under the impression they are the same thing.

The issue is the troubled areas north, east and south of Paris, some if which crossed and visited by tourists. There is no such thing as armed gangs robbing touring cars in London, Amsterdam or Frankfurt.
True, but we have to deal with hen parties from Brittish girls every night:
blackpool_when+in+rome+book.jpg

Donald Dutch

The Christmas Parade soft-opened today, premiering the new soundtrack. Also, Horace Horsecollar was added to the float of Clarabelle, Max and Pluto. Personally I was hoping for a more 'Christmassy' soundtrack, like the parades in the US, which also have a special music score for each unit. Unfortunately, we again have one song playing on repeat.

Video: KevRides on Youtube

Robbiem

Paris attracts a lot of people form the UK...they need to work on making DLP different enough to WDW so that people like myself can justify a trip to DLP, and not just head off to WDW all of the time. There’s actually some good deals available for relatively cheap trips to DLP, but it doesn’t excite like WDW.

And this is why they should be throwing everything at Marvel. It’s predictable, yes, but it’s something they can’t fully offer in Florida, and would certainly peak attention (if we have to go down the IP route)

That's a really good point using marvel and differentiating DLP from Florida could b good for the UK and presumably other European markets. It could be relatively cheap as you could share development costs with the Hong Kong ride plans. Guardians, ant man the avengers and iron man rides would go a long way to bringing WSP up to spec and encouraging people to visit both resorts

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I'm in Disneyland Paris right now, and so far I am enjoying the Christmas offerings.

Mickey's Big Band Christmas also debuted at Videopolis today. VERY similar to Tokyo DisneySea's Big Band Beat Christmas on a smaller scale, but still a great show!

wdrive

The Christmas Parade soft-opened today, premiering the new soundtrack. Also, Horace Horsecollar was added to the float of Clarabelle, Max and Pluto. Personally I was hoping for a more 'Christmassy' soundtrack, like the parades in the US, which also have a special music score for each unit. Unfortunately, we again have one song playing on repeat.

Video: KevRides on Youtube

Interesting that it is the older Clarabelle and Horace

JDL30

Dutch site claiming that Paris could be getting The Tron coaster

https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/863...annen-voor-spectaculaire-nieuwe-achtbaan.html

ENGLISH TRANSLATION
Disneyland Paris is making plans for spectacular new roller coaster
Today, 15:34. | Comments

There is a chance that Disneyland Paris will open a new roller coaster in a few years. Disney has requested an offer from the Dutch attraction builder Vekoma for the construction of a spectacular TRON rollercoaster in Disneyland Paris. That confirms different sources independently of Looopings.

The futuristic attraction would be a copy of TRON Lightcycle Power Run in Shanghai Disneyland, a covered launch racecourse where passengers are on cars. The top speed is over 95 kilometers per hour. The theme is based on Disney's 1982 and 2010 TRON movies.

In 2021 the American Disney Park Magic Kingdom in Florida opened the same ride. The attraction type is not entirely new. Since 2004 there is already a small motorbike launch coaster from Vekoma in the Limburg theme park Toverland.

Disneyland Paris was taken over by the US Walt Disney Company earlier this year. Until then, the resort was partly owned by private shareholders and a Saudi prince. Due to millions of losses and a complicated financial construction, large investments continued for many years. Now it seems slowly but surely.

croboy82

I read on a german site that part of the buy out so that Disney owns DLP again was that a Marvel attraction has to be built until 2024 so maybe DLP is getting a Marvel-themed attraction based on the Tron ride hm.

Or DLP will get two new rides (haha)

peep

Disney and More seemed to suggest that the ride order is true but it'll be a different IP/theme so it probably will be for Marvel.

Quite excited, I just hope we get a few more rides in the next few years as well as the coaster.

UpAllNight

I think it’s a certainty that Tower will become Guardians

2024 is a ridiculous wait though for a coaster. It’s a building with a Vekoma bike coaster and a bit of set decoration...not the kind of thing that requires 6 years of planning, designing and building. Come on Disney.

Jones14

I think it’s a certainty that Tower will become Guardians

2024 is a ridiculous wait though for a coaster. It’s a building with a Vekoma bike coaster and a bit of set decoration...not the kind of thing that requires 6 years of planning, designing and building. Come on Disney.
I’m wondering if it is just a ‘has to be built by 2024’, rather than a ‘we’re building this to open in 2024’. If it’s the former, it could open anywhere from 2021 onward (assuming it takes as long as TRON).

Donald Dutch

ED92.org has published some information about the first hard ticket New Year's Eve Party that is happening this year. The highlight of this evening will be the Incredible New Year's Eve Parade, with floats from Disney's Stars 'n' Cars, Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade, Disney Magic on Parade and the current Disney Stars on Parade. We might also see some floats from the Swing in to Spring, Halloween and Christmas parades. In total, the Incredible New Year's Eve Parade should be an hour long trip down memory lane, using Disneyland Paris Parade songs of the past like “Just like we Dreamed It” to “All Around the World” and of course, “Magic Everywhere”.

In the same article (with some cool backstage photos of the first rehearsal for the Incredible New Year's Eve Parade) it is revealed that the Dreams of Romance / Magic Everywhere float from both Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade and Disney Magic on Parade is being reworked to create some more magic very soon. With this, I think we now know which float the Princesses will get next year in the Stars on Parade float.
Disney-Once-Upon-a-Dream-Parade-Disneyland-Paris-29.jpg

dlp-disneymagiconparade-09.jpg

Image sources: www.dlptoday.com and www.discoverthemagic.nl.
It was earlier announced by ED92 that the new Princess float would be modelled after a carrousel.

jrhwdw

ED92.org has published some information about the first hard ticket New Year's Eve Party that is happening this year. The highlight of this evening will be the Incredible New Year's Eve Parade, with floats from Disney's Stars 'n' Cars, Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade, Disney Magic on Parade and the current Disney Stars on Parade. We might also see some floats from the Swing in to Spring, Halloween and Christmas parades. In total, the Incredible New Year's Eve Parade should be an hour long trip down memory lane, using Disneyland Paris Parade songs of the past like “Just like we Dreamed It” to “All Around the World” and of course, “Magic Everywhere”.

In the same article (with some cool backstage photos of the first rehearsal for the Incredible New Year's Eve Parade) it is revealed that the Dreams of Romance / Magic Everywhere float from both Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade and Disney Magic on Parade is being reworked to create some more magic very soon. With this, I think we now know which float the Princesses will get next year in the Stars on Parade float.
Disney-Once-Upon-a-Dream-Parade-Disneyland-Paris-29.jpg

dlp-disneymagiconparade-09.jpg

Image sources: www.dlptoday.com and www.discoverthemagic.nl.
It was earlier announced by ED92 that the new Princess float would be modelled after a carrousel.
Correct me if I'm wrong but in past new years... they just did a Stars N Cars parade? This parade looks to be on the same level as the April 12th Spectacular! Which is Fantastic!!!!! This looks like the new Countdown Parade now that TDL doesn't do them anymore(without the countdown it looks like) Maybe DLP will live stream the parade?
Hopefully , the new Princess float will have room for dancing! Are the couples already in Stars On Parade going on that or will more be added?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom