• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

BrianLo

People actually care and want the Aerosmith theme to stay?

I swear the nostalgia goggles blind people - if they tried to pull off Rocking Roller coaster today without past context we'd all be screaming bloody murder. Iron Man makes waaaaaayyyyyy more sense.

Advertisement

I swear the nostalgia goggles blind people - if they tried to pull off Rocking Roller coaster today without past context we'd all be screaming bloody murder. Iron Man makes waaaaaayyyyyy more sense.
RnRC is pathetic and even moreso at WDS, where the "facade" has all of the quality of a late 90s Six Flags Magic Mountain ride. As much as I prefer new attractions to overlays, this can't be anything but a win.

I enjoy RnRC in itself. It is not more sparsely and abstractly themed than telling people they are flying through space by putting a roof over a coaster and projecting stars on the ceiling.

But at least at DHS they make some sort of effort, and the thing makes some sort of sense.

At WDSP that entire half of the park is ugly. And even by that low standard, the façade of RnRC stands out for crassness. Like a cheap 90s carnival frequented by bikers and the local youths. A thrill ride / action movie vibe, with deliberate ugliness. Good riddance to all of that.

But I don't care for Marvel movies, so not much of a win here for me. In my perfect world, they would've just left RnRC and CinéMagique, replaced Armageddon and LMA, and gave the area a DCA-like placemaking overhaul that are not Marvel or Pixar Lands.

Guys, don't worry, Armageddon is living its last months ! And according to reliable source a new ride will be build.
Less reliable source say that Backlot transformation will be complete in 2024.
A new era is beginning in Disneyland Paris and it's such a great time for us the french fans !
This overlay is just the first step to a complete Marvel Land.