MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

cjkeating

No lap bars at Hong Kong, it's similar in style to Pirates of the Caribbean boats and Small World with no restraints. Sounds like DLP are wanting to make sure no one can jump out of the boat or to avoid any other incidents
Interesting. Just assumed they did as I am sure I had seen the boat model for HK with lap bars unless I got them confused with the Tokyo version.

Absimilliard

No lap bars at Hong Kong, it's similar in style to Pirates of the Caribbean boats and Small World with no restraints. Sounds like DLP are wanting to make sure no one can jump out of the boat or to avoid any other incidents

Incorrect, as Lap bars are present on Frozen Ever After at Hong Kong Disneyland. The same ones, which were created originally in the 1990s by Intamin for Escape from Pompeii at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, will also be present in Paris.

mrflo

Now that regular fans & guests have been staying at the new Disneyland Hotel for a month, I was curious to see what the current feedback is. I think we saw similar issues with the Marvel hotel directly after its opening. But an average 3 out of 5 review stars at Tripadvisor does not really look like a successful opening month to me: Tripadvisor: Disneyland Hotel

At least most people praise the new decor and mainly complain about the poor service. For example, some guests had to wait until around 5pm to have their rooms ready and waited ages for their luggage being delivered. At least this is something that DLP should be able to fix very quickly. Others say that it lost some of its magic and is not worth the price.

For the one that are already planning a stay, I am curious to read your trip reports and impressions as well. Hopefully by that time service will have improved significantly.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For example, some guests had to wait until around 5pm to have their rooms ready
It would appear a sizeable amount of the hotel, and rooms, wasn’t finished. Not the first time somethings been rushed to open.

Regarding price, I dare say it’s more about location and reputation rather than what’s on offer. Will let you know. But there again we didn’t think New York AOM was worth the rack rate.

cjkeating

Hopefully they’re still under guarantee. Though one of the replies also says the LED mesh has recently been removed too.

I wonder if the company who built the new turret has built a replacement that will be swapped over one night? I think the fix here is more than just repainting the tiles, it feels like the tiles they used are defective?

fradz

Hopefully they’re still under guarantee. Though one of the replies also says the LED mesh has recently been removed too.

Can confirm that they removed LED mesh off that tower fairly recently. At night it actually doesn't look as bad as during the day with the currently lighting package. My picture from Saturday:

Attachments

• IMG_20240226_123456.jpg
    IMG_20240226_123456.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 51

cjkeating

Trial for a 2nd showing of Dreams! March 3-9.

Additional show will be at 1930 versus usual park closing of 2200. No fireworks or drones at 1930 so Fantasyland will remain open as normal.

Very much targeting families with young children (who complain about having to stay to park close) or day trippers who have to leave early.

Also seeing it described as a capacity management tool to be used during the summer but unsure how that would work when it gets dark much later.

cjkeating

I’m hoping it turns out better than the renders.

Just to add some context, this rendering is only showing the facade changes on the left hand side as this is what the permit is for. The right hand side buildings, all the floor etc. is all what is currently there. These permit renderings also always look more bland with basic finishes and decorative elements missing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom