Magic Kingdom park-wide buyout on Oct 22

nickys

Premium Member
Agree to disagree. For a company that requires their guests to plan at minimum 180 days, nearly every detail is ironed out 60 days prior to their trip, including ADR’s, fast passes, shows, fireworks etc. We like to park hop and base many of my decisions off park hours that are posted 30 days. Let’s be honest, you and most of the human population would be a little irked no?

It was posted as of mid August, before the 60 day mark.

mergatroid

Yeah, it doesn't work out. Whats the minimum number of CMs needed to staff the park? 4000? 5000? Take 4000. 4 hour event. Thats 16000 hours. Even at $10/hr, thats $160,000. Disney isn't closing the park for $40k.

If its not the entire park available, different story, the number of CMs goes down. But the number is probably north of $500,000.

Where's that figure from, it seems excessively high?

jprieur

I don’t have much of a problem with Disney allowing a private event, but to do so during a week where MK already closes more than a handful of times for a tickets event means that those staying this week only have 1 evening at MK in the evening hours with normal tickets.

Again, allow it, but maybe have some level of restrictions during heavy party weeks for to allow those already paying customers to spend non daylight hours in your most popular and visited park. You are charging them full price, give them at least a modicum of the full experience. For that week Sunday, Monday and Tuesday are Park closes at 6. 3 days in a row??? Really?

Lilofan

I don’t have much of a problem with Disney allowing a private event, but to do so during a week where MK already closes more than a handful of times for a tickets event means that those staying this week only have 1 evening at MK in the evening hours with normal tickets.

Again, allow it, but maybe have some level of restrictions during heavy party weeks for to allow those already paying customers to spend non daylight hours in your most popular and visited park. You are charging them full price, give them at least a modicum of the full experience. For that week Sunday, Monday and Tuesday are Park closes at 6. 3 days in a row??? Really?
Companies must be doing well financially and want to celebrate their successes at WDW. Can't blame them. And if they bring the family with them then it is a working vacation.

Ojo4

Park buyouts are very profitable for Disney and Universal, there is a reason Universal is designing its new theme park in Orlando around catering to hosting private events.

MrMcDuck

Surprisingly only around 200k which is nothing for most companies.

No, no, no, I see this number quoted a lot, but that's for a wedding AFTER normal park hours. You don't get them to close down the park just for you for only $180,000. The point to the offering is that you get a great nighttime carriage ride down Main Street to the castle and get a special ceremony in the park with only your wedding guests. It's a dream Disney wedding, but it's only just a wedding.

The event being discussed in this thread takes place during hours that would otherwise be normal park hours or a Halloween party. That + all attractions and food being available + fireworks show is going to be in the millions.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Do you make plans 60 days before travel? Didn’t think so...

Of course not. But at the same time, I book any must-do ADRs at 180 days, and then only really start planning day by day much nearer to the 60 day mark.

However, let me to refresh your memory of what you said:

.......nearly every detail is ironed out 60 days prior to their trip, including ADR’s, fast passes, shows, fireworks etc. We like to park hop and base many of my decisions off park hours that are posted 30 days.

First timers won’t realise there are Halloween parties in August - why would they even consider that possibility? Every year there are questions about “will I be able to watch the fireworks on a party night” from those planning their first visit around that time

But once you get towards booking FPs, you start checking park hours. And WDW very rarely cuts hours from that point onwards. Which they didn’t do here either.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Of course not. But at the same time, I book any must-do ADRs at 180 days, and then only really start planning day by day much nearer to the 60 day mark.

However, let me to refresh your memory of what you said:

First timers won’t realise there are Halloween parties in August - why would they even consider that possibility? Every year there are questions about “will I be able to watch the fireworks on a party night” from those planning their first visit around that time

But once you get towards booking FPs, you start checking park hours. And WDW very rarely cuts hours from that point onwards. Which they didn’t do here either.
I think you misread what I was saying but since you quoted me twice, the point I’m trying to convey is that by 60 days out all planning is done for the most part, rarely will you see people start planning 60 days out, so to me, this would be an unwelcome surprise.

Texas84

At the Grand Floridian, that's the only place I think that the valet parking park the exotic vehicles right in front of the lobby that guests drive and stay at the resort.
During my last stay at AKL there was a yellow Lamborghini parked outside the main entrance door the entire time. Guess being there someone can watch it 24x7.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom