Magic Kingdom No Longer to be Dry

M.rudolf

Really? DHS has had alchohol since opening. Yet there is no open carry there. So why do you think all of a sudden Disney has this hard-on for letting open container?

The only area on property where this is really open is Epcot World Showcase and the entertainment districts.
DHS does have open carry. They set up bars outside of the brown derby and in front of The prime time cafe they aren't set up all the time but they are open during high attendance

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Just as the US Constitution was designed to be flexible, it appears that the Disney (Magic Kingdom) Constitution is doing the same. The 1st Ammendment.... allowing CM's to have facial hair. Now comes the 2nd Ammendment.... allowing alcohol sales in the MK.

I for one, couldn't figure out how the BoG restaurant was going to be able to support all that high-end food without wine....I was quite perplexed. I find the addition of wine and beer completely acceptable. I'm hoping that this "experiment" eventually carries over to Tony's, which is desperate for a menu improvement. Maybe we'd even get a pirate restaurant in the old Adventureland Verrandah location and how about the once proposed Astronomer's Club for Tomorrowland. To round it out, a great steak house in Frontierland would be awesome.

Just my thoughts.....

I'm in. And hungry now too.

Kamikaze

What was the reason alcohol wasnt....hasnt been sold in MK till now? Why isnt that reason valid now? because we have to change? Change isnt always best you know.

Walt wanted it that way. Walt has been dead a very long time.

In California marijuana is legal....attitudes have changed....should we allow that in smoking areas?

Medicinal marijuana is legal with a valid prescription. Not recreational. Gigantic difference. The same is true in a lot of states now.

If it is ONLY going to be one resturant.....whats the point? Not everyone will be able to get in. Anyone who dosnt think this is just the begining of most resturants serveing alcohol is just kidding themselves. Me? I couldnt care less if they sell it or not.....I just dont see the point of doing it in the first place. What irkes me is the fact it is about the money....plain and simple.K did fine without it all these years. I dont think many guest said......I am not going to MK because they dont serve alcohol. The tooth paste is now out of the tube. Maybe not six months but within a short period of time alcohol will be served all over the park.

The other side of the argument: How many guests say 'I'm not going to Epcot because they serve alcohol!'? Probably the same number that don't go to MK because they don't.

John

Does the opening of the restaurant itself irk you? Because it's opening for no other reason than to make money. Just like everything else in the park(s) it's there to bring in revenue.

I think thats taking it a bit literal but ok.....no the exsistence of the resturtant dosnt bother me. But the reason for offering alcohol at the resurant in a park that didnt before just to make money does. My point was.....why did they not sell alcohol before and why is it different now? The reason is that reason dosnt matter anymore because the money is more important.

If your point was taken literally....then I should be against WDW....and Disney as a whole because they exsist just to make money.....SO your opinion is my point is just silly?

hth1917

I am totally in favor of this decision. If Be Our Guest is going to be a high-end fine-dining experience, especially a French-inspired one, wine is a must. Remember that when Walt opened Disneyland, only two decades had passed since the repeal of Prohibition. Attitudes toward drink, and toward food for that matter, were very, very different fifty years ago in America. We as a culture have evolved a more sophisticated palette since then, and those of us who value a really good meal would miss the opportunity to have a glass of good wine or a Trappist ale along with that meal.

bhg469

I really don't have a problem with this. I do wish they would have some signature cocktails as well. As for people worried about drunkenness, who the heck can afford enough drinks there to get silly? Heck my wallet is strained after 2.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I don't know that slang...

But I found the clothing, attitudes, trash, and mall-atmosphere of Main Street in Disneyland far more offensive than anything I might find on the dinner menu.
Sagging is where one wears their pants somewhere between your buttocks and knees and hobble around because you have to hold your pants up. I'm pretty sure he would not care for it just as he would not care for the decision to serve alcohol.

flynnibus

Premium Member
DHS does have open carry. They set up bars outside of the brown derby and in front of The prime time cafe they aren't set up all the time but they are open during high attendance

Hrm, but not all the places allow you to carry out. I seem to recall Studio Express for instance requiring consumption on premise. Are you sure they aren't just outside bars?

M.rudolf

Hrm, but not all the places allow you to carry out. I seem to recall Studio Express for instance requiring consumption on premise. Are you sure they aren't just outside bars?
Positive the one by the derby is located right next to the smoking area and it's open carry no tables available.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Sagging is where one wears their pants somewhere between your buttocks and knees and hobble around because you have to hold your pants up. I'm pretty sure he would not care for it just as he would not care for the decision to serve alcohol.
I'm pretty sure Walt would not allow sagging in his parks...

But...

It's not like they opened a bar on Main Street...this is wine with a meal...BIG DIFFERENCE!

BigThunderMatt

I really don't have a problem with this. I do wish they would have some signature cocktails as well. As for people worried about drunkenness, who the heck can afford enough drinks there to get silly? Heck my wallet is strained after 2.

Right? These wine/beer selections are not going to be cheap. This isn't Hoop-Dee-Doo with pitchers people. We're talking by-the-glass in a semi-fine dining setting. And anybody who's ever had a wine hangover knows that getting drunk off of wine is a terrible idea.

John

To those of you who enjoy a drink with your dinner.....congrats....have at it. It really isnt an issue I am passionate about. More important things for me to fret over when it comes to WDW.

Just wonder how long it will be before we see drunks in MK on Youtube? So now MK can be like all the rest of the parks.....an equal opportunity to get drunk park.....yeahhhhhhh

flynnibus

Premium Member
Right? These wine/beer selections are not going to be cheap. This isn't Hoop-Dee-Doo with pitchers people. We're talking by-the-glass in a semi-fine dining setting. And anybody who's ever had a wine hangover knows that getting drunk off of wine is a terrible idea.

The beer isn't that expensive.. only 6.25 - 10.xx and plenty of wine choices under 15.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/me...ing/BeOurGuest/be-our-guest-menu-beverage.pdf

Prices rarely dictate drinking levels.. except we are talking binge drinking prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom