Magic Kingdom live updates- Monday, February 1st, 2010

need2go2wdw

I'm with tiaragirl on this one...I'm now VERY depressed that I am not there too :cry: Seeing pics of MK while someone is actually there makes it sooo much harder not to jump in the car and go! I want to be there so bad right now! I realize I am just a little psycho as I sit and study the people in the MSUSA pic and wonder what park they are all visiting today...Feb 26th CAN NOT come soon enough, I'm only sad that I won't be staying for long or visiting all the parks this round. Next round in May will be a different story :sohappy:! ARRRGGGG, why can't I live CLOSER?????

EPCOT Explorer

:brick:

If it were in EPCOT it'd win. It's in MK. It loses.
It's available all around. :shrug"

A nice-ish look at Market Street...
4324597515_257d53068e_o.jpg
I thought it was called Center Street?

Leaving the Magic Kingdom before SpectroMagic hits...
4325365066_5085c731bb_o.jpg

:lol: Love how the lights are on behind the scrims.

s8film40

Yep, I believe they use this as a dock for getting heavy equipment in and out of Bay Lake. Seen it used before when the GF was undergoing major outside building refurbishment.

They are using it now for the repairs of the ferry boat dock from the crash. The ferry has been closed every day during the non peak times.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Landing at MCO next Wednesday morning at 10:45 am for 13 nights at The World! This thread is just the appetizer for me.

Lord Pheonix

Anyone have any idea what this might be about?
4322674483_57511f3a60_o.jpg

this is a specialized heavy lift/transport barge. note the 2 columns on the end. these are one of 2 things. either strand jacks, (working the same way as a bottle jack except they have cables that loop over the top and connect to the bottom of the load to lift it) or, in this case, flipped upside down and jacked against the bottom to stabilize the barge and keep it from settleing into the bottom in situations where the water is shallower then the draft of the barge.

something heavy is either being loaded soon onto this or something recently came off.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
this is a specialized heavy lift/transport barge. note the 2 columns on the end. these are one of 2 things. either strand jacks, (working the same way as a bottle jack except they have cables that loop over the top and connect to the bottom of the load to lift it) or, in this case, flipped upside down and jacked against the bottom to stabilize the barge and keep it from settleing into the bottom in situations where the water is shallower then the draft of the barge.

something heavy is either being loaded soon onto this or something recently came off.

Maybe that piece of heavy equipment off to the right?

raven

This piece would be perfect if it weren't for "DISNEYWORLD" on the tombstone...
4325322666_7c53c9a8d2_o.jpg

It's by the artist named that did several pieces for Disneyland and the 40th of HM. A coworker of mine saw a week ago and found the pricetag: $16,000. When she asked a couple of CM's they thought it was a mistake but that was real price of the piece. When I went there on Saturday the pricetag was gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom