Magic Kingdom live updates- Monday, February 1st, 2010

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Hello all! Spending the day at the Magic Kingdom today, thought I might share with you what's going on around the park.

First up, some kind of dock construction on the Seven Seas Lagoon...
4323248492_00d280a463_o.jpg

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Obviously the first stage of a submarine pen, to accompany the missile silo under the castle....

Great shot though!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
From what I saw in December, I *think* it`s a way of shipping materials to the beach / wave defences of the GF. They look to be replacing the latter, and you can`t exactly move tonnes of earth and rocks through the GFs grounds on dumper trucks. Looks like they are moved around the back of Adland to the pier, then shipped across the lagoon to the resort coastline.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
From what I saw in December, I *think* it`s a way of shipping materials to the beach / wave defences of the GF. They look to be replacing the latter, and you can`t exactly move tonnes of earth and rocks through the GFs grounds on dumper trucks. Looks like they are moved around the back of Adland to the pier, then shipped across the lagoon to the resort coastline.

It does look like they're doing some work to the reefs along the lake. Maybe there's been some erosion issues along there that have to be addressed?

NewfieFan

I see new scrims on MSUSA! What's up?

And GREAT day on MSUSA...:eek:

I was going to ask the same thing! Did I see it mentioned in another thread that there was a scrim/tarp around the Ice Cream Parlor?

Is it just outside work?

I love the guidemap... that's the way they're supposed to look!

EPCOT Explorer

Work going on at the Exposition Gall and Railroad Station...
4323526838_5cbbe3ba69_o.jpg

Maybe for Mickey and Minnie's new MG?

And these pics are REALLY making miss MK and MSUSA. Love that area of the park. Such an awesome feeling to walk in to that Town Square and see such familiar and beautiful scenery. :eek:

tiaragirl

I just got mildly depressed at the realization that you are actually there RIGHT NOW.. and posting pictures.

Happy for you, very sad for me.

Exprcoofto

Maybe for Mickey and Minnie's new MG?

And these pics are REALLY making miss MK and MSUSA. Love that area of the park. Such an awesome feeling to walk in to that Town Square and see such familiar and beautiful scenery. :eek:

Yeah, too bad there are some trees missing up by the castle

:drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom