Magic Kingdom live updates- Monday, February 1st, 2010

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Checked my book...Yep. Center Street. What was in west, though, before the cupola?

I know the barber shop was back there, although I don't remember ever visiting it. I wish I had, I've heard it was a lot bigger and nicer back then (frakking Emporium). :(

I bet someone here has some nice pictures of that area...

I wonder where I'm getting Market Street now?

EPCOT Explorer

I know the barber shop was back there, although I don't remember ever visiting it. I wish I had, I've heard it was a lot bigger and nicer back then (frakking Emporium). :(

I bet someone here has some nice pictures of that area...

I wonder where I'm getting Market Street now?

The barber has moved, though, right?

Figment82

Oops, and here I always thought it was called "Flower Street" - I still refer to it as that. Remember it used to have the displays of flower carts? I have a great photo of my mom sitting in that area a long time ago.

EPCOT Explorer

Oops, and here I always thought it was called "Flower Street" - I still refer to it as that. Remember it used to have the displays of flower carts? I have a great photo of my mom sitting in that area a long time ago.

Ask, and you shall receive! :)

msctrst3.jpg

Lord Pheonix

Maybe that piece of heavy equipment off to the right?

i dont think so. although this is a small transport, that mobile crane is way to small to require a barge that size, they are moved around with a tractor-trailer flatbed with a lowboy trailer. its like using a wheelbarrow to move your cell phone. im not sure what that white thing is in front of the bow, if i were to guess judging by its perfectly perpendicular to the barge, id say its load mats, or plywood, (it really looks like plywood)enough to build a temp road somewhere to spread the weight of something being moved across it.

this appears to be on the empty portion of land between gf and mk, which means something either higher then the mono beams or wider then the narrowest road is being moved ONTO the barge to be transported the easiest way, across the lagoon, to the mk, ttc, wl, or any of the lakeside resorts. the mobile crane in the pic is there to assist in the movement of stack of plywood, pieces of whatever is being moved, etc. someone needs to keep an eye on this, because whatever it is that needs this type of specialized heavy transport barge is very post-worthy

Lord Pheonix

a few hours after writing the last post, it occured to me that this would be a perfect size to transport mono beams. since their cleaning the ones in epcot, maybe there are replacement ones going in in this area? it would make sence since the roads are considerably more congested now with signs, trees, bridges, lights, etc, then they were when the beams were originally installed.

just food for thought

JWG

Or is it?

No, no it's not. I actually don't even know who the heck that is...:lol:

Either way, he'd have been better than our guide.

The Ice Cream Parlor is open (to whomever asked about their trip in Feb.), the work is being done to the outside.

Also, possible that they are indeed replacing windows as part of this. Did the Backstage Magic Tour yesterday (hope to get around to a trip report about it, not revealing anything we're not supposed to but about the experience and where it goes). Anyway, reason I mention it, they did have some main street windows looking freshly done sitting in the paint shop. They appeared ready for show.

tirian

I think that's the existing side, no? There are still some potted plants and flowers around.

No, they just moved some pots across to the current Center Street.

I hate to say this, but the Emporium really did need to be expanded. Even on a relatively slow day, the shop fills fast. Unfortunately, Main Street is now a shopping mall. :brick:

Catch a glass blowing demonstration in the Crystal shop—it'll make you remember that MS, USA is indeed a "land."

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
I don't know how feasible it'd be, but it seems like there's plenty of space behind the shops to expand. :shrug:

tirian

I don't know how feasible it'd be, but it seems like there's plenty of space behind the shops to expand. :shrug:

Utilidoor entrances are directly behind the buildings. CMs would have to walk through the stores every time they needed to go downstairs.

I wish Main Street had covered arcades along the backs like DL Paris, but it couldn't happen without some serious infrastructure changes.

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Utilidoor entrances are directly behind the buildings. CMs would have to walk through the stores every time they needed to go downstairs.

I wish Main Street had covered arcades along the backs like DL Paris, but it couldn't happen without some serious infrastructure changes.

Oh, that's right. They could probably get away with building around that southernmost one, that gets blocked because of the parades sometimes, anyways.

EPCOT Explorer

No, they just moved some pots across to the current Center Street.

I hate to say this, but the Emporium really did need to be expanded. Even on a relatively slow day, the shop fills fast. Unfortunately, Main Street is now a shopping mall. :brick:

Catch a glass blowing demonstration in the Crystal shop—it'll make you remember that MS, USA is indeed a "land."
Ahh. Interesting. I'm glad we still have that side, at least. Such a nice little niche just to loose yourself in...or hide from the crowds.

Agree on the Emporium, but they could have done that without knocking down walls, or making it all one store. Technically.

DisneyMagic101

The Ice Cream Parlor is open (to whomever asked about their trip in Feb.), the work is being done to the outside.

That's great to hear! Wouldn't want to miss our ice cream treat on Main St.:)

officeboy

The barge looks like it has 2 rows of planks or plywood evenly spaced. Nearly the same spacing as the cranes tracks seen off the right. From the images I can't really tell what is piled around, but it makes sense to me you would load the crane on the barge, and then crane the work materials onto the same barge or another. Any any event, I agree that this appears to be a large project that warrants updates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom