Magic Key Renewals?

Californian Elitist

I totally understand where you're at. Our next Disney cruise may be our last for the foreseeable future, we want to explore other cruise lines since they offer a price point, even with the add-ins that Disney includes (like non-alcoholic beverages), that is very attractive. I'd like to visit the Uni parks again at some point. Tokyo is at the top of my bucket list. I'd like to visit London at some point. With the pricing push under Chapek (and I mean since 2015, not since 2020), Disney has pushed me to view their offerings as a non-priority now.

Disneyland Parc is gorgeous, BTW. It has a charm that rivals DL. I'm guessing you'll be happy that you visited.
I’m happy to hear that you’re exploring other options! Life is more than doing a bunch of Disney things all the time, every time. So many places and things to see and explore on this planet. No sense in limiting that to only Disney.

shambolicdefending

A logical and consistent conclusion to the latest annual pass saga. Another incremental move that increases costs and decreases benefits.

Updated, lawyer-friendly language and marketing. Plenty of things for the vloggers and message board junkies to discuss/whine about, and still a fantastic way for Disney addicts to give the company more of their money.

Everybody wins!

Axoman

I still think the APs are too cheap if these prices are accurate. I'm coming from the perspective of someone who doesn't live in California and has paid "full price" for the handful of trips I've had over the last 10 years.

shambolicdefending

I still think the APs are too cheap if these prices are accurate. I'm coming from the perspective of someone who doesn't live in California and has paid "full price" for the handful of trips I've had over the last 10 years.
As both a former AP and a current out-of-stater, I agree with you. But the limited reservation system decreases the value quite a bit without raising the price.

Stevek

SO MUCH FOR DREAMS

Also, what did the Dream Key entail?
1660663372380.png

Californian Elitist

Why should local passholders have to pay the same amount as out-of-towners? I’m no longer a passholder, but when I was, I had no concern about what non-passholders were paying.

Stevek

Disney could and should charge a lot more. I'd push the price up more than they did and start to figure out where the pain point is.

shambolicdefending

Why should local passholders have to pay the same amount as out-of-towners? I’m no longer a passholder, but when I was, I had no concern about what non-passholders were paying.
The point has never been about what people should "have to" pay. It's been about how the overall pricing strategy impacts the guest experience. Ultimately, it's Disney's decision to make, but there are some very good and reasonable arguments made that cheaper APs have a detrimental impact on the day-ticket tourists.

All available evidence suggests that Disney agrees with those arguments, at least generally.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm even more convinced now that the "Unfavorable Attendance Mix" comment was related not to the Keys themselves being in attendance but how Key Holders weren't purchasing Genie+ and LL when they did attend.

The 20% discount is to try and get that "Unfavorable Attendance Mix" back to a "Favorable Attendance Mix" by making it more worth it to Key holders to buy Genie+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom