Magic Key Renewals?

shambolicdefending

I'm even more convinced now that the "Unfavorable Attendance Mix" comment was related not to the Keys themselves being in attendance but how Key Holders weren't purchasing Genie+ and LL when they did attend.

The 20% discount is to try and get that "Unfavorable Attendance Mix" back to a "Favorable Attendance Mix" by making it more worth it to Key holders to buy Genie+.
A guest's favorability is simply a matter of how much they spend. On average, MKs have lower favorability, but there are obviously some big spenders in that group, as well.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm even more convinced now that the "Unfavorable Attendance Mix" comment was related not to the Keys themselves being in attendance but how Key Holders weren't purchasing Genie+ and LL when they did attend.

The 20% discount is to try and get that "Unfavorable Attendance Mix" back to a "Favorable Attendance Mix" by making it more worth it to Key holders to buy Genie+.

Meh - I think it's a simple trick to try to create the illusion of value and a fake compromise to the people who think APs should get all the things included.

It's nice to have a good attach rate metric for Genie+, but its still the $$/day stats that matter the most. Genie+ attach metrics are not going to be long term reporting metrics. They are doing it now to convince people they are having success with their new product and gels with their need of showing future revenue growth.

Th3 DUd3

I will only be curious on how fast the Imagine sells out. Imagine that….it being sold out the first day? Imagine all the people yelling that they couldn’t get one. My bet by 9/15 it will be sold out, if not sooner.

Vegas Disney Fan

Just confirms our decision not to renew.

We can only come weekends due to work so the break even point is now 15 days, easily done prior to reservations but barely done last year fighting the reservation calendar.

Guess we’re officially paying day guests now, rather than getting us in their hotels and restaurants 10 weekends a year they’ll likely get us for 3-4 next year.

The most troubling part is the G+ discount, our first trip after G+ was introduced was absolutely horrible, then the parks got better over time as fewer and fewer people kept using it. If the discount take it back to the horrible experience that was that first trip we’ll likely be done with DL altogether, that’s a sad thought.

mickEblu

We can only come weekends due to work so the break even point is now 15 days, easily done prior to reservations but barely done last year fighting the reservation calendar.

Guess we’re officially paying day guests now, rather than getting us in their hotels and restaurants 10 weekends a year they’ll likely get us for 3-4 next year.

The most troubling part is the G+ discount, our first trip after G+ was introduced was absolutely horrible, then the parks got better over time as fewer and fewer people kept using it. If the discount take it back to the horrible experience that was that first trip we’ll likely be done with DL altogether, that’s a sad thought.

I can’t imagine a 4$ discount will do much to sway Keys to buy Genie +. You either already see the value in it or not. And if they raise the price of Genie + before or during offering the discount they’ll probably lose even more people on the fence.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

According to your profile, you've been a member of this forum for 10 years.

That means you either already know the arguments and you're playing dumb, or you've miraculously managed to avoid this line of discussion for over a decade. Assuming the latter is true, I'll do you the favor of helping you to continue avoiding it.
Why don’t you just answer my question instead of giving lip?

Again, such as???? What specifically are you referring to?? I’m genuinely curious. If you don’t want to engage, then I’ll move on.

Stevek

This is enlightening. May be a great opportunity to broaden some folks horizons.

FDB51238-0B7D-4F20-8DF5-FB8655189AD7.jpeg

Vegas Disney Fan

I will only be curious on how fast the Imagine sells out. Imagine that….it being sold out the first day? Imagine all the people yelling that they couldn’t get one. My bet by 9/15 it will be sold out, if not sooner.

The FOMO angle is an interesting marketing scheme, my girlfriend was just asking if we should get the lowest pass (the one we can’t really use since we can only go weekends) just so we don’t get locked out of being APs.

She quickly realized how crazy that was but the “renewals only” angle is definitely a motivator.

CaptinEO

This is my issue too. I only want to go on weekends but I'd maybe visit 7 times a year. Theres nothing that makes sense for me to purchase. No way do I want to go to DL 15 times to get "value" on a pass.

No thanks!

Once a year holiday one day one park ticket it is. Now I will know to schedule it on a day all APs are blocked out.

Last edited:

shambolicdefending

Why don’t you just answer my question instead of giving lip?

Again, such as???? What specifically are you referring to?? I’m genuinely curious. If you don’t want to engage, then I’ll move on.
I was only be partly sarcastic. If you've really never delved into the AP vs. day ticket discussion before in 10 years, I genuinely recommend you don't start doing so now.

Stevek

It's a testimony of demand. I for one would rather go to Disneyland than these places (and I do when in SoCal) and apparently so do many other people.
Well Of course it is. Disneyland has always been able to charge a premium for a premium experience. All that being said, some folks enjoy other options

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom