Magic Key Renewals?

Stevek

This full price paying occasional visitor is finding it hard to dredge up any tears right now.
Quite honestly, nobody should be dredging up any tears. If anyone cries because they can't renew or they don't come back for a significant time period...well, I'd say an intervention would be in order.

Stevek

Same for this Voting-with-his-wallet-and-just-plain-done-with-the-mouse Classic Disney fan.
Therein lies the problem. Very few in this fanbase will vote with their wallet. It was almost laughable how many WDW "personalities" were raging about the Magic Band+ cost yet there they were on day one of availability, gleefully buying bands (some have already bought multiple) and proudly showing how they interact with the fireworks...yes, let's look at the magic band instead of the fireworks. Brilliant.

drizgirl

Therein lies the problem. Very few in this fanbase will vote with their wallet. It was almost laughable how many WDW "personalities" were raging about the Magic Band+ cost yet there they were on day one of availability, gleefully buying bands (some have already bought multiple) and proudly showing how they interact with the fireworks...yes, let's look at the magic band instead of the fireworks. Brilliant.
You really have no idea whether the ones complaining about the new magic bands actually were the ones buying them.

SoFloMagic

You’re looking at this from a WDW lens. You’re also assuming that most guests refuse to stay off property, which isn’t true. There are plenty of hotels to stay in in the surrounding area, and plenty of people, tourists included, willing to stay in said hotels.
Maybe. But if I'm researching the two and trying to decide, the "price your vacation" buttons end up with very different prices.

And, spoiler alert, the one with four parks, two water parks, and golf courses is the cheap one. Wait, what?

Stevek

You really have no idea whether the ones complaining about the new magic bands actually were the ones buying them.
I guess I could have just made my statement up...or I could have witnessed certain personalities complaining about them online only to see them buying and using them they day the launched 🤷‍♂️

Granted, I've now stopped following most of those people on any form of social media

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Maybe. But if I'm researching the two and trying to decide, the "price your vacation" buttons end up with very different prices.

And, spoiler alert, the one with four parks, two water parks, and golf courses is the cheap one. Wait, what?
Of course it will be different prices. It’s subjective. A visit to Disneyland for me will be significantly cheaper, since I’m 35 minutes away. A trip to WDW would cost me thousands.

I’m guessing the different prices have to do with quality. I’ve only been to MK, but considering that park alone, I’d say it would be fair to charge a little more for DL. Taxes play a part, I assume.

SoFloMagic

Of course it will be different prices. It’s subjective. A visit to Disneyland for me will be significantly cheaper, since I’m 35 minutes away. A trip to WDW would cost me thousands.

I’m guessing the different prices have to do with quality. I’ve only been to MK, but considering that park alone, I’d say it would be fair to charge a little more for DL. Taxes play a part, I assume.
It's mostly hotel price.
Which, again, causes an unfavorable mix

Phroobar

I do wonder if guys like Theme Park Steve (not me, different Steve) will continue to visit 5 or so days per week once his key expires.
He will just cut his videos out of one day of reused footage. Kind of like how Micechat reuses most of their pictures for each article.

Vegas Disney Fan

Anyway, I’m ok without a Magic Key for a while. We enjoyed them and got a lot of use out of them but I also see the benefit of a little break and a lot of money saved.

We’re looking forward to a break also, I think one of the risks for Disney right now is getting people out of their Disney habit and hoping they come back.

We went to DL almost monthly for about 7 years, and after a year off for Covid we couldn’t wait to get back, now it’s been a year and we’re kind of burned out on DL already. Covid forced us out of our habit before, it’s Disney forcing us out of our habit this time.

We currently have a cruise in Dec, WDW, Uni Florida, and a cruise in Jan and no current plans for DL. A lot of that money is still going to Disney, and we won’t be clogging up DL, so I guess in our case Disney is getting what they want.

mickEblu

We’re looking forward to a break also, I think one of the risks for Disney right now is getting people out of their Disney habit and hoping they come back.

We went to DL almost monthly for about 7 years, and after a year off for Covid we couldn’t wait to get back, now it’s been a year and we’re kind of burned out on DL already. Covid forced us out of our habit before, it’s Disney forcing us out of our habit this time.

We currently have a cruise in Dec, WDW, Uni Florida, and a cruise in Jan and no current plans for DL. A lot of that money is still going to Disney, and we won’t be clogging up DL, so I guess in our case Disney is getting what they want.

That’s definitely a risk which is why I don’t think it’s happening. A lot of people like me just see the value in Keys and take advantage of the offer. We re not going to buy enough day tickets to make up for the losses and Disney won’t make up for the loss of revenue becasue DLR is just not that big of a tourist destination. It’s place your go for 2-3 days at most.

If the cruise lines get rid of the vaccination mandate I would cancel my Disney World trip in a second! I called and the current rules are only in place until 9/30/22. No word yet if they re going to extend them but it would be odd considering the current trend and the CDCs last update. A cruise just makes so much more sense with for my family right now considering my kids ages… 7 and 2. I’m thinking of doing the Disney Fantasy.

Last edited:

jrayfarm

That’s definitely a risk which is why I don’t think it’s happening. A lot of people like me just see the value in Keys and take advantage of the offer. We re not going to buy enough day tickets to make up for the losses and Disney won’t make up for the loss of revenue becasue DLR is just not that big of a tourist destination. It’s place your go for 2-3 days at most.

If the cruise lines get rid of the vaccination mandate I would cancel my Disney World trip in a second! I called and the current rules are only in place until 9/30/22. No word yet if they re going to extend them but it would be odd considering the current trend and the CDCs last update. A cruise just makes so much more sense with for my family right now considering my kids ages… 7 and 2. I’m thinking of doing the Disney Fantasy.
This news just broke today, but DCL is raising the mandatory age for vaccines from 5 to 12.

mickEblu

This news just broke today, but DCL is raising the mandatory age for vaccines from 5 to 12.

Nice! That’s a step in the right direction. But also may mean they won’t completely get rid of the mandate by 9/30/22. We’ll whichever cruise line gets rid of it first probably gets my money.

Last edited:

AJFireman

Nice! That’s a step in the right direction. But also may mean they won’t completely get rid of the mandate by 9/30/22. We’ll whichever cruise line gets rid of it first probably gets my money.
Carnival has removed its mandatory Vaccine for a majority of the their cruises dependent on destination starting in September. If not vaccinated only have to test prior to embarkation.

mickEblu

The fact that right now in August 2022 that any cruise line has a mandatory vaccine requirement is ridiculous. Why isn’t a negative test enough? Or ya know, proof that you had the virus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom