Magic Carpets of Aladdin will be converted into what!?!

DABIGCHEEZ

LMAO - Peter Pan and the Jungle Cruise - they are identical? How did I never notice this before?!?!

Peter Pan is the same as the Jungle Cruise in much the same way as the Magic Carpets is the same as Mission Space. I guess Star Tours and the Hall of Presidents are identical too - I mean, you sit in a seat and watch a movie in both, right?

Must be the lost sense of reality that pixiedust snorting causes.

Funny thing is you are the one that said that carpets are exactly the same as Dumbo. I say yes they are the same ride themed to different characters. Then I say that riding in a boat through the jungle cruise seeing robotic animals move is pretty much the same as riding in a boat an seeing pirates chase each other around... see same ride concept/different character.

You are pretty funny thinking that Star Tours is the same as Hall of Presidents and Mission Space is identical to the Magic Carpets:lol:... because I know I did not say such a thing.

I am afraid it might be too late for you... a pixie dust addiction is a hard habit to break.

Krack

I am afraid it might be too late for you... a pixie dust addiction is a hard habit to break.

I'm about as critical of Disney as it gets on this board. What are you talking about? You're the one that said Peter Pan and the Jungle Cruise were basically the same ride; it's not my fault you said something that ridiculous.

DABIGCHEEZ

My point is Disney invented the dark ride, and invented the theme park that was more than just a coney island or six flags. If I wanted a bunch of cheap carnival rides, then I would save my money and go to one of those.

The bar is not gone, not as long as stockhoders and guests demand more, and they have the right too. I am not against having a few spinners in the park for children and families, I go on the Astro Orbiters every trip ... however if you ever went to Disney before they placed that cheap carnival ride in the middle of adventure land, you might see my point, it does not fit with the story at all. I am just tired of what is becoming the WalMarting of the park.

Just so you know i have been going to WDW since the mid-70's as a kid... and I too am frustrated at the Walmarting of WDW, beleive me. My complaint is for those saying it is just a spinner and we don't need three. My feeling is that the bar was lowered way down when any of the Disney Parks started having the same exact attractions... talk about losing their uniqueness. We are for only going for 4 nights and to one park this year. We are DVC members and usually stay 10-14 days w/5-6 day passes. That proves our dissaproval of what has been going on the past years.

DABIGCHEEZ

I'm about as critical of Disney as it gets on this board. What are you talking about? You're the one that said Peter Pan and the Jungle Cruise were basically the same ride; it's not my fault you said something that ridiculous.

Again not same ride experience... but same ride concept. My point again was to those that were complaining of too many rides that had the spinner RIDE CONCEPT. Sorry I don't think my comment is that ridiculous. :eek: Your inability to understand what was trying to say is ridiculous.. but hey I am glad I can step back and see things as they are.

I will just agree to disagree with you. :wave: It is allowed you know. :D

lazyboy97o

I understand the reasoning behind making such a prediction, but I just can't imagine Tokyo or any other international park taking our leftovers. If they are going to build an attraction, it's likely going to be new. The cost and aggravation of moving something this size would have to be prohibitive.
How would it be any more difficult than transporting a new ride?

My little girl LOVES the carpets and that is the first thing she wants to ride. She is 4, so you can't hold it against her.

I think the carpets could work in AL, but they would have to be painted differently (deeper colors or more muted colors) and not plopped in the random area they are in.

I don't have an opinion one way or another about the whole spinner debate, but I do agree the coloring and placement are out of place.

majortom1981

My point is Disney invented the dark ride, and invented the theme park that was more than just a coney island or six flags. If I wanted a bunch of cheap carnival rides, then I would save my money and go to one of those.

The bar is not gone, not as long as stockhoders and guests demand more, and they have the right too. I am not against having a few spinners in the park for children and families, I go on the Astro Orbiters every trip ... however if you ever went to Disney before they placed that cheap carnival ride in the middle of adventure land, you might see my point, it does not fit with the story at all. I am just tired of what is becoming the WalMarting of the park.

I wouldnt say Disney imvented the dark ride . Before the original coney island attractions burnt down they had dark rides . They also had good theming also but then they burnt down and were lost .

Figment632

My little girl LOVES the carpets and that is the first thing she wants to ride. She is 4, so you can't hold it against her.

I think the carpets could work in AL, but they would have to be painted differently (deeper colors or more muted colors) and not plopped in the random area they are in.

I don't have an opinion one way or another about the whole spinner debate, but I do agree the coloring and placement are out of place.

If you replaced the capets and took any trace of Aladdin away then yes it would work in AL.

janoimagine

I wouldnt say Disney imvented the dark ride . Before the original coney island attractions burnt down they had dark rides . They also had good theming also but then they burnt down and were lost .

I know Coney Island had haunted houses that could be classified as a dark ride's. What I should have stated was that Disney perfected the dark ride. My bad. :D

janoimagine

Just so you know i have been going to WDW since the mid-70's as a kid... and I too am frustrated at the Walmarting of WDW, beleive me. My complaint is for those saying it is just a spinner and we don't need three. My feeling is that the bar was lowered way down when any of the Disney Parks started having the same exact attractions... talk about losing their uniqueness. We are for only going for 4 nights and to one park this year. We are DVC members and usually stay 10-14 days w/5-6 day passes. That proves our dissaproval of what has been going on the past years.

Understood. I don't care that Disney has spinners, my true complaint lies in where the magic carpets are located.

MiklCraw4d

Younger kids like eating their own boogers, too - but that doesn't mean parking a Booger-selling Kiosk outside Big Thunder Mountain is a great idea either.

This may seriously be the best refutation of that line of reasoning ("my two-year-old loves the Mickey Wand!") I've ever heard. I hope you won't mind if I totally steal it and use it whenever possible.

And yeah, the Carpets have to go. I don't care that they're a spinner, I care that they're a spinner that do not match their surroundings in theme, color, or size, and that they ruin all the sightlines that were so carefully crafted by the Imagineers that designed Adventureland.

Buried20KLeague

Of those, I will say HM is unique. Splash, while one of our favs and greatly themed, overall it is still a boat/flume that goes past some AAs like the others. It is only the large drop and the roller coaster dip in the middle make it slightly unique of the others.

Let me help your pixie dusted tunnel vision... IASW, Pooh, Jungle Cruise, Snow White, Peter Pan, PotC, ... have the same ride concept(boat/car) past AAs of different characters. Which is just like the same ride concept/ different character of Dumbo and Carpets that is so hated.

That's like saying apples and oranges are the same because when you get right down to it, they're both food.

:hammer:

Ridiculous.

You're trying to draw a tangent that's so far off base, it's laughable.

Krack

This may seriously be the best refutation of that line of reasoning ("my two-year-old loves the Mickey Wand!") I've ever heard. I hope you won't mind if I totally steal it and use it whenever possible.

It's your's!

And yeah, the Carpets have to go. I don't care that they're a spinner, I care that they're a spinner that do not match their surroundings in theme, color, or size, and that they ruin all the sightlines that were so carefully crafted by the Imagineers that designed Adventureland.

Ding, ding, ding

fosse76

And l;et's not also forget that Dumbo and a version of the Astro Jets opened originally with Disneyland under the direction of Walt Disney himself. So for some posters to act like Disney is above cookie cutter attractions is ridiculous, when the man himself wasn't above it.

Krack said:

I think what he was getting at is the concept is the same: a ride vehicle slowly going past animatronic show scenes. I agree it's not quite the same thing as having multiple spinners, but they aren't that entirely different either.

I also don't understand the complaints that the Magic Carpets don't fit into the theme of Adventureland. The Middle East is front-and-center in many adventure stories. I think some of you people get too caught up in the idea of "show" and "story" as if the parks are a museum not to be touched. I'm sure if Disney were still around making decisions, many of this board's so-called favorites would have been removed decades ago.

Krack

I also don't understand the complaints that the Magic Carpets don't fit into the theme of Adventureland. The Middle East is front-and-center in many adventure stories.

The land is designed to look like a jungle environment circa 1910-1940.

Enchanted Tiki Room - Polynesian
Tarzan Treehouse - African Jungle 1910s
Jungle Cruise Queue - African Jungle 1930s

The drums, the tribal spears and masks - all jungle themed

Then they came and stuck an Arabian themed spinner in the dead center of the area and slapped some shoddy awnings to kinda, sorta try and make it look like it belongs. It's a major eyesore. It took the most immersive environment in WDW and ruined the illusion.

Scar

The land is designed to look like a jungle environment circa 1910-1940.

Tarzan Treehouse - African Jungle 1910s

I bet you just mis-typed, but the Tarzan Treehouse is not at WDW. It is the Swiss Family Robinson there.

GymLeaderPhil

You people are never happy about what disney does with THEIR parks.
Annnndd pot...

DABIGCHEEZ said:
Way to paint with that broad brush...
Meets kettle.

Who wants popcorn?

AAAADCTVO3kAAAAAAHytrA.jpg

DABIGCHEEZ

Annnndd pot...

Meets kettle.

Who wants popcorn?

AAAADCTVO3kAAAAAAHytrA.jpg

Phil...Way to pull a quote( the 2nd one in the post above) from an entirely different and unrelated thread topic/discussion. Even though the 2nd quote doesn't show when I copied the quote. Good try, go back and find it in this thread.
Oh... and enjoy the popcorn. I hope a kernel gets caught in you throat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom