Magic Carpets of Aladdin will be converted into what!?!

redkoala245

Original Poster
Hey everyone!! :)
I don't know if this has been discussed yet but I found this interesting rumor from Screamscape.:eek:
"While we know that the new double-sided Dumbo attraction (aka: Dueling Dumbos) is a lock for the new Fantasyland expansion, it has long been generally assumed that the Magic Carpets of Aladdin would be removed and converted into the second Dumbo ride. It’s come to my attention that this may not actually be the case after all and the new version of the ride could possibly purchase one if not two entirely brand new ride units, depending on the status of the original Fantasyland ride which has logged it’s share of flight time."

Don't take my word for that this is actually going to happen.
I think they should of just started from scratch and not convert anything.

yensid67

I agree with taking the Carpets out and restoring it back to a plaza area!

I remember when they put those flying pieces of remnants in...I thought it was OUT OF PLACE in Adventureland! I would say it they wanted to keep them move them to FL somewhere!

Will
:wave: from PA!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It`s rumoured, to give Adland back its rightful theming.

However, the Fantasyland spinner is only 1993 vintage; the original 1971 unit was removed and a new one based on the DLP design installed from scratch. It isn`t as old as you think.

NewfieFan

However, the Fantasyland spinner is only 1993 vintage; the original 1971 unit was removed and a new one based on the DLP design installed from scratch. It isn`t as old as you think.

Is it being moved elsewhere or just demolished?

lazyboy97o

Well, that would place the current spinner in the age range, about 20, of the one it replaced.

Unplugged

Come on folks....

Though I love Disney, the nostalgia, and Walt's intentions & dreams, this discussion is about an amusement park. It's "a family park where parents and children could have fun- together" in Walt's words.

The Aladdin ride fits in with the "bazaar" market area though it may not be a perfect match with the immediate surrounding attractions. Children love it as I see a long line there all the time and the spitting camels add an bit of silliness on a hot day. It's simple fun. I know there are numerous clones across the property, but there is a reason. They are a small foot print attraction to keep guests busy for a short time and they please the little ones.

If you don't like it, don't go on it. You know where these type of attractions are located, so step around them when approaching the areas. It's a ride in a theme park that is intended to evolve to generate interest, not the Smithsonian.

mickey2008.1

I see nothing wrong with the carpets. Besides jungle cruise in that area, it is a rather walk through place. Restaurants absent, except seasonly, which is two months. PoTC is way at the other end. I like Tiki room, but even that is so so now a days. i just think AL needs some love and one added feature, just not sure what.

Rob562

Well, that would place the current spinner in the age range, about 20, of the one it replaced.

True, but the main reason it was replaced was capacity... If I'm not mistaken, the original only had 8 or 10 elephants, the current one has 16. Plus, the original one was very boring visually...

One thing that moving Dumbo *will* do is that they can finally install the originally-planned water features underneath it that they couldn't put in when it was first installed...

-Rob

jdrork

Sorry to disappoint everyone but AL will not be moving to FL tobecome the second Dumbo ride. My Uncle is a system rides engineer and he confirmed to me back in Oct. that the new spinner has already been ordered from a company out of UK the built the 1993vs of Dumbo as well as AL. He is of little help when it comes to other rumors (trust me I ask him thing all the time:D) but when it comes to ride designs he can usually fill me in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom