Magic Carpets of Aladdin will be converted into what!?!

Lord Pheonix

although i agree with everyone, i hate it and dont think the carpets should be where they are, but not because it doesent fit in adventureland. if you think about it, adventure land is themed soley tropical islandesk, but the carpets could be considered an "adventure", making it suitable for av. i think they shouldnt have just hastily droped it into the middle of the plaza, it should have had its own themed area toward the end of av, maybe where the skyway station is now.

my point is why can you only have an adventure in a tropical paradise? why not an adventure in the desert, or one in the arctic?

janoimagine

Though I love Disney, the nostalgia, and Walt's intentions & dreams, this discussion is about an amusement park. It's "a family park where parents and children could have fun- together" in Walt's words.

You know where these type of attractions are located, so step around them when approaching the areas. It's a ride in a theme park that is intended to evolve to generate interest, not the Smithsonian.

I agree with what your saying about Walts intentions ... however adding a pre-fabbed spinner ride, in my opinion, would not be what Walt had invisioned for Adventureland. Espically when you consider the current level of technology we enjoy. A 'Disney' theme park is intended to evolve and generate interest, a spinner ride is not an evolution of the theme park, rather it de-evolves them. IMHO.

bgraham34

I agree with what your saying about Walts intentions ... however adding a pre-fabbed spinner ride, in my opinion, would not be what Walt had invisioned for Adventureland. Espically when you consider the current level of technology we enjoy. A 'Disney' theme park is intended to evolve and generate interest, a spinner ride is not an evolution of the theme park, rather it de-evolves them. IMHO.

But you are also forgetting that a spinner is still a family attraction. That means the whole family can get involved no matter what the age. Therefore Disney likes that dimension of that.

janoimagine

But you are also forgetting that a spinner is still a family attraction. That means the whole family can get involved no matter what the age. Therefore Disney likes that dimension of that.

No, Im not forgetting that part, what I am trying to say is they can make a better family attraction, that does not consist of an 'out of the box' spinner. :D

MiklCraw4d

I just wanted to re-post what I said in September; that I asked Eric Jacobson directly and he said the Carpets were not being converted to Dumbo and were staying where they were.

Now I really, really hate the Carpets so I hope that just because they aren't becoming Dumbo doesn't mean that they won't eventually get removed from Adventureland. Hopefully good taste will prevail and they'll get the axe. I've really been hoping that they'll get shipped to Tokyo for their new spinner, but all I know is that they're definitely not going to Fantasyland.

Krack

They can't get rid of this eyesore fast enough. Even if it were the greatest E-ticket in the history of E-tickets, it still wouldn't even come close to fitting in thematically with the rest of the surrounding area. To screw up the entire land's atmosphere for a ride you could find at the local traveling carnival should be a crime.

Prince Ali

As much as I love the movie Aladdin, that ride really needs to go. One of those spinning rides is more than enough, and i think most people would agree that dumbo is a classic, so it must stay (as well as it's about to be newly renovated). By far the worst one tho is triceratop spin. Personally, i think Chester and hester should move out all their junk.

Unplugged

most people would agree that dumbo is a classic, so it must stay (as well as it's about to be newly renovated)

You're absolutely correct. Dumbo is classic based on what most of us hold dear regarding the park. But Carpets was added as an "inexpensive" way to entertain the young crowd during the very busy times as Dumbo gets very busy.

Now, since there will be 2 dumbo attractions in the new Fantasyland expansion, perhaps they will not see the need for 3 such rides. Very possible considering how many things from the past few years are being undone. Or do Carpets get re-themed into the other Dumbo? Time will tell.

As for the Triceratops, well, I agree that while the Hester section doesn't fit the theme, it was a way to confine the more lively (read as non green & brown nature take) to ensure that families have some activity spot for kids. The bone yard play area, games, and the spin make for a nice activity area when kids get bored and need immediate gratification as they often do. It may not fit the typical adult pallet, but from a child's view, the area is a nice break from the rest of the park.....as odd as that is to think about.

I personally see the value in them. I'm not saying my designs from an Adult perspective would have made the same choices, but now as a parent, I fully appreciate what was done and why. Balancing child-friendly activities with cost was and remains a smart move. (IMHO)

DisneyMusician2

It`s rumoured, to give Adland back its rightful theming.

However, the Fantasyland spinner is only 1993 vintage; the original 1971 unit was removed and a new one based on the DLP design installed from scratch. It isn`t as old as you think.

Does that include the original Tiki room? I just saw the new one again, and it is woeful compared to the original.

_Scar

I think Aladdin deserves a much better ride. I'd love an Agrabah section/new Aladdin ride in the FLE, but it looks like 'Arabian' doesn't fit into the imagineers' vision of 'fantasy'.

Which leaves Adventureland open to an Aladdin ride.... I'd love an e-ticket for one of the greatest animated movies ever ratehr than a carbon copy of Indy.

Figment632

Which leaves Adventureland open to an Aladdin ride.... I'd love an e-ticket for one of the greatest animated movies ever ratehr than a carbon copy of Indy.

It doesn't fit in AL :brick: Unless its the 4rth movie that is based in the South Pacific :brick: :brick: :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom