Magic Carpets of Aladdin will be converted into what!?!

DABIGCHEEZ

You people are never happy about what disney does with THEIR parks. Here is hoping they keep the carpets and add another spinner in Frontierland themed to Woody and Jessie.

Krack

You people are never happy about what disney does with THEIR parks.

We're still their customer base right? Actually, technically, it's MY parks because I own stock, but I'm willing to settle for "the customer* is always right."

*and by "customer" I mean me.

janoimagine

You people are never happy about what disney does with THEIR parks. Here is hoping they keep the carpets and add another spinner in Frontierland themed to Woody and Jessie.

I think you are misreading this ... we are just trying to hold Disney to the bar that they set ... a spinner is an easy out for them. After all, a pig in a tuxedo is still a pig.

DABIGCHEEZ

We're still their customer base right? Actually, technically, it's MY parks because I own stock, but I'm willing to settle for "the customer* is always right."

*and by "customer" I mean me.

And you are the only one, right?:shrug:

I just see the MK as the park that has to be the most family friendly. Rides that almost anyone can ride together with family members. I personally get tired of sitting in a boat or a car and going around seeing different AAs... but the younger kids love it as they love the carpets and Dumbo and Triceratops. I guess my real problem is why remove ANY ride other than for safty reasons/concerns?

DABIGCHEEZ

I think you are misreading this ... we are just trying to hold Disney to the bar that they set ... a spinner is an easy out for them. After all, a pig in a tuxedo is still a pig.

I understand about holding them to the bar they set... but that was gone years ago, when we started getting copies from other parks, or throwing in a new character and renaming it. And a boat or car that floats or drives past AA is still a boat or car that drives past AAs, so your point is?:shrug:

Easy out...Yes. I just think they should add attractions but why remove any other than for safety concerns as I mentioned.

Krack

I guess my real problem is why remove ANY ride other than for safty reasons/concerns?

And my answer would be:

Because the exact same ride is available elsewhere in the park, because it's an attraction available at any and every amusement park in the world, and because this particular iteration of the ride does not fit in with the themeing of the surrounding area in any way.

Younger kids like eating their own boogers, too - but that doesn't mean parking a Booger-selling Kiosk outside Big Thunder Mountain is a great idea either. Let's be honest, kids like everything. If your argument is that there's not enough for little kids to do in the Magic Kingdom, and therefore we need to clone every ride in Fantasyland 3 times throughout the park, then I disagree (and I think most other people do to).

I understand about holding them to the bar they set... but that was gone years ago, when we started getting copies from other parks, or throwing in a new character and renaming it.

Well, some of use are suggesting they start getting back to previous standards.

DABIGCHEEZ

And my answer would be:

Because the exact same ride is available elsewhere in the park, because it's an attraction available at any and every amusement park in the world, and because this particular iteration of the ride does not fit in with the themeing of the surrounding area in any way.

Not true.

Younger kids like eating their own boogers, too - but that doesn't mean parking a Booger-selling Kiosk outside Big Thunder Mountain is a great idea either. Let's be honest, kids like everything.

This is a pretty ridiculous statement. Again untrue, kids do not like all rides
If your argument is that there's not enough for little kids to do in the Magic Kingdom, and therefore we need to clone every ride in Fantasyland 3 times throughout the park, then I disagree (and I think most other people do to).

Did I suggest or make that argument? As far as cloning many of the rides at the parks are very similar in that the whole boat/car watching AAs move around.
Oh and let me see which would I like more a family ride or some pavement??:shrug: That's a hard one.:rolleyes:

BrerFrog

I understand about holding them to the bar they set... but that was gone years ago, when we started getting copies from other parks, or throwing in a new character and renaming it.

As Disney fans we want the company's parks to be as good as possible, and that means we want to watch the imagineers produce attractions that are up there with Walt's standards. And most importantly, we want those attractions to get the funding they deserve. :)

DABIGCHEEZ

As Disney fans we want the company's parks to be as good as possible, and that means we want to watch the imagineers produce attractions that are up there with Walt's standards. And most importantly, we want those attractions to get the funding they deserve. :)

I agree with you on this.

Krack

Did I suggest or make that argument? As far as cloning many of the rides at the parks are very similar in that the whole boat/car watching AAs move around.

Yes, PotC, Splash Mountain and the Haunted Mansion are practically identical ... much in the same way Dumbo and the Magic Carpets (not to mention the Astro Orbiter) are. It's sickening. :rolleyes:

DABIGCHEEZ

Yes, PotC, Splash Mountain and the Haunted Mansion are practically identical ... much in the same way Dumbo and the Magic Carpets (not to mention the Astro Orbiter) are. It's sickening. :rolleyes:

Of those, I will say HM is unique. Splash, while one of our favs and greatly themed, overall it is still a boat/flume that goes past some AAs like the others. It is only the large drop and the roller coaster dip in the middle make it slightly unique of the others.

Let me help your pixie dusted tunnel vision... IASW, Pooh, Jungle Cruise, Snow White, Peter Pan, PotC, ... have the same ride concept(boat/car) past AAs of different characters. Which is just like the same ride concept/ different character of Dumbo and Carpets that is so hated.

JimJam

Hey everyone!! :)
I don't know if this has been discussed yet but I found this interesting rumor from Screamscape.:eek:
"While we know that the new double-sided Dumbo attraction (aka: Dueling Dumbos) is a lock for the new Fantasyland expansion, it has long been generally assumed that the Magic Carpets of Aladdin would be removed and converted into the second Dumbo ride. It’s come to my attention that this may not actually be the case after all and the new version of the ride could possibly purchase one if not two entirely brand new ride units, depending on the status of the original Fantasyland ride which has logged it’s share of flight time."

Don't take my word for that this is actually going to happen.
I think they should of just started from scratch and not convert anything.

Haha the key word here is " ScreamScape " :lol:

janoimagine

I understand about holding them to the bar they set... but that was gone years ago, when we started getting copies from other parks, or throwing in a new character and renaming it. And a boat or car that floats or drives past AA is still a boat or car that drives past AAs, so your point is?:shrug:

Easy out...Yes. I just think they should add attractions but why remove any other than for safety concerns as I mentioned.

My point is Disney invented the dark ride, and invented the theme park that was more than just a coney island or six flags. If I wanted a bunch of cheap carnival rides, then I would save my money and go to one of those.

The bar is not gone, not as long as stockhoders and guests demand more, and they have the right too. I am not against having a few spinners in the park for children and families, I go on the Astro Orbiters every trip ... however if you ever went to Disney before they placed that cheap carnival ride in the middle of adventure land, you might see my point, it does not fit with the story at all. I am just tired of what is becoming the WalMarting of the park.

janoimagine

Let me help your pixie dusted tunnel vision... IASW, Pooh, Jungle Cruise, Snow White, Peter Pan, PotC, ... have the same ride concept(boat/car) past AAs of different characters. Which is just like the same ride concept/ different character of Dumbo and Carpets that is so hated.

Yes, they do all have the same ride vehicle ... however Disney invented and patented these rides and their technology, they set their own bar.

I dont hate Dumbo, I dont hate spinners, what I hate is when people try to draw tangents when none can be drawn. Your trying to compare an out of the box carnival ride to rides that were invented by Disney and created a new standard in the theme park industry.

Krack

Of those, I will say HM is unique. Splash, while one of our favs and greatly themed, overall it is still a boat/flume that goes past some AAs like the others. It is only the large drop and the roller coaster dip in the middle make it slightly unique of the others.

LMAO - Peter Pan and the Jungle Cruise - they are identical? How did I never notice this before?!?!

Peter Pan is the same as the Jungle Cruise in much the same way as the Magic Carpets is the same as Mission Space. I guess Star Tours and the Hall of Presidents are identical too - I mean, you sit in a seat and watch a movie in both, right?

Biff215

Two things no one has mentioned...

Disney Seas in Japan has posted artwork for "Jasmin's flying carpets" next to the Sinbad attraction, coming in 2011. Hopefully they're moving it to Japan?

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2010/03/tokyo-disneysea-2010-jasmines-flying.html

I also remember reading about a "Prince of Persia" meet and greet or stunt show coming to Adventureland when POP2 comes out in 2012.

I understand the reasoning behind making such a prediction, but I just can't imagine Tokyo or any other international park taking our leftovers. If they are going to build an attraction, it's likely going to be new. The cost and aggravation of moving something this size would have to be prohibitive.

I would also be shocked if they used either Aladdin or the existing Dumbo in the FLE. Again, it would just seem easier and safer to start new and use the old for parts. :shrug:

I agree with those who don't think Aladdin is going anywhere for the time being. Unless the new Dumbo draws the crowds away, I think it may be in AL for a long time. Just my thoughts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom