Magic Carpets of Aladdin Rumor.

mickey2008.1

I personally love the spitting camals. They are funny and inevitably my husband always gets spit on which makes me happy.

As for the removal of the ride, well, lets face it folks, after what they did to the hub in MK, I can't help but think that the removal of the ride would result in a great big concrete slab. No trees, or fountains, or anything but a big scalding hot in the summer, concrete slab. I'd rather have the ride there than a the slab.
I agree. Those camels get me everytime, even when on the ride, and you sit there looking around going, where did that come? I think it fits just fine. And why does wdw need two dumbo rides? that seems kind of lost to me. The new fantasy expansion isnt so great, just a bunch of meet and greets. Why not a new show area like in dhs? The little mermaid is the only big addition, other than that, i see nothing.

Rob562

Anyone know exactly when they did this? We didn't get a chance to go from 2000-2006, so there were a lot of changes we noticed at that time and this was one of them.

Yeah it takes away the shade in the area, but in terms of grounds maintenance and views, I can understand and support the decision to replace older trees with smaller ones every so often. I want my pictures of the castle to be of the castle, not some 30 year old tree blocking half of it. I can take pictures of trees at home.

The problem is that they didn't replace them with smaller regular trees, they replaced them with a couple shrubs that won't get much bigger/taller than they are now.

A few years ago (I know it was before the Hub redo), in Town Square they had to replace the original trees that were there from Day 1, because they'd outgrown the available soil. The new trees made it look a little barren at first, but they've since matured and filled in nicely. The current Hub is still barren.

While I understand why they removed the curb around the Hub, and agree that in the long run it's probably best, I'll admit that it looks rather odd without the curbs being there.

As for the planters, they need to bring back some kind of smaller trees that can be allowed to grow and mature.

-Rob

redkoala245

I can't see that ride getting removed… It is still pretty popular. To me, after going on that ride every year, I have been getting bored of it.

MarkTwain

YES! Believe it or not, the carpets are one of my biggest issues with the MK. They're thematically disrupting to the more Caribbean/Polynesian-focused Adventureland, and they're rather visually jarring - not to mention that they cause serious traffic congestion in one of the more popular areas of the park. I'd like to see them go, but not just left with a big empty lot, but instead a lush oasis with some palms, seating, and fountain. It'd be much more thematically appropriate and appealing.

Honestly, how many spinners does WDW need? :shrug: And it's not like they can't keep the camels... :lol:

Magicot

Aesthetically, crowd control-wise, and especially thematically, the Adventureland "hub" is one of the biggest problems in the MK. They took a jungle/island oasis and ruined it with a carnival ride. Carefully chosen tones of browns, tans, and greens, and textures of wood, stone, and vegetation were completely destroyed with the addition of garish purples and golds and gleaming metals and plastics. It's a thematic nightmare and one of the biggest mistakes in MK's 39 years as a park.

Oh, and to answer a few questions:

-Magic Carpets of Aladdin was added in May 2001

-The castle hub was repaved and raped of vegetation around 2004/2005

*POST 500!* :D

Master Gracey 5

The problem is that they didn't replace them with smaller regular trees, they replaced them with a couple shrubs that won't get much bigger/taller than they are now.

A few years ago (I know it was before the Hub redo), in Town Square they had to replace the original trees that were there from Day 1, because they'd outgrown the available soil. The new trees made it look a little barren at first, but they've since matured and filled in nicely. The current Hub is still barren.

While I understand why they removed the curb around the Hub, and agree that in the long run it's probably best, I'll admit that it looks rather odd without the curbs being there.

As for the planters, they need to bring back some kind of smaller trees that can be allowed to grow and mature.

-Rob

Thanks Rob, I'm not much on trees so I didn't realize that they had been swapped with a different type that won't grow as full and tall. It is a pity, but as I said I can see where they are coming from on keeping the view less cluttered.

BrerFrog

I will agree that the park has way too many spinners as things are today. However, I think Dumbo and Astro Orbiter are fine since they offer experiences that are somehow different.

JWG

I will agree that the park has way too many spinners as things are today. However, I think Dumbo and Astro Orbiter are fine since they offer experiences that are somehow different.

Having stood in line (in January) for 30+ minutes to spend 1 minute on Dumbo, I have to disagree. The Alladin carpet ride often times offers a line 1/2 as long as Dumbo for the same attraction, which is nice. My daughter (3) loves Dumbo, Alladin, Triceratop Spin, etc. and believes each are a unique and different experience.

While it could be better placed and themed, the spinners have significant value, especially for those of us with small children.

glee

I was online and I spotted a rumor on Screamscape (I know, not the most reliable) that said Magic Carpets of Aladdin is going to be torn down and used to form the bones of the second Dumbo in the new Fantasyland Expansion, and the carpets would be sent to Tokyo to create a new Flying Carpets ride at DisneySea

Is there any truth to this. I personally enjoy Magic Carpets of Aladdin more than Dumbo and would be sad to see it go.

Not to be rude but arent they practically the same? Or is just the appearence you prefer. Never ridden them so woudnt know :)

puntagordabob

OFFICIAL INFO: NOT MOVING! Source from the Imagineer at the D23 1st Anniv party at WDW... I asked him this specific question in fact. Was kind of hoping it WOULD be removed.... Adventureland is so claustrophobic with Aladdin attraction there.

Exprcoofto

OFFICIAL INFO: NOT MOVING! Source from the Imagineer at the D23 1st Anniv party at WDW... I asked him this specific question in fact. Was kind of hoping it WOULD be removed.... Adventureland is so claustrophobic with Aladdin attraction there.

Yeah, they also said the theme for Barnstormer was unknown while the disney twenty-three magazine says it will be clown themed. I'm not sure if I'd go by that PR, honestly.

jt04

Yeah, they also said the theme for Barnstormer was unknown while the disney twenty-three magazine says it will be clown themed. I'm not sure if I'd go by that PR, honestly.

Exactly, there is no such thing as never. Plans change all the time. Personally I think they should move them to a DHS Toontown or to DTD as a ticketed ride. That way it would be out of Adventureland but still available to people who enjoy it.

It's supposed 'Adventureland' not Cheeseyland. :rolleyes:

lazyboy97o

Exactly, there is no such thing as never. Plans change all the time. Personally I think they should move them to a DHS Toontown or to DTD as a ticketed ride. That way it would be out of Adventureland but still available to people who enjoy it.

It's supposed 'Adventureland' not Cheeseyland. :rolleyes:
Is the experience different enough from the other variations to actually carry the demand that would be required of a paid attraction?

Hot4Hudgens

I'd be 100% ok with this idea. It would clear some much-needed space all while contributing to another new attraction. That and the fact that it'd kill any thought of there being 3 of the exact same ride. Ugh. Just the thought of that boggles my mind.

MiklCraw4d

Eric Jacobson said in September that Carpets would be staying and not being converted to the 2nd Dumbo spinner. This was a big disappointment for me at the time, but hopefully things have changed. I hate the Carpets so much. They totally ruin the theming, look, and traffic flow of Adventureland. The Tiki Room show building is supposed to be the "weenie" of that land, and the carpets throw all the color, scale, and sightlines out of wack. And you can see them from Frontierland.

So yeah, not a fan. Move them to Studios, to the Animation Courtyard. Whatever. Just get them OUT of Adventureland. Please.

MiklCraw4d

Also, I haven't been around a lot so I might have missed it, but has it been discussed that the maintenance budget for the Carpets had been slashed in half this year?

Gives me hope. Ship 'em to Tokyo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom