Magic Carpets of Aladdin Rumor.

lazyboy97o

Wow, it says the cost of this project is $22 million American. Seems like a LOT for a spinner.

But to bring that thought on-topic... If that's accurate, maybe there IS some truth to moving the carpets and re-using them. Could save 8-10 Million bucks. :shrug:

Assuming that $22 is accurate, and that maybe half of that is the actual cost of the ride itself, and the other half is for infrastructure, installation, construction, landscaping, design, etc...
One thing people seem to constantly forget when comparing attraction costs is the cost of building is different resort. Each resort has different land conditions, costs of material, costs of labor, etc.

darthspielberg

Original Poster
this seems like a really NICE idea..... i for one dont understand why this ride was even built, its the SAME thing as Dumbo, just no elephant.

It's intended as a people eater. It's one more attraction guests can be in line for/riding which helps keep the wait time down on the other rides.

Having seen it for the first time in the actual context of Adventureland, I will agree it's ugly and garish...but to be honest, the attraction does a great job "eating" people.

If it moved to the Studios where it received the same treatment as the Paris version (Genie directing riders as extras in a new movie) then it might work far better.

mickeyforlife

I hope not. I actually really like the Magic Carpets. It gives me a chance to ride that type of ride without having to wait in the hour+ long lines for Dumbo.

I like it too, but then again I'm a big kid. LOL and this is just my third trip to disney haven't had time to get tired of anything yet (not that I think I would LOL):wave:

_Scar

If it moved to the Studios where it received the same treatment as the Paris version (Genie directing riders as extras in a new movie) then it might work far better.

I know there is no room in the Aniamtion Courtyard (well, there probably is but it will be ALand congestion 2.0) but if it did move to DHS then it would be awesome. The WDS attraction looks so quaint and charming- or maybe I'm just crazy? :shrug:

Buried20KLeague

I know there is no room in the Aniamtion Courtyard (well, there probably is but it will be ALand congestion 2.0) but if it did move to DHS then it would be awesome. The WDS attraction looks so quaint and charming- or maybe I'm just crazy? :shrug:

You might be crazy. :lol:

In Paris, the carpets are VERY out of place. Very. Sure, they throw a static figure of genie on the side and a canned announcement at the beginning... But let's be honest... The attraction would be much better suited in the AL section of DLP. It would fit in wonderfully. But obviously the idea was to add a cheap attraction to the studios... So they took the only spinner that they could toss in and try to pass off with a movie tie-in.

imagineer boy

The animation outdoor queue line takes up an insane amount of space. Its not really needed, so if they tore it down the carpets could go in there pretty good.

Although, I'd prefer that they use the existing parts, but retheme it to Plane Crazy or somthing. That would be cool.

GrannyJill2

I'll vote for the move to the Studios. That park could use some more attractions besides Toy Story Mania, Rockin' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. There really aren't many kid-type things to do there.

It's intended as a people eater. It's one more attraction guests can be in line for/riding which helps keep the wait time down on the other rides.

Having seen it for the first time in the actual context of Adventureland, I will agree it's ugly and garish...but to be honest, the attraction does a great job "eating" people.

oh! i see!.... huh i never knew of the turn "people eater" hahah but yeah i see what you mean..... i waited in line for this for over 15min and my family asked "why" and got outta line sooo lets just say we avoid it hahah

_Scar

You might be crazy. :lol:

In Paris, the carpets are VERY out of place. Very. Sure, they throw a static figure of genie on the side and a canned announcement at the beginning... But let's be honest... The attraction would be much better suited in the AL section of DLP. It would fit in wonderfully. But obviously the idea was to add a cheap attraction to the studios... So they took the only spinner that they could toss in and try to pass off with a movie tie-in.

:lol:

Yea, I don't deny that.

SMRT-1

Geez... what is with all the hate for the carpets?? Oh wait this is WDWMAGIC and anytime WDW makes a move to refurb, remove, modify, install or build anything... the fanboys' get all riled up and haters come out of the woodwork.

What was I thinking.

it is an eyesore and too big for the area that it was placed in. blocking what should be the premier attraction (Tiki Room) comparable to the sorcerer hat at DHS which blocks the Chinese Theater.

SMRT-1

You would call TR the premier attraction over JC :eek:

good point...the point i was trying to make is that you don't get the expansiveness of the Tiki Room when walking into that area. but, it should be a premier attraction along with JC...not there yet but if and when they restore it.

Figment632

good point...the point i was trying to make is that you don't get the expansiveness of the Tiki Room when walking into that area. but, it should be a premier attraction along with JC...not there yet but if and when they restore it.

I got it and agree just for pure ambiance they should return AL to a pre carpets setting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom