Magic Carpets of Aladdin closed for refurbishment in December

jt04

Uhhh, no. The whole point of killing that spinner would be for Aland to be open and breathable yet again, not to erect some structure.

Besides, Jasmine and Aladdin already have a M&G space next to the spinner whose line rarely gets very long. No need for a full out structure.

I guess we will have to disagree on that.

David

The ride does not bother me that much, and if they DID remove it, what type of attraction could go in it's place? Thinking about it, I don't know of any other attraction that so small. There is not enough for a building to house a ride of any size. Probably all we would wind up with would be kiosks or a snack stand.

krankenstein

The ride does not bother me that much, and if they DID remove it, what type of attraction could go in it's place? Thinking about it, I don't know of any other attraction that so small. There is not enough for a building to house a ride of any size. Probably all we would wind up with would be kiosks or a snack stand.

Exactly, they should not have crammed an attraction into AL's plaza. :shrug:

SirGoofy

I guess we will have to disagree on that.

They've already got a nice setup for the M&G, and it's not very crowded to begin with.

What's the reason for a full-out structure.:shrug:

Especially one that would clutter up ALand, which is the antithesis of what most people want when the spinner leaves.

WDWGoof07

That's a rumor I've been hearing, but there's also people saying they are staying.

At this point it's a wait and see thing.
Just kill them already. With the second Dumbo coming, there's really no need, and the "next-gen" queue sounds like it will be a better overall experience anyway. "Aladdin" deserves a major ride of its own somewhere in the parks (I'd love to see what WDI could do with a Cave of Wonders ride myself). But the spinner needs to go.

bgraham34

I am glad to have the ride. At least it is something else to get one. If they plan to replace it with something else then i would be happy to see it go, otherwise stay.

MKCP 1985

A minor ride in a minor area of the Magic Kingdom.

Whether or not it reopens after the refurb is much ado about nothing. This is like debating whether there should be trash cans in the wait areas for the parking lot trams. :snore:

Tiki Room? :snore:
Treehouse? :shrug:
Jungle Cruise? How long is the wait? :lookaroun

The sad truth is that much of Adventureland is a snoozefest or a gateway to Pirates of the Caribbean and the western edge of Frontierland, so if a spinner makes the kids happy and gives some people a reason to slow down coming and going, what's the harm?

Since when do we complain that a ride is getting some TLC anyway?

I didn't see any D23 Expo news that anything big is coming to Adventureland any time soon, so let's get the refurb and get on with it!

Flying carpets forever! :cool:

SirGoofy

Jungle Cruise? How long is the wait? :lookaroun

The sad truth is that much of Adventureland is a snoozefest or a gateway to Pirates of the Caribbean and the western edge of Frontierland, so if a spinner makes the kids happy and gives some people a reason to slow down coming and going, what's the harm?

Yea...completely false.:wave:

JC consistently has one of the highest wait times in MK, and consistently destroys it's hourly numbers.

Snooze fest my butt.

EPCOT Explorer

MKCP--- Yeah, that's great and all, but it totally kills the theme. Arabian in Africa/Tropics?:shrug:

JC consistently has one of the highest wait times in MK, and consistently destroys it's hourly numbers.

Snooze fest my butt.
Yep. I couldn't ride last time....:(

Sean, I know. Spare me the lecture.:lol:

Maybe.... Think of a big ace tiki that blows fire into the air. It'd be freaking awesome! :lol: :lookaroun
OK, I'm in.:lol:

Princess Kitty

I'm a bit of a romantic, and I love the idea of this ride (flying on a magic carpet). But, it does seem like we have too many spinners at the MK and this one is located in a pretty congested area.

So, how about we send it to DCA where it can join the Aladdin show? Or, better yet, we'll move both the Aladdin show and the carpets to DHS?

RSoxNo1

Snooze fest my butt.

What do you mean by destroys it's hourly numbers? Exceeds hourly capacity or doesn't come close to reaching it's hourly capacity?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom