Lost Island in Consideration?

spaceghost

I love LOST and would love for it to go into DHS. Doesn't really fit MK though. My thought would be to maybe do something vaguely like the Journey into Atlantis attraction at Islands of Adventure, but cooler. Instead of the water tunnel at the end, it could culminate with an encounter with Smokie. It could start with you walking through the beach and the plane wreckage, into the hatch which then goes into lockdown mode, to Dharmaville and now the Temple. It could be cool.

mattnrach

love the DHS ideas!! I think it fits perfectly into that park. My wife and I would love to walk around the hatch!! I'd even take a walk through *would this work in the space that caspian was in?*

stitchcastle

bringing the actual Lost characters in? that's a horrible idea. Lost does NOT lend itself well to any entertainment type theme park interpretation.

corrwill

Yeah I still love the idea of having SOMETHING Lost related at the parks. Agree NOT in Magic Kingdom, but DHollywood Studios. It 100% must go there to fit in with the theme. I would even be OK with a the fast food backlot express near indiana jones to be Lost themed. I can tell you that all we have right now from Lost are 2 Dharma Jumpsuits at the ABC commissary. Nice, but I want big props like the van/hatch/donkeywheel/foot. Other option, how about a restaurant/bar on PI come on. Who doesn't want a hydra cocktail in a collectible polar bear mug? :) I have also always wanted an ABC store similar to the NBC store in NYC where you can take blue screen pics and have them sell merchandise from ABC shows young and old. Sounds like a winner to me.

DisneyMusician2

If Indy fits Adventureland, why can't LOST?

I think that Indiana Jones is simply the epitome of the soul of adventure for an entire generation.

LOST, although very cool, isn't a good makeover, especially for what is really a kids play area that is very effective today.

DHS would be a better landing spot, and certainly could give a better area for a more adult oriented attraction.

_Scar

I think that Indiana Jones is simply the epitome of the soul of adventure for an entire generation.

LOST is also a MASSIVE adventure. A long, complicated adventure. The epitome of a new kind of adventure for a new generation.

LOST, although very cool, isn't a good makeover, especially for what is really a kids play area that is very effective today.

All the more reason it needs to be balanced out.

DHS would be a better landing spot, and certainly could give a better area for a more adult oriented attraction.

It doesn't have to just target adults. An EMV would work completely.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
How popular is Lost in other countries? I mean, if Disney were to build a WDW attraction, it should have appeal outside of the U.S. at the very least.

The ONLY way I could see something working is if the show was extremely popular all over long after the show is over, and Disney decided to create a completely new storyline (a la the Tower of Terror did for the Twilight Zone)

Expo_Seeker40

"Disney welcomes the newest addition to it's DVC family......DHARMA Springs and Spa at Disney's Discovery Island. Rough it out in 1970s yellow homes, stacked with all your favorite records and 8tracks. Daily submarine departures to the Transportation and Ticket Center occur every morning at 3am." :lookaroun

fosse76

LOST is also a MASSIVE adventure. A long, complicated adventure. The epitome of a new kind of adventure for a new generation.

Indiana Jones is arguably more family-friendly. Lost is not.

It doesn't have to just target adults. An EMV would work completely.

How could it not? I don't hear many teenagers or small children discussing Lost plot points. Families are The Magic Kingdom's largest demographic by far. There is no way a Lost attraction would be appropriate.

Wilt Dasney

Count me among those who think the show is too psychological to make for good theme park material..but if they do it, it should be a boutique experience on Discovery Island with its own ticket. The show's themes are too "big" to fit TSI, and it's just not right for a DL/MK-style park IMO.

Figment632

Count me among those who think the show is too psychological to make for good theme park material..but if they do it, it should be a boutique experience on Discovery Island with its own ticket. The show's themes are too "big" to fit TSI, and it's just not right for a DL/MK-style park IMO.

I agree and besides that it is overrated and not really that good imo.

SirGoofy

For everyone saying it couldn't be a ride, it would be so easy.

Just have it basically be a tour of the island, where you eventually get attacked by Smokie, and you have to escape.

Easy.:lol:

Wilt Dasney

For everyone saying it couldn't be a ride, it would be so easy.

Just have it basically be a tour of the island, where you eventually get attacked by Smokie, and you have to escape.

Easy.:lol:
It could be done conceptually. That doesn't mean I like the concept. :lol: :p

I just think turning LOST into a "whew, we escaped" Saturday morning cartoon plot would not do it justice.

But to be honest, I thought the same thing about The Twilight Zone the first time I rode ToT, and I've come to appreciate that ride's story a lot more...so I reserve the right to change my mind!

need2go2wdw

As much as I love LOST, believe me, I'm a big fan and will be in mourning the day the show ends, I just don't see it being a hit as an attraction. The show is ENDING! Why try to ressurect it after its gone? I realize its majorly popular TODAY, but how about tomorrow? How long would it take for them to revamp the island into the LOST theme or even an attraction? My guess is a while and by the time they were done, LOST will be forgotten.

SirGoofy

As much as I love LOST, believe me, I'm a big fan and will be in mourning the day the show ends, I just don't see it being a hit as an attraction. The show is ENDING! Why try to ressurect it after its gone? I realize its majorly popular TODAY, but how about tomorrow? How long would it take for them to revamp the island into the LOST theme or even an attraction? My guess is a while and by the time they were done, LOST will be forgotten.

I don't see it being forgotten anytime soon.

Not as popular, sure, but forgotten? No.

"Disney welcomes the newest addition to it's DVC family......DHARMA Springs and Spa at Disney's Discovery Island. Rough it out in 1970s yellow homes, stacked with all your favorite records and 8tracks. Daily submarine departures to the Transportation and Ticket Center occur every morning at 3am." :lookaroun

Ha ha I love this idea would get me to join DVC:ROFLOL:

slappy magoo

This would make some people skittish, but once the show is over, I personally would have ZERO issue with a Lost attraction. My idea would be 2 attractions in one. The pre-show would be an attraction in and of itself, a 360-degree simulation of a cruise where you meet one of the characters from Lost who isn't dead by the time the show ends. Probably Hurley, laughing about how he'd never be caught dead flying again, haha. Only one by one, many other characters from the series walk by, all doing that "What are you...and you...but if you're all here...and I'm here...oh crap..." Hurley tells you to stay close if anything gets screwy, they've done this before. Suddenly a rumble, a pop, and the cruise ship is magically grounded on The Island. After some fun with the smoke monster and some of The Others chasing you, you exit the "ship" and board a Dharma bus to get to the shore, where there's a chance...JUST a chance you can get back to where you're supposed to be.

Now if they REALLY wanted to achieve some sense of "reality" for the ride based on the reality of the series, and as long as dreaming is legal, the first part of the attraction would release people in a tunnel where omnimovers would take you to the second part of the ride. That tunnel would go UNDER the Seven Seas Lagoon and drop you off on Discovery Island, which would be converted into the latter part of the attraction. And when the ride is over, you've been "dropped off" in the middle of WDW. Once you're done with the attraction, you can either take an omnimover back, or there are boat shuttles that take you to a special re-entrance just for Lost riders, or a boat shuttle that will take you to the TTC, if that was your last experience of the day and of course, the boats only take people FROM the island, not TO the island). Because the attraction's timeline occurs AFTER the events of the series, there's no need to worry about continuity, in fact, you have characters essentially saying "oh, no, not again," which allows the Imagineers to take you through iconic moments from the series OR create a whole new adventure, perhaps one that the characters hadn't yet experienced.

That's my Blue Sky synopsis and I'm sticking to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom