Lost Island in Consideration?

Brian_WDW74

How popular is Lost in other countries? I mean, if Disney were to build a WDW attraction, it should have appeal outside of the U.S. at the very least.

In 2006, a survey of twenty countries by Informa Telecoms and Media concluded that Lost was the second most popular TV show in those countries, after CSI: Miami. I don't know if a newer survey has been taken, but if the American ratings are any indication then things probably haven't changed much. :)

As much as I love LOST, believe me, I'm a big fan and will be in mourning the day the show ends, I just don't see it being a hit as an attraction. The show is ENDING! Why try to ressurect it after its gone? I realize its majorly popular TODAY, but how about tomorrow? How long would it take for them to revamp the island into the LOST theme or even an attraction? My guess is a while and by the time they were done, LOST will be forgotten.

There have been rumblings that Disney wants to turn Lost into a franchise. While the current series is ending, it's possible that another one will begin within the next few years. So while any future series might not be as popular as the present one, I doubt that Lost will be forgotten anytime soon.

Omnimover

Theyre selling off a TON of props after the show is over to fans. Just a heads up since you're a collector. Maybe you might be able to snatch something. I want Eko's stick :lookaroun

I know :) I really want John Locke's box of Knives and the Drive Shaft Ring

You two better be willing to shell out some cash for those bad boys. The only thing the average joe will be be able to afford will be Dharma Ketchup Bottle No 75. Key props like those are going to sell for massive amounts to collectors and sci-fi/television museums.

Good luck, though! If you get something, post pics for us all!

hrcollectibles

Yeah I still love the idea of having SOMETHING Lost related at the parks. Agree NOT in Magic Kingdom, but DHollywood Studios. It 100% must go there to fit in with the theme. I would even be OK with a the fast food backlot express near indiana jones to be Lost themed. I can tell you that all we have right now from Lost are 2 Dharma Jumpsuits at the ABC commissary. Nice, but I want big props like the van/hatch/donkeywheel/foot. Other option, how about a restaurant/bar on PI come on. Who doesn't want a hydra cocktail in a collectible polar bear mug? :) I have also always wanted an ABC store similar to the NBC store in NYC where you can take blue screen pics and have them sell merchandise from ABC shows young and old. Sounds like a winner to me.

I would love for them to add one of the Dharma Vans to the Backlot tour... Anyone have pics of the Jumpsuits?

hrcollectibles

You two better be willing to shell out some cash for those bad boys. The only thing the average joe will be be able to afford will be Dharma Ketchup Bottle No 75. Key props like those are going to sell for massive amounts to collectors and sci-fi/television museums.

Good luck, though! If you get something, post pics for us all!
At this point I'd take any piece of memorabilia....

The thing I have noticed, from personal experience. Is those that find the show boring, or doesn't make sense, or thinks it stinks, is because they may have seen an episode here and there. LOST is not like any other show, You have to have been following it all along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom