Lost Island in Consideration?

_Scar

I am a Huge fan of LOST and would like to have an attraction at the Studios.. If no Attraction I wish they would atleast add some LOST pieces to the backlot tour... Like maybe one of the Dharma Vans and a few jumpsuits.

Theyre selling off a TON of props after the show is over to fans. Just a heads up since you're a collector. Maybe you might be able to snatch something. I want Eko's stick :lookaroun

drossjr

This is a terriable idea, dont create a Lost attraction when the show is ending, maybe they should've came up with this after the first season was a success.

Same thing with American Idol experience, how much longer will this show be on when the judges keep leaving the show???

Figment632

Breath in, and then breath out.

It was a joke dude.:lol:

I wouldn't laugh because I could see the current mess of management that TDO is doing this.

TDO

" Hmmm where could we stick a tropical Island attraction? AL nah the best place would be in between colonial America and the American Frontier!!!!?

JimboJones123

I love Lost as much as if not more than any of you.

That being said, I cannot see any situation where a LOST attraction would be fun or theme park worthy. It is not an adventure show. It is not thrilling. It is an emotional, character driven drama.

The only action that really happens on Lost is when somebody shoots somebody. Not a good attraction.

An island? Really, what fun would that be? Pirates island at DL was a bust because it was still just an island. What enjoyment would you really get from seeing tents made from tarps?

A plane crash simulation--not the same day I plan on taking a plane home. But thanks anyways.

A ride where you push a button that does not do anything, oh wait, that is Mission:Space.

A crack somebody's head with a rock adventure?

Turn the donkey wheel?

Sink an island with a nuke ride?

Polar bear habitat at Animal Kingdom -- actually, that might work.

Bamboo chutes under the nails torchure training, with Darth Vader?

Locke's Austrilian walkabout in Animal Kingdom -- that might be good too.

Ooh, you are in Ruins! We painted them to look old. Watch clips from the show. Impressive huh? We turned the sound up really loud. No wait, Prince Caspian was a pointless attraction.

Dharma flakes character dining featuring...no that would suck too.

Besides ANOTHER prop museum, I really do not see anything LOST related that they would be able to do in the parks that would not be better served with a better theme than LOST.

Face it, LOST's experience just is not a fun one, and Hurley's drunken van ride won't have staying power if Mr Toad's Wild Ride didn't.

CastleBound

I love LOST and would love to see some sort of representation in one of the parks. I can't really imagine what the attraction could be tho, other than a walk through scenes and props. I'll try and come up with a good idea, haha.

Unlike most, I don't think its crazy to create an attraction on a show that is ending. Think about some attractions and rides out there. Twister, Terminator, The Mummy, Back to the Future/Simpsons, Jaws, ET, Indiana Jones, Monsters Inc, Toy Story, Star Wars, among many others. All those have ended or are going to some day. So like the Back to the Future ride which lasted 16 years, if the LOST fun dies down, they can always change it up down the road.

dreamfinder

I think they only really good attraction they could do for LOST is an immersive type experience. Drop you on an island with a dozen other people, and you have to figure stuff out to find your way out. Of course, one of the other guests is a CM who can help to prod stuff in the right direction in case you are running close to your allotted time. Just sticking stuff on a ride won't make sense to anyone who has never seen or followed the show. Admittedly, even an interactive experience won't have a long lasting following.

JimboJones123

I love LOST and would love to see some sort of representation in one of the parks. I can't really imagine what the attraction could be tho, other than a walk through scenes and props. I'll try and come up with a good idea, haha.

Unlike most, I don't think its crazy to create an attraction on a show that is ending. Think about some attractions and rides out there. Twister, Terminator, The Mummy, Back to the Future/Simpsons, Jaws, ET, Indiana Jones, Monsters Inc, Toy Story, Star Wars, among many others. All those have ended or are going to some day. So like the Back to the Future ride which lasted 16 years, if the LOST fun dies down, they can always change it up down the road.

Remember, the LOST franchise is not ending, just the show.

Disney has been working hard for over a year now on ways to create a second series in another 2-3 years. Who know what form it will take at this point, but Disney does not want the franchise to end.

hrcollectibles

Theyre selling off a TON of props after the show is over to fans. Just a heads up since you're a collector. Maybe you might be able to snatch something. I want Eko's stick :lookaroun

I know :) I really want John Locke's box of Knives and the Drive Shaft Ring

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Mmmm a show that was stretched beyond any credibility purely in the desire for income. I can see how that would fit with Disnetys current thinking

Walt 1901

I am for the Discovery Island idea also. The island looks horrible as you pass by on the boats. The only problem I would see is crowd control. How many people would fit on the island?

Tom Morrow

NO...just, NO!

The mere thought of replacing TSI with LOST is repulsive and makes me want to gag.
Because TSI is such a great and important part of Walt Disney World, right?

I love LOST, and I wouldn't want a LOST attraction in Frontierland (unless it was temporary), but is there anyone that would honestly care if TSI was replaced?

JimboJones123

I am for the Discovery Island idea also. The island looks horrible as you pass by on the boats. The only problem I would see is crowd control. How many people would fit on the island?

Again, it is neat in theory, but what could they actually do there to make it worth visiting?

_Scar

Again, it is neat in theory, but what could they actually do there to make it worth visiting?

4 toed statue, all the hatches, beach camp, the temple, the barracks, beach plane, the tunnels, Jacob's cabin....

ugh, I could go on and on

I'd LOVE a Lost island on Discovery Island (Bay Lake)

BenS

As a huge fan of Lost, I seriously don't want to see it in MK or Disneyland Park. It has no place there. Maybe something in DHS?

Discovery Island could work, but it'd be sort of unconventional to have that sort of attraction outside of the 4 parks.

I don't know, I can't see Lost being terribly interesting in a theme park setting. Sure it might be kind of neat to walk around sets, but I wouldn't want to do it more than once. (especially if they aren't very big, which would make it crowded and cramped)

Plus, does Lost have that much staying power? The big appeal (for me, at least) is wondering what's going to happen next. Once it's over, will anyone still care?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I don't know, I can't see Lost being terribly interesting in a theme park setting. Sure it might be kind of neat to walk around sets, but I wouldn't want to do it more than once. (especially if they aren't very big, which would make it crowded and cramped)

Plus, does Lost have that much staying power? The big appeal (for me, at least) is wondering what's going to happen next. Once it's over, will anyone still care?

Agreed, as I posted on the other thread in the Imagineering board, I just don't see this being a good idea for a theme park attraction, sure you can have re-creations of all of the dharma buildings, but then what? people get to push the button every 108 minutes, listen to old records, kidnap people, get stuck in nets, and argue about who has the guns?

Lost is an extremely character driven show, without those characters, it would seem very empty I think.

I mean, seriously, other than a walkthrough set tour, I just don't see what else they could have.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom