LOST Discussion Thread

dolbyman

man the latest episode could have been straight out the "tales from the crypt"
:eek:

keeps you on the edge till the end :sohappy:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Seriously.. at first i felt bad about what happened - and what a horrible way to go - but then i realized what they had done to end up there.

But hasn't Kate done plenty of killing people? We still like her despite that, you think we'd look a less judgementally on other people.

k.hunter30

Posting has been pretty sparse on here - I'm afraid the show is losing some of it's viewers...

Has anyone heard some good rumors of what's still to come this season? I'm hoping something pretty big - to draw back in those viewers who might have stopped watching. :shrug:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think it's starting to fustrate people. I mean, you have characters that come and go for seemingly no reason. Would it really be that hard to find the Other camp without eye patch guy? No, just wander the island.

And thus patchy dies. He was just a red herring - something the show is starting to have too many of....

Scar Junior

I think it's starting to fustrate people. I mean, you have characters that come and go for seemingly no reason. Would it really be that hard to find the Other camp without eye patch guy? No, just wander the island.

And thus patchy dies. He was just a red herring - something the show is starting to have too many of....

Unless this location (or something related to them going there) comes up again in the future... Also, I like how the episode allowed us to see another location on Locke's Dharma map.

Shaman

The show has been a lot better lately...those episodes at the beginning of the season were sorta week. Hasn't viewership dropped like by 30-50%? It seems its even starting to lose some of the loyal fans. Hopefully the show will around until they can get to the end, I think its a great show.

k.hunter30

I'd have to agree with you. Last episode (granted, it may prove important in the future) didn't further the plot along very much and I think that is what is frustrating to viewers. I want to learn more about the secrets of the island - or secrets of our favorite characters - not the past lives of a random couple who die anyways... I mean, think about it, how important has showing (for example) Shannon's and Boone's past REALLY turned out to be...?:shrug:

k.hunter30

I missed last night's episode. Satellite was out :mad: . Was it good enough for me to download and watch on my tiny computer screen? Or should I just read an update?

dandaman

Well, I thought it was pretty darn good. If you recognized the woman that Sawyer had conned in a second season episode (forget which), you would have had something interesting revealed. Watch it! (And, if you're in the U.S. you can watch the whole thing from ABC.com, if that's not what you're doing already.) :wave:

k.hunter30

Well, I thought it was pretty darn good. If you recognized the woman that Sawyer had conned in a second season episode (forget which), you would have had something interesting revealed. Watch it! (And, if you're in the U.S. you can watch the whole thing from ABC.com, if that's not what you're doing already.) :wave:
Guess I'll download it then... I need to figure out how to hook up my computer to our new TV - that would make things better! I just hate watching stuff on the computer...:shrug:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
*sigh*

I feel bad for everyone.. Poor Juliet.. and they played the theme from Requiem for a Dream with next week's preview - that can't be good.

k.hunter30

Man! Not too many Lost fans anymore...:(

I tell ya though, I never liked that Juliette chick and her stupid smirks... I wonder what they're up to...?

speck76

Original Poster
Episode 3.17: Catch-22 (Desmond-centric)
Airdate: April 18, 2007

Desmond coaxes Charlie, Hurley and Jin on a trek across the jungle after experiencing one of his future-prophesizing “flashes” -- but is he purposely placing Charlie’s life in harm’s way? Meanwhile, Kate turns to an unwitting Sawyer after seeing Jack alone with Juliet. Guest starring are Sonia Walger as Penny Widmore, Jack Maxwell as Derek, Joanna Bool as Ruth, Andrew Connolly as Brother Campbell, Andrew Trask as older monk and Marsha Thomason as parachutist. Source: ABC

Episode 3.18: D.O.C. (Jin/Sun-centric)
Airdate: April 25, 2007

After discovering that all of "The Others'" pregnant women died before giving birth on the island, an extremely reticent Sun allows Juliet to examine her -- and uncovers the identity of the unborn child's father. Meanwhile, Desmond allows an unlikely nemesis to help save the life of a new, mysterious island inhabitant. Guest starring are Byron Chung as Mr. Paik, Andrew Divoff as Mikhail, Marsha Thomason as Naomi, John Shin as Mr. Kwon, Alexis Rhee as older woman, Esmond Chung as Paik's associate and Jean Chung as Paik's secretary. Source: ABC

Episode 3.19: The Brig (?-centric)
Airdate: May 2, 2007

*Rumor has it this show will have a significant Locke/Father time...

Episode 3.20: The Man Behind the Curtain (Dharma-centric)
Airdate: May 9, 2007

Episode 3.21: Greatest Hits (fka "Truth about Lying") (Charlie-centric)
Airdate: May 16, 2007

Episodes 3.22 and 3.23: Through the Looking Glass (?-centric, two-hour season finale)
Airdate: May 23, 2007 from 9 to 11 p.m.

speck76

Original Poster
from another site.....and built upon:

Actually, seeing Charlie die 4 different times is proof enough that Desmond had "traveled" many times.

Think about it:

# 1 Charlie dies getting hit by lightening. Charlie is now dead there is no second death.

#2 Desmond redo # 1 saves Charlie from getting hit by lighting, Charlie is still alive but drowns trying to save Claire. Charlie is Dead again. Charlie can only die a third time if Desmond starts all over again. And So....

#3 Desmond redo #2 saves Charlie from lighting, saves Charlie from Drowing. Charlie is still alive, but then dies while trying to get a bird for Claire. Charlie is Dead Again.

#4 Desmond redo # 3 saves Charlie from lighting, saves Charlie from Drowing, saves Charlie from hitting his head on a rock while trying to get a bird for Claire, but Charlie dies when an arrow is shot through his neck. Charlie is dead again.

# 5 Episode Catch-22 Charlie is still alive after Desmond saves his life yet again. What is next? Desmond is now current. (as far as we know)

All evidence and episodes points to Desmond actually being there, trying to change things. These events could not have happened if Desmond "saw" the future. He actually physically had to save Charlie's life each time in order for this sequence of events to occur.

Charlie's deaths may not be the only evidence of Desmonds time travels, but they are the only ones so far that have been revealed in the show.

One of the times that Desmond turned the fail safe key, and went back to Penny, he must have been able to communicate to Penny what has been happening.

Captain Hank

*sniffles* Poor Juliet. She was human - once.
I don't know, she did say "I hate you" after leaving the message for Ben on the tape recorder. I still hold hope that she might turn out okay in the end (though I doubt it).

So what about the revelation at the end of the show?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom