Lord of the Rings and more coming to DHS?

dizknee24

I like to take info from bus drivers with a grain of salt.

A few years ago, a magical express driver took 20 mins outlining Disney's plan to create a Marvel themed roller coaster park to compete with IoA. I believed him....not very smart on my part.

JimboJones123

I like to take info from bus drivers with a grain of salt.

A few years ago, a magical express driver took 20 mins outlining Disney's plan to create a Marvel themed roller coaster park to compete with IoA. I believed him....not very smart on my part.
Don't be too hard on yourself. I am 100% sure that there are plans just like that somewhere. Probably several versions.

TP2000

Now on with the news.

1. DHS is going to double in size.
2. Lord of the Rings land is coming to DHS
3. Star Wars land is coming to DHS
4. Cars Land is coming to DHS
5. Streets of America will not be demolished

He also gave me a small tidbit of Epcot news.

1. Soarin is adding scenes not associated with California. He did not specify Soarin Over the World.
2. The screens in Soarin are outdated, and going to be replaced with HD 3D screens to enhance the experience.

Again I am just the messenger sharing the information I have heard. Only time will tell if it is valid info.

A third of that stuff he got from Al Lutz on MiceAge, a third of that stuff he got from the Forums here on this site, and a third of that stuff was just made up in the bus driver break room. Mix that together, then ladle it with a heavy coating of "Cancelled/Outdated", and you've got yourself the latest scoop from WDW Transportation Cast Members! :D

But thank you for sharing, honestly. It's fun to hear what the CM's are talking about on and off property.

This should also serve as a reminder that we should all be rotating our tires seasonally, and checking the tire pressure monthly. So many people are driving around on tires that are rarely or never rotated, with 10 to 15 psi missing from their tires meaning increased uneven wear and horrible gas mileage. Rotate your tires seasonally, and check the pressure on them monthly!

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

The doubling of size includes a Game of Thrones land... not Lord of the Rings. The Red Wedding is the feature restaurant.
I would love to see Catelyn Stark zombiefied walking around the Studios.

Pure magic:
lady_stoneheart___asoiaf___game_of_thrones_by_azad_injejikian-d5vuvtd.jpg

James122

The doubling of size includes a Game of Thrones land... not Lord of the Rings. The Red Wedding is the feature restaurant.

The live entertainment line-up in Game of Thrones land includes a daily beheading at 3:00, accompanied by various other forms of dismemberment.

Oddysey

Original Poster
A third of that stuff he got from Al Lutz on MiceAge, a third of that stuff he got from the Forums here on this site, and a third of that stuff was just made up in the bus driver break room. Mix that together, then ladle it with a heavy coating of "Cancelled/Outdated", and you've got yourself the latest scoop from WDW Transportation Cast Members! :D

But thank you for sharing, honestly. It's fun to hear what the CM's are talking about on and off property.

This should also serve as a reminder that we should all be rotating our tires seasonally, and checking the tire pressure monthly. So many people are driving around on tires that are rarely or never rotated, with 10 to 15 psi missing from their tires meaning increased uneven wear and horrible gas mileage. Rotate your tires seasonally, and check the pressure on them monthly!

The funny thing is I almost did not post the info because I was afraid that he might be a forum member and get his feelings hurt. I knew the bus driver credibility jokes would begin, but I felt the need to present the source of the info so that each member could use their own judgment when considering the validity of the rumors.

The Empress Lilly

The funny thing is I almost did not post the info because I was afraid that he might be a forum member and get his feelings hurt. I knew the bus driver credibility jokes would begin, but I felt the need to present the source of the info just as I obtained it.
And I appreciate it! Do share if you hear something interesting. Sometimes, it just might be true. It is true that most rumours are false, but it is also true that all real plans and proposals at WDW are surrounded by truthful rumour.

rd805

Little unknown Tidbit - could have been said in the previous 4 pages, not reading 4 pages of comments.

A few years back LOTR WAS slated to be put into the Great Movie Ride to replace Alien scene. OBVIOUSLY that fell through, but yes it was mentioned that LOTR is now a Universal project, and any future renderings would be at one of those parks (which would be awesome...)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Big picture. You get an ip. You're criticized for not being original, so you come up with tangentially related things that really don't have anything to do with the ip to sate those craving originality. Plus, Tiana could occasionally appear at the aforementioned Gumbo House.
paranoid.gif

You do have a point! :)

flyerjab

[quote="englanddg, post: 5724005, member:

I can give you an example. You walk into a Chuck E. Cheese, and the cashier tells you that they are going to expand the ball pit.

You rush off and tell everyone else...HEY, THEY ARE EXPANDING THE BALL PIT, I HEARD IT FROM A REAL EMPLOYEE THERE...

Well, reality was, they eliminated the ball pits for many reasons, including liability, and we made that decision from the top down. Even the General Managers didn't know until the last minute (meaning, when we did the overhauls of their stores)...

That's why Bus Drivers (or cashiers, etc) are not valued sources (though, their opinions are always welcomed).[/quote]

So I've been camping outside of my local Chuck E. Cheeses for the past 3 hours for nothing?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom