Lord of the Rings and more coming to DHS?

The Empress Lilly

Bus drivers are not briefed by management about (possible) expansion plans. They have no insider access. They rehash rumours they read here. Then sensationalise these a bit and present them with that weird complete and utter self-assuredness to unsuspecting guests.

The gardener at the White House is not kept in the loop of policy options. The toilet cleaning lady of Apple is not kept up to speed of new iPhone features.

These people are not close to the fire. They are neither part of nor privy to inside information. They are merely sometimes physically in close proximity to management, the way you are if you drive a few blocks around the head offices of TWDC.

The Empress Lilly

The Lord of the Rings should remain untouched. That is one property I wouldn't want to see in any park. If people want to see Hobbiton, they can fly to New Zealand.
Yeah, I was just out in New Zealand the other day and

no I wasn't. Kiwiland is in the middle of the South Pacific, right next to Mars. And even if I would go there, I'd go birdwatching! I wouldn't mind a LotR in Orlando.

Last edited:

doctornick

I don't believe for a second that LOTR is coming to any Disney park -- or even being considered for such -- but I do think that a medieval themed land would be a great addition to WDW. Yes, Fantasyland is medieval in nature, but it is fairy tale/princess based and not sword and sorcery.

Regardless of using an IP like LOTR, I'd love to see a medieval fantasy based land. Of course, the closest thing to that was Beastly Kingdomme and we all know how that has turned out....

JimboJones123

Yeah, I was just out in New Zealand the other day and

no I wasn't. Kiwiland is in the middle of the South Pacific, right next to Mars. And even if I would go there, I'd go birdwatching! I wouldn't mind a LotR in Orlando.
The idea of me taking my family to NZ is incredibly silly. 2 days of travel. A day of recovery on each end. Tours and....

Just....no.

If it is in Orlando, I would gaga! Seriously, I'd buy a Dwarf axe for $300 in a heartbeat. Some elf jewlery. Sign me up. As long as they do not serve Eowen Stew. Yuck.

yeti

tumblr_l9mzt1e0Nk1qaq6w3.gif

The Empress Lilly

The idea of me taking my family to NZ is incredibly silly. 2 days of travel. A day of recovery on each end. Tours and....

Just....no.

If it is in Orlando, I would gaga! Seriously, I'd buy a Dwarf axe for $300 in a heartbeat. Some elf jewlery. Sign me up. As long as they do not serve Eowen Stew. Yuck.
Yes to all of that! NZ is what you visit as a young backpacker. Or, most likely for most people, never. So I too wish LotR would find another physical presence somewhere else, preferably somewhere on this planet. I'd go nuts for anything LotR! Although, apart from rights issues, the big problem is, which LotR? The one from the Peter Jackson movies? Or the books?

LotR would destroy Potter in merch sales. What's a few $30 wands compared to silver Elf jewelry, dwarf weaponry, fantasy clothing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom