Lord of the Rings and more coming to DHS?

Oddysey

Original Poster
I am a WDW local, and spent some time at Tire Kingdom (not to be confused with Magic Kingdom) today getting my tires rotated. At this time I began discussion with a fellow Tire Kingdom customer who has worked for WDW for 24 years. Before all the bus driver jokes begin let me state that he did specify that he worked in transportation. He never did say what he did in transportation, which leads me to believe that he is likely to be a bus driver. Nevertheless, I am going to share the news that he shared with me today. Some of what he told me I believe may be new information to the forum, but most of it is not. I apologize in advance if nothing is new as I cannot always keep up with the ever expanding rumor threads in this forum. As always take this with a grain of salt as I am just relaying the message that I heard from the 24 year transportation veteran.
Now on with the news.

1. DHS is going to double in size.
2. Lord of the Rings land is coming to DHS
3. Star Wars land is coming to DHS
4. Cars Land is coming to DHS
5. Streets of America will not be demolished

He also gave me a small tidbit of Epcot news.

1. Soarin is adding scenes not associated with California. He did not specify Soarin Over the World.
2. The screens in Soarin are outdated, and going to be replaced with HD 3D screens to enhance the experience.

Again I am just the messenger sharing the information I have heard. Only time will tell if it is valid info.

Cmdr_Crimson

tumblr_mghc4yYxaK1ry10fwo1_400.gif

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Likely, but he was super excited and the most passionate transportation worker I ever met. If that counts for anything?
I wish it did, but it tends to be a rather large hindrance in this particular area. A skeptically minded person would question much of that on face value.

DHS is going to double in size: Is that even physically possible?
LOTR anywhere in Disney: Tolkien was adamant about not having his story in a Disney park. No idea if his family would honor that, but it immediate puts the rumor behind the 8 ball.
Soarin: The technology is not there yet to even go digital, let alone digital 3d. A new film has been rumored since before they broke ground on the attraction at Epcot.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I wish it did, but it tends to be a rather large hindrance in this particular area. A skeptically minded person would question much of that on face value.

LOTR anywhere in Disney: Tolkien was adamant about not having his story in a Disney park. No idea if his family would honor that, but it immediate puts the rumor behind the 8 ball.
Soarin: The technology is not there yet to even go digital, let alone digital 3d. A new film has been rumored since before they broke ground on the attraction at Epcot.

If they expanded across World Drive and built garages in place of the parking lots they may just be able to double it, but I think this is unlikely. Any other option for doubling the size would require using unsuitable land which would be theoretically possible, but probably very expensive. Of all those rumors I find this one the least believable.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

It depends on whether double in size means literally double the physical land covered or if doubled means going from 6 rides to 12. To double the land would be pretty close to impossible without major roadwork. Going from 6 to 12 rides is doable. Lets hope that's what he meant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom