Lord of the Rings and more coming to DHS?

MKCP 1985

There used to be a member of these forums who was an admitted Disney bus driver and I haven't seen him post in ages. Inviro? People sometimes are so inconsiderate towards others' occupations.

Who rides buses at Disney World? Only practically everybody...so why make fun of the drivers?

Even if nothing pans out, why ridicule a batch of rumors just because of the job of the guy who shared his rumored info? Bunch a vultures, the lot of ya.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
There used to be a member of these forums who was an admitted Disney bus driver and I haven't seen him post in ages. Inviro? People sometimes are so inconsiderate towards others' occupations.

Who rides buses at Disney World? Only practically everybody...so why make fun of the drivers?

Even if nothing pans out, why ridicule a batch of rumors just because of the job of the guy who shared his rumored info? Bunch a vultures, the lot of ya.
No, that's not the point.

The fact is that most people at lower levels in a company the size of Disney have no idea what is coming.

I can give you an example. You walk into a Chuck E. Cheese, and the cashier tells you that they are going to expand the ball pit.

You rush off and tell everyone else...HEY, THEY ARE EXPANDING THE BALL PIT, I HEARD IT FROM A REAL EMPLOYEE THERE...

Well, reality was, they eliminated the ball pits for many reasons, including liability, and we made that decision from the top down. Even the General Managers didn't know until the last minute (meaning, when we did the overhauls of their stores)...

That's why Bus Drivers (or cashiers, etc) are not valued sources (though, their opinions are always welcomed).

ChrisFL

Premium Member

The fact is that most people at lower levels in a company the size of Disney have no idea what is coming.

I can give you an example. You walk into a Chuck E. Cheese, and the cashier tells you that they are going to expand the ball pit.

You rush off and tell everyone else...HEY, THEY ARE EXPANDING THE BALL PIT, I HEARD IT FROM A REAL EMPLOYEE THERE...

Well, reality was, they eliminated the ball pits for many reasons, including liability, and we made that decision from the top down. Even the General Managers didn't know until the last minute (meaning, when we did the overhauls of their stores)...

That's why Bus Drivers (or cashiers, etc) are not valued sources (though, their opinions are always welcomed).

Especially when some of us are/were recently Disney CM's. I was one and I can tell you, we got nearly no insider info for any new attractions at all. I got more insider info working for Uni in the 90's as a TM (Uni info, not Disney info, to clarify)

The Empress Lilly

Well put, well put!

GLaDOS

I thought around the time that Potter 2.0 was beginning construction Universal was making a pitch for LoTR. I was thinking that MiceAge had it in one of their columns but haven't heard anything since.

They've been making the pitch long before then, and are still making the pitch.

If they thought JKR was demanding, she's got nothing on the Tolkiens. I don't expect to see the property show up in the parks, even though I think Universal Creative could make one hell of a land.

JimboJones123

Yes to all of that! NZ is what you visit as a young backpacker. Or, most likely for most people, never. So I too wish LotR would find another physical presence somewhere else, preferably somewhere on this planet. I'd go nuts for anything LotR! Although, apart from rights issues, the big problem is, which LotR? The one from the Peter Jackson movies? Or the books?

LotR would destroy Potter in merch sales. What's a few $30 wands compared to silver Elf jewelry, dwarf weaponry, fantasy clothing?
I think they could stay true to both book amd film and rip more directly from Alan Lee. Oh, and pay that man good for it too. He is brilliant and Tolkin endorsed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom