Looks like WORK

metscool

Original Poster
What are they going to do tonight? I'm guessing that they will take that little part off or maybe they will take it off right bellow the intersection

diddy_mouse

I think this is one of the most watched construction events I've ever seen! :ROFLOL: But it is really exciting to find new updates! :D Thanks to everyone for their info :wave:

The Mak

Nice pictures, thanks for the update.

Also, what is this?

2007-07-26-Epcot8.jpg

AstareGod

Nice pictures, thanks for the update.

Also, what is this?

2007-07-26-Epcot8.jpg
I remember earlier in this thread, maybe two or three pages back, of someone mentioning the dive-bombing birds that used to live in the mirror column moved to some perches near the Camera Center. I just happened to walk by and look to find a bird and a nest in both sides, and thought I should take a picture of that and just upload it.

Swoosh

It will be interesting to see how things progress now that the arch is down. Personally I would love for them to take off the stars on SSE so that we can have a "clean ball" once again

metscool

Original Poster
It will be interesting to see how things progress now that the arch is down. Personally I would love for them to take off the stars on SSE so that we can have a "clean ball" once again
That would be cool but I think they are going to take the rest of it down first then the stars. We'll see in a couple of hours what they do tonight if they are doing work

maui2k7

They are pretty close to the Hands now - I wonder when they will start dismantling them? That is the next major milestone in this demolition and one most anticipated!

SirNim

They are pretty close to the Hands now - I wonder when they will start dismantling them? That is the next major milestone in this demolition and one most anticipated!
My guess is that there will be no more "Wand" tomorrow.
Only a gigantic disembodied hand rising out of the ground.

That, or the Wand itself is decreased by half. We'll see...

Rob562

I remember earlier in this thread, maybe two or three pages back, of someone mentioning the dive-bombing birds that used to live in the mirror column moved to some perches near the Camera Center. I just happened to walk by and look to find a bird and a nest in both sides, and thought I should take a picture of that and just upload it.

Actually, I believe the quote was "dive-bombing puff balls". :lol:
(And that's what I'll think of for the rest of my life every time I see a sparrow... Thanks Merf, or whoever coined that phrase...)

They were living in the top of the Leave a Legacy kiosk that was removed from around the mirror column, and for the first couple days they were very ticked off about it. (Hence the dive-bombing). Then they took up residence in these alcoves nearby. There's the uplights that light the underside of SSE, and the two infrared emitters that are for Pal Mickey. (Those are what the birds built their nests behind)

-Rob

donaldfan

Well, lets see, if part of a 50ton wand fell through the roof of your house, then I guess you would hire someone to get the proper parts and attach them to the damaged sections of your house, is there some reason that they can't follow the same procedure at SSE:shrug:::)

Yep, my house and SSE, exactly the same. Why does everyone get so defensive on these boards . . . ugh . . .

Every now and than I'm reminded why my post count is so low . . .

jalpcm

I finally got a chance to scan my old picture of Epcot. I think this was taken sometime in the early 80's. I was around 6 back then.

jalpcm

I believe it was taken with an old 35mm. My dad actually took the shot, since I was only 6ish..don't think I was allowed to touch the camera back then (me super clumsy). :( Guess things never change though, now I am 30 and my husband still won't let me touch the camera. :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom