Looks like WORK

I've gotten amazingly used to it (construction) and wander around wondering when projects that have had permits filed are going to start - sometimes to the point of being a little annoyed that "nothing is going on today."

Hehe, so be a little upset that it's construction, but take comfort in knowing they're amusing me.

I think it depends on what park! I live about 15 minutes from DL and am a AP holder. I love walking around and seeing the new attraction in progress and refurbishments. When I'm on vacation to WDW I just want the magic with out the construction.

donaldfan

I think I am a convert. I didn't really have an opinion about the wand. When I started really liking WDW in 2004 the wand was there and that was my first trip to Epcot. But now.. seeing what it could look like without it.. I think I like it better clean. The way it was designed! It does seem to follow the original idea of the Park. Just my thoughts... thanks to everyone for the pics and keep them coming!

Winguapo (sp?) :wave:

I think most "pro-wand" folks will be joining the ranks as they see SSE returned to it's original state.

donaldfan

It really is a completely different feeling. As much as I love it, I do see that there is a feeling of something missing, but it also has a very strong presence. It is much more sleek and "adult" (be that good or bad). Just seeing this, though, makes me realize just how incredible the lighting package could be on this. I can now fully see the possibility of the rotating globe video at night. I really hope something new comes down the path, simply because the potential is HUGE.

EDIT: I also just realized, in doing so, imaginet he possibility of SSE being included in Illuminations. How cool would it be to involve this!

I've been thinking the same thing -- I wonder is "SkyDance" could be coming up with video projections on SSE during IllumiNations? That would make my favorite place to watch ROE (Showcase Plaza) not so great anymore . . .

coasterridr

I would think safety reasons, considering there is something MUCH more valuable underneath of it, in case the cut-off section starts swinging around . . . that is a pretty close proximity.

Not to mention that the construction company that is doing the demolition would probably be responsible for any damage to SSE. I'm pretty sure they have to be bonded and insured for a job like this. If that is the case, I can see why they are being careful...

mpaul32001

I will be going to the Parks tomorrow, and I will be bringing you a video update from outside spaceship earth, and pics, so be on the lookout!

donaldfan

Not to mention that the construction company that is doing the demolition would probably be responsible for any damage to SSE. I'm pretty sure they have to be bonded and insured for a job like this. If that is the case, I can see why they are being careful...

Yeah -- and how exactly would you fix a big hole in SSE? :shrug:

jmvd20

Just like any other hole in any other substance...

duct-tape%5B3%5D.jpg

Duct tape of course.

jeffb

coasterridr

Well, lets see, if part of a 50ton wand fell through the roof of your house, then I guess you would hire someone to get the proper parts and attach them to the damaged sections of your house, is there some reason that they can't follow the same procedure at SSE:shrug:::)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom