Looks like WORK

JML42691

Doesn't Spaceship Earth pretty much get a bath everyday during the afternoon rain shower? I guess maybe that only helps the top half with the rest getting the dirty runoff. I thought I heard during the Undiscovered Future World tour that the tile material doesn't need to be cleaned though.
The afternoon rains wouldn't really do a whole lot. Think about when the back of your car just seems to seem dirty (ecspecially after a dirt road drive). Well, half the time if you just took water to it with a hose it would not come off unless you used soap as well.

ToTBellHop

The afternoon rains wouldn't really do a whole lot. Think about when the back of your car just seems to seem dirty (ecspecially after a dirt road drive). Well, half the time if you just took water to it with a hose it would not come off unless you used soap as well.
and if you were to clean your car as often as Disney cleans the Geosphere, you'd need a lot more than soap.

Thought I would throw up a few pics from late this afternoon...Tried to take some of the exit inside and didnt get any good ones, but nothing has changed in there at all, some cars still in there along with the control console...:wave:

I came across the second crane way on the very far side of the parking lot at the woodpecker gate, could not get any closer cause they were doing some chevy show thing.
DSC_0039.jpg
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/limeionqc/DSC_0039.jpg
The star is still in the park, and is definately alot less sparkley
DSC_0045.jpg

Doesnt look like much of anything has changed.
DSC_0054.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/limeionqc/DSC_006
On either side for that matter.
DSC_0067.jpg

TinkerBell9988

Thanks for the pics!

Looks like some of the paneling of the "wand" part of the wand structure is coming off... hopefully thats the next thing to go. :D

Rob562

Thanks for the pics!

Looks like some of the paneling of the "wand" part of the wand structure is coming off... hopefully thats the next thing to go. :D

The holes in the wand are from where the letters and blue "swoosh" attached to the structure. Though I agree that the hand and wand flat pieces will most likely be the next to go. (Prob one at a time) And after that point, SSE will officially be "wand-free". It'll just have this blue and green steel structure sitting next to it. :)

-Rob

disneymania121

The Wand

Hi, everyone, I've been to wdw every year, and I remember sse with the wand and I think ill find it hard to look at next year when it is just boring SSE, does anyone agree with me?

SDav10495

Hi, everyone, I've been to wdw every year, and I remember sse with the wand and I think ill find it hard to look at next year when it is just boring SSE, does anyone agree with me?

Quite a few people agree with you. Unfortunately. :lookaroun But, without getting into another argument over aesthetics (which you can find quite enough of if you search), Spaceship Earth was never designed to be adorned by a wand. It remained without a wand for the first 17 years of its existence, and people had no problem with it...and I'm quite sure that, had the wand been taken down at the proper time (the end of the Millennium Celebration), no one would have had a problem with its removal. The fact that so many have grown accustomed to it and assumed it was permanent does not mean it should be there.

And SSE without the wand is hardly "boring". Once you return to Epcot post-wand, I'm sure you'll find that the structure is quite stunning (and yes, magical) on its own.

wickedfan07

There are some people that will agree with you. However, most hated the dumb thing. Try doing a search for "wand" and you'll find many, many threads about it. This has been the hot topic of discussion for a long time now. Let's just say both sides of the argument over the wand are very passionate about their stance...:lookaroun

To answer your question, the wand was a nice touch for the Millennium Celebration, but its time has come. SEE ia an amazing structure with or without the wand. However, without the wand hanging over the Geosphere, you'll be able to see more clearly just how immense and beautiful it really is.

metscool

Original Poster
I was trying to say that it looked like Last night and the night before (thursday night) look like they didn't do anything. I'm 1300 miles away and all I've seen are the pics and the web cam. And from them it looks like there was nothing done. I know Wed night there was work done because I posted three pics from the web cam with flashes of light from the arch.

The Mak

If the conditions aren't right, the crane won't be extended and no work will be done on the structure. Wind and Rain can halt the project very easily.

Speculation: I think the team's weekend is Friday and Saturday night, judging from the past few weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom