Loki - the Disney+ streaming Marvel MCU series

Darkprime

Kinda sad theirs only two episodes left. Hopefully they announce the what-if release date soon and it wont be another months gap of MCU content. I'm guessing it wont be since we still have Ms Marvel and Hawkeye before the end of the year.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Original Poster
Kinda sad theirs only two episodes left. Hopefully they announce the what-if release date soon and it wont be another months gap of MCU content. I'm guessing it wont be since we still have Ms Marvel and Hawkeye before the end of the year.
Isn't Black Widow basically going to be the new MCU content on Disney+ until the next show starts? They'll probably want to give that a few weeks breathing room on its own before they distract with a new show.

Squidney

Out of the 3, this one has not been able to keep my interest. I don't know why, and I feel like the love story they tried throwing into episode 4 where they mocked Loki for "having feelings for himself" was a bit much. Like we get it, he likes the female variant of himself. Who cares?

Piebald

Out of the 3, this one has not been able to keep my interest. I don't know why, and I feel like the love story they tried throwing into episode 4 where they mocked Loki for "having feelings for himself" was a bit much. Like we get it, he likes the female variant of himself. Who cares?
I actually think this one has me more hooked wanting to see the ending asap. Wandavision had good hype build up but ended flatly (still liked it a lot) and Falcon was good but concluded in a dull fashion as well. This one seems much more exciting

Lucky Rabbit

Disappointing, I hope they can keep the writing staff intact.

“I’m not returning,” the UK filmmaker told Deadline this morning in an interview. “I always planned to be just on for this and to be honest, season 2 wasn’t in the — that’s something that just came out and I’m so excited. I’m really happy to watch it as a fan next season, but I just think I’m proud of what we did here and I’ve given it my all. I’m working on some other stuff yet to be announced.”

Will she be involved with another Marvel movie? “No, I’m just focused on my own stuff at the moment. I love Marvel and I’d love to work with them again, but my outing with Loki is what I’ve done with them.”

NateD1226

Darkprime

Disappointing, I hope they can keep the writing staff intact.

I'll start getting worried if Waldron doesn't come back. Having a brand new team for Season 2 is not a good sign and the way Herron was talking it sounds like Season 2 wasn't a thing until quite late in the game.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Original Poster
What's interesting is that season 2 will be filming in London rather than Atlanta.

I wonder if that was to accommodate Tom or other production needs.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Following a first season that saw strong reviews and record viewing numbers, Marvel is now getting the wheels in motion for the second season of Loki as Deadline is hearing Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead have come on to co-direct a majority of the episodes for the upcoming season two with Tom Hiddleston returning in the role of Loki. Hiddleston and Michael Waldron, who wrote and served as show runner of season 1, will exec produce with Eric Martin penning all six episodes.

While plot details are being kept under wraps for now, the news is significant as it marks the first show in the Marvel series lineup to get a second season as every other showed that premiered in 2021 ran as a limited series. Marvel announced the second season would be on its way in the end credits of the season finale. As for returning cast, as of now Hiddleston is the only one set to return for this season."

MarvelCharacterNerd

Original Poster
"Following a first season that saw strong reviews and record viewing numbers, Marvel is now getting the wheels in motion for the second season of Loki as Deadline is hearing Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead have come on to co-direct a majority of the episodes for the upcoming season two with Tom Hiddleston returning in the role of Loki. Hiddleston and Michael Waldron, who wrote and served as show runner of season 1, will exec produce with Eric Martin penning all six episodes.

While plot details are being kept under wraps for now, the news is significant as it marks the first show in the Marvel series lineup to get a second season as every other showed that premiered in 2021 ran as a limited series. Marvel announced the second season would be on its way in the end credits of the season finale. As for returning cast, as of now Hiddleston is the only one set to return for this season."

All I need is Hiddles. :)

MarvelCharacterNerd

Original Poster
Really lovely interview with Tom about the origin of the character and how he's grown. Some stuff repeated from previous interviews (i.e. "Loki school"), but some nice thoughts about where the character started and original intentions with him and how he's grown.

Since this is a non-spoiler thread, I'll note there is discussion of the first season, so if you haven't watched it, there are spoilers for it in passing.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Rafael Casal (Blindspotting) is set for a major role in the upcoming second season of Disney+’s Marvel series Loki, sources tell Deadline.

A rep for Marvel declined comment but word of Casal’s casting started trickling out when a photo from the set of Season 2 leaked online. It features Casal walking alongside Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson, who are back, reprising their roles as anti-hero Loki and Mobius, respectively. Details about Casal’s character are being kept under wraps; online speculation includes a hypothesis that he could be playing Zaniac.

Following strong reviews and record viewing numbers for the original installment, Loki became the first Marvel series for Disney+ to get a second season."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom