Loki - the Disney+ streaming Marvel MCU series

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Looks like a flop to me.

We don’t need to argue about it though.

We can just wait for the ratings.
And yet, you started an argument about it.

Then again, you're on record that you want everything Disney does to crash and burn in order to oust Iger. So, I hope you don't mind we recuse your opinions on this or any Disney endeavor.

Trauma

And yet, you started an argument about it.

Then again, you're on record that you want everything Disney does to crash and burn in order to oust Iger. So, I hope you don't mind we recuse your opinions on this or any Disney endeavor.
I don’t mind at all.

I honestly enjoy your feedback and your contributions to the forum.

Just because you disagree with someone does not mean they are a bad person.

I also want to emphasize an important distinction.

I only want Disney to crash and burn 🔥 until Iger is gone.

I wish for unbelievable successes for the company once the parasite is removed.

Last edited:

MoonRakerSCM

Is it just me or is the production value of this SO much better than Ahsoka??? Pacing, editing, cinematography, acting, dialogue?

Good god it was like night and day to me.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"After a hit first season that brought viewers deep into the twisty world of the Time Variance Authority, Loki returned last week with a brand-new season on Disney+.

The premiere of the second season of Loki is the second most viewed season premiere on Disney+ in 2023. Loki—which stars Tom Hiddleston as the sly God of Mischief—notched 10.9 million views globally after three days streaming on Disney+.

The debut of the Marvel Studios series—which returned last Thursday—was only behind the season three premiere of The Mandalorian, which hit Disney+ in March.

The Marvel Studios series was not just popular with viewers, but also critics. Season two of Loki holds an 88% score on review site, Rotten Tomatoes, which makes it certified fresh. That goes along with a stellar 94% audience score on the site."

Full article below.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Another Disney failure.

It’s what they do best !

hunh...

The Marvel Studios series was not just popular with viewers, but also critics. Season two of Loki holds an 88% score on review site, Rotten Tomatoes, which makes it certified fresh. That goes along with a stellar 94% audience score on the site."

MarvelCharacterNerd

Original Poster
I'm enjoying season 2 more than season 1 but really, I'm good with Tom Hiddleston just standing onscreen for an hour wearing something green and smiling menacingly. :D

Then again, the only D+ show that really grabbed my heart was Ms. Marvel. Everything else has been varying levels from torturous (She-Hulk) to basically enjoyable (most everything else).

However, the Guardians Holiday Special was fantastic. 😍

Bingo

Maybe they have something that can compete with Bluey.
Ha Ha Lol GIF by Bluey

erasure fan1

So I guess by the lack of discussion about season 2 of Loki that no one really cares anymore about this show.
There's just not a lot to discuss unfortunately. It's not bad, it's not great, so far it's just there. We're at the halfway point and I'm not sure 6 episodes will be enough to make it an impactful season. On the bright side, I love OB. It's a real shame that they didn't get Ke Huy Quan back as short round for Indy 5.

Phicinfan

There's just not a lot to discuss unfortunately. It's not bad, it's not great, so far it's just there. We're at the halfway point and I'm not sure 6 episodes will be enough to make it an impactful season. On the bright side, I love OB. It's a real shame that they didn't get Ke Huy Quan back as short round for Indy 5.
Gonna disagree here. I love this, its been really entertaining, especially as Loki continues to revert at times to old Loki. Its fun to watch. The build up is really enjoyable

Phroobar

Gonna disagree here. I love this, its been really entertaining, especially as Loki continues to revert at times to old Loki. Its fun to watch. The build up is really enjoyable
It has a Doctor Who feel but still pretty slow. It feels like there is shift on who the major bad guy is for the MCU with Miss Minutes going rogue. Maybe she will become a new super powerful Ultron?

Phicinfan

It has a Doctor Who feel but still pretty slow. It feels like there is shift on who the major bad guy is for the MCU with Miss Minutes going rogue. Maybe she will become a new super powerful Ultron?
Could be, or she was Ultron all along, brought back to life by Kang. Can't wait to see...

Edit to add, some of this was filmed when the actor playing Kang had some issues as well, maybe that is part of the spin?

erasure fan1

No worries, I stick up for prince of Persia, Lol. I love Toms Loki so I will watch until the end for sure. And I really like OB, he's been great. Like I said, it's not been bad, but like a lot of the D+ shows, it is a bit slow for the amount of episodes they are giving it. Will it end up having a fantastic ending that really pushes the MCU forward? It could. I just don't think there's enough time left, or the track record for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom